FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Woodson and Kincaid against Concerned Pastors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Talk about putting alleged facts into evidence of Weaver's wrongdoing without any proof! These are wild interpretations. Weaver has been in office for about 9 months. Muhammad said she had allegedly been working on a bid for over a year. Yet no bid went out. Weaver put out the requests early in the year. Muhammed told the RAB she had expected the Republic extension to happen. The neglect or alleged contract steering appears to have happened under Walling's watch.
An uniformed electorate!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur Woodson
53 mins ·
Since the pastors wanted to call a press conference asking for Scott Kincaid to be recalled. Ask yourself this. Have you ever seen the pastors call a press conference to ask for the Governor recall? Remember the HUSH-HUSH FILTERS????
h
Tim Galbraith They want Kincaid to be recalled??? lol! What fools! Absolute, clueless morons.

Katie Sabin how can we get our mayor recalled I am already sick of this shit
L
Jeffrey S Fillmore #LongOverdue

Joshua Freeman I wonder if they realize this type of BS doesn't work in his Ward. They'll get some lackey to pull petitions and try to circulate. And should they actually get the signatures he'll trounce them at the polls like he has ever other time he's been on the ballot. And they'll look foolish again and lose even more influence in the City.

Steve Mintline Exactly, Josh. He's there as long as he wants to be, because his constituents want him to be there.

Steve Mintline The best part is, under the new recall laws, if they get the signatures he just runs in an open special general election against all other filed candidates. He'll win going away.

Beryl Gadson They must not have 501c3 !

Kevin Luster Seems to me city hall need some diversity I have a question how many of these pastors are black and how many are white look like some pastors wants the new 2017 that's coming out lol Help Me Jesus

Jan Berryman I smell a lot of corruption in this City Art no reason for Scott Kincaid to be recalled and if they think so because he questioned the whole bidding process on Rizzo's bid why should we not be questioning why the Pastors were even meeting with Rizzo in 2015 they should not even be involved.

Lyn Bailey Motter I live in the 9th Ward and am very happy with the job Scott Kincaid does. He cares about his constituents and stands up for what they believe.
Like ·

Arthur Woodson
1 hr ·
Let me give you all some news from the press conference. The pastors were asked did the ever meet with Rizzo in 2015? Pastor Flynn said yes, it was an informational meeting. I don't know what was said in this meeting, but it is mighty strange none of the community leaders are speaking out against Rizzo. The plot thickens now.

Arthur Woodson I don't think they know how deep this is by saying that at a press conference. That is crazy!!! I am at a lost for words.

Mike Gonzalez Wow

Jan Berryman Art why were they even discussing anything with RIZZO just wondering and your right the plot thickens.

William Hammond I doubt that anything was shared at that meeting regarding the bid for Flint's Trash hauling contract as the Mayor had not yet put it out for bid.

It does however indicate more direction towards competition for the Contract than what we knew before. The Mayor and her administration let the normal time for putting out an RFP prior to the expiration of an existing contract go by without putting out a bid request. So Republic put in for an extension of their contract and then the administration said, not so fast! We're going to look at options.

So clearly Rizzo was wanting to get in on the bidding long before the Mayor was working on it. They did the smart thing and hired a consultant - one who was very close w/the Mayor. So it now begs the question; Did Rizzo, through their consultant, actually even cause the Mayor to finally pay attention to the Trash contract?

Arthur Woodson William Hammond, they held it up for a reason. They knew they were going to give it to them. That is why they didn't let Kay Muhammad finish the process. This is a bunch of bull. I see what's wrong now. You are always trying to look at things the other way, even when there is evidence and facts out there. I could understand if paperwork and stuff wasn't out there, but it is. It's all good though. Everybody see things different.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:01 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

GFL Environmental Inc. Announces First U.S. Acquisition, B.C. Organics Acquisition, Completion of C$950M Senior Secured Credit Facilities, C$225M Equity Investment and Redemption of C$247M of Senior Unsecured Notes Due 2018

TORONTO, Oct. 3, 2016 /CNW/ - GFL Environmental Inc. ("GFL") announced today that on September 30, 2016, it completed its merger of Rizzo Environmental Services, Inc. and its subsidiary companies ("Rizzo Environmental" ) with a new U.S. subsidiary of GFL.

Headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan, Rizzo Environmental is a market leader in municipal, commercial and industrial solid waste collection and in commercial recycling processing and brokerage. Rizzo Environmental currently provides collection services to more than 40 municipalities in Southeastern Michigan. Its recycling operations, with 3 commercial recycling facilities, serve customers in lower Michigan and northern Ohio. The current management team of Rizzo Environmental, led by Chuck Rizzo, Jr. will remain with the company.

