FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Who are the 2018 judge candidates
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Glenn Cotton from 2012 judicial run

Candidate for Flint district judge ordered to repay $16,500 for improper fee
Print Email Gary Ridley | gridley@mlive.com By Gary Ridley | gridley@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on November 02, 2012 at 7:30 PM, updated November 02, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Cotton, Glenn.JPG
Glenn Cotton
File Photo
FLINT, MI -- A Flint-area attorney campaigning to become a Flint district judge has been ordered to pay back more than $16,000 after a judge ruled he improperly accepted a contingency payment for his work.

The order was filed against Glenn Cotton by Genesee Probate Judge Jennie Barkey on Nov. 1 after Barkey ruled that the $16,500 contingency he accepted to represent his client Annie Lee was inappropriate.

Cotton could not be immediately reached for comment.

Lee’s case revolves around a life insurance settlement she received after her husband, Curtis Lee, died in October 2010.

A 2006 will signed by Curtis Lee stipulated that his estate be turned over to his wife at the time of his death. But his sister, Shawlene Perry, claims that Curtis Lee named Perry as the beneficiary of his $50,000 life insurance policy shortly before his death, court records show.

Initially, Barkey ordered that the life insurance money be turned over to a trust account maintained by Cotton and that disbursements be made to Annie Lee after Cotton submitted a motion to the court stating that Perry had forged both of the Lees’ signatures in the past and that she had inappropriately withdrawn tens-of-thousands of dollars from Curtis Lee’s accounts.

That order was eventually lifted after Perry’s Bloomfield Hills-based attorney, Lawrence Acker, argued that Curtis Lee, who was in the process of divorcing his wife at the time of his death, personally visited his insurance agent to make Perry the beneficiary before he died and that Perry never forged his name, records show.

After a two-day evidentiary hearing in June 2011, Barkey reversed course and ordered that the $50,000 be paid to Perry by Annie Lee and her husband’s estate.

In March, Barkey held Annie Lee and Cotton in civil contempt of court for failing to turn over the $50,000 to Perry.

According to Josh Ard, a private practice attorney who serves as a member of the State Bar of Michigan Representative Assembly and the State Bar of Michigan Professional Ethics Committee, there is no automatic ban that keeps an attorney from taking a contingency in probate cases but said there is a court rule that gives the judge authority to determine what is a reasonable fee for an attorney.

“Most probate judges would not consider it to be reasonable to charge a contingent fee if the job is to distribute property according to the terms of the will,” Ard said.

The only automatic bans are on contingent fees in criminal and family law matters, Ard said.

“Contingency fees are reasonable only when there is a great risk that nothing will be gained,” Ard said. “That’s true for personal injury cases, but is unlikely to be true in simply giving out property based on what the will says.”

Cotton was required by law to have a written agreement for the fee, but Cotton was unable to produce the written agreement during Thursday’s hearing.

A bench warrant was previously issued against Cotton by Barkey after he failed to turn over documents detailing what happened to the life insurance settlement.

The warrant was never placed on the state's Law Enforcement Information Network and was quickly recalled.

Cotton is seeking election in November for one of two Flint district judge seats. He is challenging incumbent judges William Crawford and Herman Marable, as well as attoney Jill Creech Bauer
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:47 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

GENESEE FLINT . COM
LEGAL RIGHTS BRAND IDENTITY CAMPAIGN IN FAMILY LAW ( DIVORCE, CUSTODY, SUPPORT), BANKRUPTCY, COMMUNITY RESOURCE CONSUMPTION AND RIGHTS. " SEE WHATS LEGAL"

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012
COVER UP FOR CANDIDATE 68th District Court in Flint,GLENN COTTON IN PLAY!
68th District Court Candidate Glenn Cotton target of an order by Genesee Probate Judge Jennie Barkey. 10/04/12."IT IS HEREBY ORDERED AND ADJUDGED THAT a bench warrant shall be issued for Attorney Glenn Cotton due to his failure to appear as ordered by this court on August 29,2012. The bench warrant was issued regarding Glen Cotton 10/04/12.