Patrick Dovigi, GFL's Founder and CEO said: "Rizzo Environmental has a loyal and growing customer base because of its market leading customer service and its committed management team led by Chuck Rizzo, Jr. who brings over 25 years of waste industry experience and relationships to GFL. Chuck and his management team share the same growth vision and commitment to safety as GFL. Rizzo Environmental is a natural fit, both geographically and culturally, for GFL's plans to grow the GFL brand into the United States. We expect Rizzo Environmental to serve as a foundation from which GFL can continue its growth strategy into the Midwestern U.S. through both acquisitions and organic growth. The customers and employees of Rizzo Environmental will see little change in the way that Rizzo Environmental has historically operated with its headquarters remaining in Sterling Heights."

Chuck Rizzo said: "I'm one of the investors who unanimously approved this transaction, and I'm grateful to retain and expand my equity share. What changes for Rizzo Environmental is our name and our capacity to grow. Our local leadership remains the same, as does our absolute commitment to our customers."

GFL also announced that it has completed the acquisition of Enviro-Smart Organics Ltd. and West Coast Lawns, a state of the art organics waste processing facility and turf farm in Delta, British Columbia. The Enviro-Smart acquisition confirms GFL's commitment to investing in leading edge environmental processes that can be applied and offered to our customers from other GFL facilities.

The acquisition was funded by C$950 million of Senior Secured Credit Facilities, consisting of a C$340 million Amended and Restated Revolving Credit Facility to replace the existing C$340 million senior secured credit facility and a new C$610 million Term Loan B Facility consisting of two tranches; a USD denominated tranche of US$370 million and a CAD denominated tranche of C$130 million. BMO Capital Markets acted as lead arranger and sole book runner on the Amended and Restated Revolving Credit Facility and Barclays, BMO Capital Markets, Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC and Macquarie Capital (USA) Inc. acted as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners for the Term Loan Facility.

Coincident with the Rizzo Environmental closing, existing investors including Macquarie Infrastructure Partners III, an infrastructure fund managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, a division of Macquarie Group (ASX: MQG; ADR: MQBKY), and HPS Investment Partners, LLC invested an additional C$225 Million in GFL Environmental Holdings Inc. ("Holdings"). Holdings used the investment proceeds to acquire shares of GFL.

A portion of the proceeds of the financing and equity transactions was used to redeem C$247M principal amount of 7.5% senior unsecured noted due 2018, being all of the outstanding notes, for a redemption price of 103.75% of the principal amount, plus accrued and unpaid interest on the outstanding principal, to October 3, 2016.

About GFL Environmental Inc.

GFL, headquartered in Toronto, ON, is a Canadian diversified environmental services company offering services in solid waste management, liquid waste management and soil remediation. Through its platform of operations in Canada and the U.S., GFL serves over 80,000 commercial, industrial and institutional customers, more than 2.5 million households under municipal collection contracts and has a workforce of more than 4,000 employees.

Forward-Looking Information

This news release may contain forward-looking information. Such forward-looking information is based on certain assumptions and analysis made by GFL in light of its experience and perception of current conditions and expected future developments as well as other factors it believes are appropriate in the circumstances. However, whether actual results, performance or achievements will conform to GFL's expectations and predictions is subject to market conditions and a number of known and unknown risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from GFL's expectations. We assume no obligation to update the information contained in this announcement.

SOURCE GFL Environmental

For further information: Patrick Dovigi, President and Chief Executive Officer, +1 416 673 9385, pdovigi@gflenv.com; Roslyn Samtleben, Chief Financial Officer, +1 416 673 9384, rsamtleben@gflenv.com
Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:21 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