UPDATE 10/09/12 GOOD MORNING FLINT reported this public information last week. Yesterday Candidate Cotton informed Good Morning Flint there is no bench warrant as he was exiting Judge Barkeys Court Rom. The original artificia follows. The last entry of the Genesee County Probate Court still shows the following in this case at 5:30 am on 10/09/12.. 123 BW 10/04/2012 30405,BENCH WARRANT ISSUED REGARDING ATTY GLEN COTTON

Attorney Cotton is supported by some very powerful people in his bid to unseat two excellent District Court Judges Wiliam Crawford and Herman Marable. The story is the Judge issued the order. Do we have a right to knowwhy it was issued and why it was set aside?

This is the Judge Barkey ORDER 10/04/12

I am a blogger who happens to be a lawyer with Press Credentials and an active member of the Michigan Blogging Community.I am a past Flint Municipal Ombudsman and advocate of free speech and a free press. This is not new to me. I am not commercial medial. I am not neutral. Blogging is opinion.Here I am just distributing the public record.Concerning the Bench warrant for Glen Cotton the story is the bench warrant targeted at a lawyer who is also a candidate for 68th District Court. I do not support his candidacy and prefer others. It was conveyed to me this event was happening so to be accurate I walked to the court and obtained a copy of the Order from the Court. There is plenty of innuendo as to why the Judge issued the Order essentially for this attorney Cottons arrest but I am not speculating.

In the Honorable Judge Barkeys order was the following.

" This matter came to be heard before the Court for a Review and Evidentiary Hearing. Attorneys Craig Wright and Lawrence Acker appeared. Annie Lee also appeared. Attorney Glenn Cotton Failed to appear as ordered, and for the reasons stated on the record and with the Court being other wise fully informed in the premises."

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED AND ADJUDGED THAT a Bench Warrant shall be issued for attorney Glen Cotton due to his failure to appear as ordered by this Court on August 29,2012." [Incorrect spelling of Glenn in the order]

The Genesee County Web site titled Probate Public Access allows part of the probate record to be viewed by the public . In this case 10189584 I looked at the record. I have printed 30 pages from this source you should be able to do that also by going to the following link. http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/cgi-bin/gweb.exe?mode=5250&sessionname=probatenew

If you scroll to the end the last page the entry " 123 BW 10/04/2012 BENCH WARRANT ISSUED REGARDING ATTORNEY GLEN COTTON" I would call this public information that may impact voter opinion. Do the voters of Flint have a right to know about this? Should this have been kept quite until after the election?

The following are entry number on this public court record. They are numbered you can look at the ones I list for accuracy and the ones I skipped to double check me.

50-PET 11/22/2011 TO HOLD PERSONAL REP ANNIE LEE AND HER COUNSEL GLEN COTTON IN CONTEMPT OF COURT.

55-NOH 12/09/2011 12/15/2011 1500 NOTICE OF HEARING PETITION TO HOLD PERSONAL REP & COUNSEL GLEN COTTON IN CONTEMPT OF COURT.

68-ORD 3/12/2012 ORDER THAT GLEN COTTON AND ANNIE LEE ARE HELD IN CIVIL CONTEMPT OF COURT.

94-ORD 6/28/2012 SHAW CAUSE AND CIVIL CONTEMPT OF COURT CHARGE AGAINST ATTY GLEN COTTON IN THIS MATTER ARE DISMISSED.

117-OTH 9/06/12 REPORT OF PERSONAL REP BY ATTY WRIGHT.

121-ORD 10/04/2012 ORDER FOR BENCH WARRANT FOR ATTY GLEN COTTON.

123-BENCH WARRANT ISSUED REGARDING GLEN COTTON

---end 3:54 pm 10/05/12

124-10/05/12 RECALL OF BENCH WARRANT (BENCH WARRANT SET ASIDE)
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:50 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Did Barkey appropriately reprimand Cotton in 2012? Lots of conjecture anf guesswork then.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:53 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Glenn Cotton files as candidate for Genesee County circuit court judge
Updated Apr 18; Posted Apr 18

By Karen Retzloff kretzlof@mlive.com

Attorney Glenn Cotton is running for Genesee County Circuit Court.
GENESEE COUNTY, MI -- Attorney Glenn Cotton, from Flushing, has filed and will run for one of two open seats on the Genesee County Circuit Court.

For more than 20 years, Cotton has practiced law and conducted more criminal jury trials involving life offense crimes than any other judicial candidate, according to a news release announcing his campaign.

He said that he is dedicated to the Constitution and the rule of law and vows to ensure the public safety while treating all people with dignity and respect.

Cotton received his high school diploma from Carman High School in 1985, his Bachelor of Arts in 1989 from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor and he earned his juris doctorate from the University of Detroit in 1994. Before private practice, Cotton worked as the bailiff/court officer for the 52-1 District Court and as a research attorney for the State Court Judicial Council.

Cotton is married and has three adult children. He has served on numerous community boards: the Genesee District Library, North Flint Reinvestment Corporation and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Flint.

He previously unsuccessfully ran for a district court judgeship.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:05 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

He is Pastor Flynn's lawyer and Big brother's Big Sisters Director is Reta Stanley. Some of the powerful people supporting Cotton?
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:10 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Race for Flint District Court judge seats anything but typical
Print Email Gary Ridley | gridley@mlive.com By Gary Ridley | gridley@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on October 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM, updated October 26, 2012 at 8:39 AM
FLINT, MI -- The race for two seats on the Flint District Court bench has been anything but typical.

In recent weeks, a bench warrant was issued against Glenn Cotton for failing to turn over documents in a court case while Flint District Judge Herman Marable has been the subject of a billboard campaign asking people to vote for anyone but him.

Marable and Cotton are in the running for judge, along with Flint District Judge William H. Crawford II and attorney Jill Creech Bauer.

The Genesee Landlords Association's political action committee has put up signs around the city, chiding Marable as "one terrible judge."

ELECTION2012.jpg

The association's executive director, Terry Hanson, said the group has never taken this approach in a campaign before.

"Marable is very inconsistent," said Hanson. "You really don't know what he's going to rule on one day to the next."

BE BE MARABLE 2[2].jpg
Herman Marable
File Photo
Marable said he has refused to take money from groups that regularly conduct business in the court -- including the Genesee Landlords Associatiion -- and says he is a fair judge.

"I enforce building codes. I enforce the court rules. I enforce the laws," said Marable, who was elected to the bench in 2000.

"That is my job whether people like it or not."

Marable's tenure on the bench, however, has not been without controversy.

In May, Marable was ordered by another judge to change his ruling in an eviction case.

Cotton, too, has run into his own difficulties during the election.

A bench warrant was issued against Cotton by Genesee Probate Judge Jennie E. Barkey after he failed to turn over documents detailing what happened to a $50,000 life insurance settlement that was incorrectly awarded to his client.

The warrant was never placed on the state's Law Enforcement Information Network and was quickly recalled.

A Nov. 1 hearing will be held on the issue, which Cotton says was a misunderstanding.

Others have targeted Cotton's wife, Latoya, who was ordered to serve more than three years in federal prison and pay more than $1 million in restitution after pleading guilty to theft from a federally funded program in 2006.

Federal documents show she used her position with the Michigan State Housing Development Authority in Washtenaw County to divert more than $1 million in housing vouchers for her own use.

Glenn Cotton denied any involvement in the fraud, which began two years before the couple was married.

Cotton, Glenn.JPG
Glenn Cotton
File Photo
"No one is above the law," said Cotton, who moved to Flint a little over a year ago.

Despite the accusations, both Marable and Cotton say they have a number of qualities that should make them appeal to voters.

Marable touts his dedication to fairness and diligence, as well as his work fighting to keep dangerous felons off of the street, as reasons why Flint voters should elect him to his third term on the bench.