republic services lawsuit

AllNewsMapsShoppingVideosMoreSearch tools
About 880,000 results (0.35 seconds)
Search Results
Lawsuit filed against Republic Services - Story | KLST and KSAN
www.conchovalleyhomepage.com/news/lawsuit-filed-against-republic-services
KLST
Several months after city council members instructed staffers to negotiate for a new trash collection contract with Republic Services, a class action lawsuit was filed in court today against Republic for breach of contract and fee overcharges. Attorneys are expected to ask city ...
Ex-manager wins $46 million judgment against Republic Services Inc ...
blog.cleveland.com/metro/.../brecksville_man_wins_46_millio.html
The Plain Dealer
Jul 3, 2008 - Ronald Luri, 55, accused Republic Services Inc. of retaliation and of ... file the wrongful termination and retaliation lawsuit until after Republic ...
UPDATED: Republic Services to appeal trash bid decision by city of ...
www.joplinglobe.com/...republic-services.../article_283b7a06-bbc8-...
The Joplin Globe
Jan 26, 2016 - Republic Services, which had provided residential trash pickup for 10 ... that Republic has not ruled out the possibility of filing a lawsuit over the ...
Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) : Articles :: Law360
https://www.law360.com/companies/republic-services-inc/articles
Law360
The latest litigation news involving the company Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG)
Trial delayed in Koster lawsuit over Bridgeton Landfill | Business ...
www.stltoday.com/...lawsuit.../article_6008f780-3026-53f1-9...
St. Louis Post‑Dispatch
Mar 4, 2016 - The lawsuit, filed in March 2013, leveled eight counts of violating Missouri environmental laws against landfill owner Republic Services.
Republic Services struggles to gain trust as it deals with landfill ...
www.stltoday.com/.../republic-services.../article_f65f141d-95f...
St. Louis Post‑Dispatch
Aug 31, 2014 - A pipe connects Republic Service's leachate treatment plant to the one of .... The company paid $6.8 million to settle a class-action lawsuit this ...
Milpitas: Tentative settlement reached in lawsuit over Newby Island ...
www.mercurynews.com/.../milpitas-tentative-settlement-reach...
San Jose Mercury News
Jan 6, 2016 - A class-action lawsuit that alleges noxious odors, dust and air ... Dubin said Republic Services and his law firm began negotiations last January ...
Republic Services California Wage and Hour Class Action I Allied ...
www.turleylawfirm.com/.../republic-services-california-wage-and-hour-class-action-i-...
Republic Services California Wage and Hour Class Action I Allied Waste California ... The lawsuit/ complaint is based upon real violations of California law.
Top 163 Complaints and Reviews about Republic Services - Waste ...
www.consumeraffairs.com › Homeowners › Utilities
Rating: 1.1 - ‎55 votes
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Republic Services? 598,052 ..... I will be filing a lawsuit against the City of Jacksonville and Republic Services.
Republic Services to settle $475K EEOC lawsuit - AZCentral.com
archive.azcentral.com/business/articles/2009/02/18/20090218biz-eeoc0218.html
Feb 18, 2009 - Republic Services, the Phoenix-based trash hauling, recycling and disposal company, will pay $475,000 to settle a sex-discrimination lawsuit ...
Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:19 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Just watched the Channel 12 report on the press conference today.

There was no threat of a recall as Woodson stated.

They did refer to Kincaid's comments as "playing plantation politics" and stated "our Mayor is not somebody's slave girl".

Pastor Herbert miller stated the Pastor's expected an apology from Scott kincaid. He demanded that Weaver be shown some respect and not be compared to a child who needs to be taught a lesson.

Kincaid refused to make a comment. I "respect the Concerned Pastors" said Kincaid as he indicated the council would be working through the process.

There is a cliffhanger though. The Concerned Pastors told Channel 12 that without an apology they would move to an undisclosed course of action.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:02 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

If I opposed the council:

A Political Action Committee could be formed without using the churches. In the next election a PAC could support candidates opposing current council members to a far greater amount than an individual could.

For Kincaid and Poplar, the Concerned Pastors could meet with leaders of the UAW and Region 1D to protest the actions of Kincaid. The UAW PAC has contributed large sums of money to both.

Oh to be a fly on the wall and know the undisclosed course of action!
Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:10 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Council member Scott Kincaid targeted by Concerned Pastors

By Randy Conat | Posted: Mon 6:56 PM, Oct 03, 2016 | Updated: Mon 7:04 PM, Oct 03, 2016

Flint (WJRT) (10/3/16) Concerned Pastors for Social Action want Flint City Council member Scott Kincaid to apologize. They are angry and want him to show Mayor Karen Weaver more respect.

Last Thursday in the Flint Journal Kincaid likened Weaver to a child that needed to be corrected. The Concerned Pastors took that as a racial insult.

"Mr. Kincaid is playing plantation politics. Our mayor is not some little slave girl, said Rev. Herbert Miller of Metropolitan Baptist Tabernacle.

"We will not have that Donald Trump mentality in the city of Flint," said Rev. Allen Overton.

The Concerned Pastors met at a news conference to blast Kincaid for his attitude. Kincaid said in the article Mayor Weaver was not a dictator and she needed to be taught how government works.

"His comments was that he would teach her like he would teach a child," said Miller.

"We want to let the community know that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. We will stand and support this mayor during the time," said Overton.

The Concerned Pastors are disappointed that the administration and council have locked horns over many issues and pleaded with them to compromise and move the city forward.

The comments by the Concerned Pastors come as Kincaid is meeting with the Weaver administration and a state-appointed mediator to try to hammer out an agreement as to who will provide trash pick up for the city, Rizzo Environmental or Republic.

"I respect the Concerned Pastors but we're working through this process. At the time as we continue to through the process I'm not going to make any response at all," said Kincaid.

The Concerned Pastors say if they don't hear an apology coming from Kincaid immediately, they have plans for a next step of action. But they wouldn't get more specific.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:16 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint pastors threaten recall after council tries to teach mayor a lesson

Two media reports and so very different. I find it unlikely that the Concerned Pastors would threaten a recall which could jeopardize their Churches when they have better options.

Jiquanda Johnson | jjohns16@mlive.com By Jiquanda Johnson | jjohns16@mlive.com

on October 03, 2016 at 4:51 PM, updated October 03, 2016 at 7:00 PM
FLINT TRASH

FLINT, MI