And, Marable is not without his supporters. A long list of area groups, including multiple labor unions such as the United Auto Workers and United Teachers of Flint as well as women's groups, have endorsed his re-election campaign.

"I'm very humbled and satisfied by the support I've received," said Marable. "I believe my support is broad-based."

Cotton, who serves on the boards for Big Brother's Big Sister's of Greater Flint and the North Flint Reinvestment Corporation, has been endorsed by the Genesee County Sheriff Deputy's Association.

"They know that I'm fair and I follow the law," Cotton said of the endorsement.

Cotton said he would use his experience practicing in courtrooms around the state to bring in new ideas to help the Flint District Court operate more smoothly and to properly administer justice while treating people with dignity and respect.
"A leader leads by example," said Cotton, adding that if elected he would spend his own time conducting judicial reviews to ensure that his orders and sentences are being properly completed.

crawford.jpg
William H. Crawford II
Courtesy
Crawford, who was appointed to the bench by Governor John Engler in 1997, has been endorsed by the UAW, United Teachers of Flint and multiple judicial, county and city political leaders.

"It shows I have widespread support," Crawford said of his endorsements. "I'm just fair. Everyone gets treated the same."

Crawford says declining revenue for the court has brought about many challenges, including the loss of the court's probation department and difficulties collecting fines and costs.

If re-elected, Crawford said he would continue to work with the city's youth to keep them from turning to a life of crime.

"I want to target our young folks to get them some job skills," Crawford said.

Bauer, a Flint attorney, has been endorsed by the Flint Firefighters Union and has a long list of community service activities, including serving as a board member for the Eastside Mission, working as the lead attorney for Attorneys for Indigent Mothers and having memberships in the League of Women Voters, NAACP and Flint Institute of Arts. Bauer, Jill mug.jpg
Jill Creech Bauer
Courtesy Making the Flint District Court operate more efficiently is also a goal for Bauer, who vows to treat people fairly while studying effective initiatives that have been employed by other courts.
"We don't have enough resources to lock everyone up," Bauer said.

One such initiative includes the creation of a literacy court program.

The program, Bauer said, would target non-violent offenders and help them obtain an education to free them from a life of crime.

"Education's the great equalizer," Bauer said.

Inside Michigan Politics editor/publisher Bill Ballenger said the campaign is also unusual due to the amount of people vying for the two available seats.

"It's not typical only in the sense that most incumbent judges are never even challenged," Ballenger said.

However, a large number of challengers doesn't guarantee that Flint will have new district court judges after the election.

"It's almost impossible to knock of an incumbent judge," Ballenger said.

Biographies of each candidate and their stance on issues facing the Flint District Court can be found on MLive's interactive online voter guide.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Grand Blanc View

810-664-0811
Front Page
18-03-01 / News

Print article Print
Five candidates seek Genesee County Circuit Court judgeships
By Timothy Mucciante Contributor
FLINT — Two vacancies on the Genesee County Circuit Court, are being sought by five local lawyers. Chris Christenson, Glenn Cotton, Tabitha Marsh, Richard McNally and Brian Pickell have announced nominating petition efforts to get on the August primary ballot.

Each candidate was asked to respond to two questions - what do you feel are your strongest qualifications to be a Circuit Court judge in this county and what would you say to a voter, who was backing one of your opponents, to change his or her mind and vote for you?

Chris Christenson

Christenson said that his experience is what sets him apart as a candidate. “My qualifications start with experience- because Judge of Genesee Circuit Court is not a job for a beginner. My eighteen years of legal experience have prepared me to serve as a first-rate judge the day I take the bench.”

To persuade a voter to switch candidates, Christenson said, “Some candidates have little experience. Others have little in the way of community activity or commitment. I’d ask any voter to look for both in a candidate, because only with a record of both service and legal knowledge can a judge do his or her job well.”

Glenn Cotton

Cotton also said his legal experience makes him the right choice for Circuit Court judge. “My strongest qualifications to be a Genesee County Circuit Court Judge are over twenty years of experience, knowledge of the law, and dedicated service to the people of Genesee County.”

When asked what he would say to swing someone’s vote to him, Cotton said, “I took an oath to uphold the United States and Michigan Constitutions. Like my great, great, great grandfather who fought in the Civil War, I, likewise, will fight to administer the law fairly and just to protect the rights of Genesee County residents.”

Tabitha Marsh

Marsh said one reason she is the right choice for Genesee County Circuit Court is her connection to the community. “I feel that I am the heartbeat of Genesee County and the average, normal citizen. When I am elected to the bench, the voters will have a Judge who has had experiences similar to many of them, “Marsh said, citing her wide array of professional and personal experiences.

Marsh went on to described what she would say to a voter committed to another candidate, “I would tell this individual that he/ she would be hard pressed to find another person that is as passionate about Justice as I am. I am so passionate about

Justice that I named my youngest child “Justice”.

Richard McNally

McNally cited his community roots as one reason why he should serve on the Genesee County bench. “I have lived in Genesee County for 60 years, and I have been a lawyer since 1979. In over 35 years of practice here in Genesee County, I have tried dozens of cases in Circuit Court. I have been recognized for professionalism and public service.”

He compared his experience to other candidates when asked how he would change a voter’s mind. “I ask you to compare my experience to the other candidates you are considering. How long have they practiced law? How much Circuit Court experience do they have? Who will best serve all our County?”

Brian Pickell

Pickell, son of Genesee County Sheriff Robert J. Pickell, said his community ties and experience best qualify him to be a Genesee County judge. “I’ve been a lawyer for over 20 years. Experience and firsthand knowledge are crucial for any judicial post, where every decision has far-reaching consequences for all involved.

To switch a voter from another candidate, Pickell said, “As an attorney, I’ve fought vigorously to protect rights of individuals from all walks of life, most recently with an emphasis upon the elderly, some of our most cherished loved ones. If elected as your next judge, I’ll work hard to protect rights of senior citizens and other vulnerable people in our community.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:20 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Grand Blanc View

810-664-0811

More candidates join Genesee County Circuit judge race

Marvin Jennings, Jr.
Marvin Jennings, Jr.
FLINT — Recently View Newspapers published profiles of the non-incumbent candidates for Genesee County Circuit Court who had declared their candidacy at the time of publication. Since then two additional candidates for the open circuit court seats have declared their candidacies and established campaign finance committees. The two additional candidates are Marvin Jennings Jr. and K.C. Baran.

These candidates were given the same two questions submitted to the other candidates which were (1) what do you feel are your strongest qualifications to be a Circuit Court judge in this county and (2) what would you say to a voter, who was backing one of your opponents, to change his or her mind and vote for you?

Marvin Jennings Jr.

Jennings feels his qualifications to be a judge are based on his previous experience. “I have many years of legal experience practicing in circuit courts throughout Michigan. I am fair minded, and I believe my experience practicing in different areas of law have prepared me to be able to make decisions in an impartial manner,” Jennings said.

K.C. Baran
K.C. Baran
Jennings community connection are the reason he thinks would change a voter’s mind in his favor. “Over the years, I have been active in various community outreach efforts through work with my father and pastor, Marvin Jennings, Sr. and my Grace Emmanuel Baptist Church family,” Jennings said. “Flint/ Genesee County has given much to me and my family, and I hope to have the opportunity to continue to serve and help our community from the bench, Jennings added.

K.C. Baran

Baran also feels his experience is the reason he is the best qualified for the Genesee County bench. “I have a broad experience in the law that I acquired over my seventeen years of practice, which gives me a unique ability to serve as Circuit Court judge in Genesee County. I practice in the areas of family law, criminal defense, bankruptcy, property, business, contracts, and many other areas of the law in civil litigation matters,” Baran said.

Baran said he thinks his background will win over a committed voter.

“I would ask that voter to consider not only my legal experience but also my commitment to integrity and history of service to the nation and my community. I am graduate of West Point and an Army veteran. I have a strong commitment to contributing to and serving my community,” Baran said.

The previous judicial candidate profile indicated that Flint attorney Tabitha Marsh is running for one of the two open seats. The Marsh campaign has indicated that Ms. Marsh is circulating their nominating petition specifically for the seat of incumbent Judge Celeste Bell. If Marsh does not win Judge Bell’s seat, she cannot win either of the open two seats, even if she garners the largest vote count. Judge Bell was appointed to the former seat of Judge Archie Hayman, who retired in December. Judge Hayman has formally endorsed Tabitha Marsh.

All nominating petitions are due to be filed on April 25.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:23 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Brian S. Pickell
Save

AVVO RATING No Concern
Troy, MI
Licensed for 20 years

About Brian
PRACTICE AREAS

Elder law: 50%

Intellctual proprty 50% (patents)
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:30 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

FLINT NEWS
Sheriff's son, longtime attorney declare bids for Genesee County circuit bench
Updated Jan 8, 2018; Posted Jan 8, 2018

Gallery: Brian Pickell announces plans to run for judge

By Oona Goodin-Smith ogoodins@mlive.com
GENESEE COUNTY, MI - The race for Genesee County's next judge is on.

With at least two longtime Circuit Court judges exceeding the state age limit to run for their seats in the November election, the county bench is bound to see some fresh faces this year - and local attorneys aren't wasting any time in staking their claims on the ballot.

On Monday, Jan. 8, attorney Brian Pickell - son of Genesee County Sheriff Robert J. Pickell - declared his run for the bench at a press conference at the Flint Township Police Station.

In a room filled with the county's legal who's who, Brian Pickell announced his bid for the 7th Circuit Judicial Bench, leaning on his twenty-plus years of law and experience in elder abuse litigation.

Brian Pickell announces run for Genesee County judge
"I've experienced several facets of the law, and have experience in the job, ready to hit the ground running on day one," Pickell said. "As an attorney, I've fought vigorously to protect individuals from all walks of life - most recently, the elderly, some of our most cherished loved ones ... If elected as your next judge, I will work hard to protect the rights of senior citizens and other vulnerable people in our community, dedicated to getting justice for seniors who have been victimized and protecting from predators who prey on their kindness. The elderly have given so much to us. Those who try to harm them will be dealt with harshly and swiftly."

Pickell, who said he's lived in Genesee County nearly all his life, comes to the campaign with 17 years of experience working in Oakland County in intellectual property law and 3 years in elder abuse and probate cases.

"I want to serve the community in a big, big way ... I have the judicial temperament for this job," Pickell said. "I'm compassionate, kind, I have patience, and I believe I can deal with those who come before me and can treat them with fairness and with respect."

Richard McNally
Another Genesee County lawyer -Richard McNally - has also thrown his hat in the ring for 7th Circuit judicial seat.

A nearly lifelong county resident with trial experience as a former assisting prosecuting attorney in Grayling and over 35 years of private practice dealing in Genesee Circuit Court cases, McNally said he will bring unrivaled experience and balance to the bench.

"I've been in private practice for over three decades, so I'm not beholden to any special interests," McNally said. "We've got a lot of challenges in Genesee County that will affect circuit court in years to come. The Flint water crisis litigation, for example, is going to affect a whole generation of kids, kids who have been permanently damaged neurologically ... I'm ready to help make the important decisions that will affect our county."

Pickell and McNally are some of the earliest public bids vying to fill the seats of longtime Genesee County Judges Geoffrey L. Neithercut and Judith R. Fullerton, who will be over age 69 by campaign season and thus barred from running for re-election, according to state law.

The law was recently challenged by another Genesee County Judge - Michael Theile - in federal court, arguing that the age restriction is outdated and unconstitutional. The lawsuit was dismissed based on previous Sixth Circuit and Supreme Court rulings.

"Why are we treating a man who is going to turn 70 -- why are we treating him differently? It's just unfair. It has to change."

Neithercut will leave his spot on the bench in November after 24 years as a county circuit judge and eight years on the district court bench.

Fullerton will step down after 36 years on the circuit bench and two years as district court judge.

All non-incumbent judicial candidates are required to file with the Secretary of State no later than Tuesday, April 24, per the state's website. Primary elections will be held on August 7, and the general election will be held on November 6.

Since December 2017, the seat of another longtime Genesee County Circuit Judge - Archie L. Hayman - has been vacated after the judge retired to go into private practice. Per the Michigan Constitution, Gov. Rick Snyder will appoint Hayman's replacement - an announcement which is still forthcoming, a Snyder spokesperson said.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:36 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Mediation.comStay out of court. Find a Mediation Attorney or Mediator.Learn about getting more clients.

FIND A MEDIATION ATTORNEY OR MEDIATORLEARN ABOUT MEDIATIONVIDEOSNEWS

Search...
Home » Intellectual Property » Michigan » Brian S. Pickell Claim Listing

Brian S. Pickell
Intellectual Property, Mediation
2075 West Big Beaver Road, Suite 600
Troy, Michigan 480843443

Areas Of Mediation
Intellectual Property

About Attorney
Admitted
1997, Michigan and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan; registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office

Law School
Detroit College of Law at Michigan State University, J.D., 1997

Law School Graduation Year

College
University of Michigan, B.A., 1993; Wayne State University, B.S., Physics, 1998

Memberships
State Bar of Michigan (Member, Intellectual Property Law Section); American Bar Association (Member, Intellectual Property Law Section); Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association.

Biographical
Member, Society of Physics Students, 1997-1998.

Military
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:41 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Michigan FlintBrian Pickell
Mr. Brian S. Pickell, Of Counsel
Admission Wrong Pickell?

Brian Pickell Lawyer
Brian S. Pickell update listing
General Practice

www.thomaselderlaw.com

Law Office:Michael E. Thomas PC
Flint Law Firms
Licensed:20 years

Profile LAWPOINTS™32/ 100

No Misconduct Found ✓
Upgrade to a premium listing
Update your listing
LAWYERID™ Not Available
Brian Pickell

Intellectual Property Patent Trademark Copyright Litigation

Update Date: 2017-04-30

Lawyer Badges

CHANGE HISTORY
Change Date Change Field Previous Content
2016-08-06 Phone 248-524-2300
2016-08-06 Firm Name Cantor Colburn, L.L.P.
2016-08-06 Address 201 W Big Beaver Rd Ste 1101 Troy MI 48084 US

Brian S. Pickell
5206 Gateway Ctr
Ste. 200
Flint, MI 48507

MAIN LOCATION
5206 Gateway Ctr
Ste. 200
Flint, MI 48507
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:48 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Brian Pickell - Associate Attorney - MICHAEL E. THOMAS, P.C. ...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-pickell-19759710a
Grand Blanc, Michigan - ‎Associate Attorney - ‎MICHAEL E. THOMAS, P.C.
View Brian Pickell’s full profile. ... I am an associate attorney currently working in elder law protecting rights of the elderly and disabled. ... My practice covers all facets of intellectual-property law and focuses on preparing and prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications ...
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:50 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

AVVO PRO
K. C. Baran
also known as K.C. Baran, P.C.
Save
5.0 stars 17 reviews
AVVO RATING 8.1
Fenton, MI
Licensed for 17 years

About K.
K.C. Baran, P.C. was established in 2003. K.C. Baran has been practicing law for over thirteen years. His areas of practice include, bankruptcy, estate planning, civil and criminal litigation, collections, contracts, employment law, and corporate practice. K.C. is a graduate of the United States Military Academy...
PRACTICE AREAS

Chapter 7 bankruptcy: 25%
Bankruptcy is a process through the federal courts where someone with substantial debts may find relief from their creditors. If you are receiving collection calls, facing repossession of an automobile or foreclosure on your home the shelter of bankruptcy may be helpful to you. We have experience in representing debtors and creditors in Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings before the trustee and in bankruptcy court.

18 years

Criminal defense: 25%
When you are accused of or charged with a crime, you need to know your rights to protect yourself. We have the ability to help you navigate through the legal process. We are capable of handling all types of civil infraction cases including traffic violations, misdemeanor cases including drunk driving and felony cases. We also assist clients with restoration of their driving privileges when their license has been revoked.

18 years

Litigation: 25%
When someone has wronged you by not paying a debt, breaching a contract, or injuring you, you have the right to bring a suit against them. Additionally, sometimes people get sued and need legal advice on what to do. Our firm has the ability to assist you will all civil litigation matters. We have significant experience in bringing lawsuits and defending against them as well.

18 years

Estate planning: 15%
Estate planning involves the development and implementation of a plan for a client's personal and financial affairs. The process may include preparation of a will, trust, powers of attorney, and other supporting documents. We can assist you by prepare wills, trusts, powers of attorney, powers of attorney for healthcare and other documents to assist clients in preparation of their estate planning goals.

18 years

Contact

508 W. Silver Lake Rd.
Fenton, MI, 48430

Office (810) 936-5748
Mobile (810) 936-5748
Fax (810) 885-1620
Website

http://www.kcbaranpc.com
Resume
LICENSE
State Status Acquired Updated
MI Active And In Good Standing 2000 05/13/2018
We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.
AVVO CONTRIBUTIONS
Legal answers 117
Legal guides 2

Reviews (17) 5.0 stars
5 Star
100%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%
Family Law
5.0 stars
Posted by Neil
March 10, 2018

Diligent Thoughtful Professional
Completely explained options and consequences helped our family make the choice that was in our best interest. He always responded to inquiries.

This review is from a person who hired this attorney. Hired attorney
K. C. Baran’s response: “Thank you! Glad I could help.”
USMC (Ret)
5.0 stars
Posted by Brad
March 9, 2018

Been attempting to contact a woman I was in short marriage with several years back. due to her desertion I was unable to find or even contact her in over 3 years!!! until contacting KC!!! He got on it and found the woman within a week. Served her and the divorce was over in less than 90 days. Action orientated, reasonable pricing and attention to detail. Have hired him as my family attorney. Will Be handling will’s and trust’s for me next week.

This review is from a person who hired this attorney. Hired attorney
K. C. Baran’s response: “It was a challenging case but we are glad that we could help you get the results you were looking for.”
See all reviews
Attorney endorsements (6)
John B. Elbert
John Elbert, Criminal defense Attorney on Mar 14, 2015
Relationship: Fellow lawyer in community

K.C. is an experienced, highly respected attorney who always represents his clients with the utmost of skill,knowledge and understanding.i can readily endorse him without hesitation or reservation.

Parvine P. Ghandchi-Boji
Parvine Ghandchi-Boji, Personal injury Attorney on Dec 5, 2014

I endorse this lawyer.

Francis M Ciardi
Francis Ciardi, Criminal defense Attorney on Aug 4, 2014

I endorse this lawyer.

Daniel Joseph Marchese
Daniel Marchese, Probate Attorney on Jul 24, 2014

I endorse this lawyer.

Thomas M. Hensel Jr.
Thomas Hensel, Bankruptcy and debt Attorney on Mar 20, 2014

I know K.C. through a mutual friend and colleague. He's very personable and knowledgeable in many areas of the law. I'd have no problem recommending his services to someone in need.

No photo
Patrick Mcgivney, Chapter 7 bankruptcy Attorney on Aug 10, 2010

I endorse this lawyer's work. Mr. Baran is a hard working attorney. His preparation is unsurpassed. Mr. Baran always puts his clients first.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This was an impressive AVVO profile for Baran. Many attorneys have no client reviews and peer endorsements. A 5 star of a 5 star rating is great.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:59 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: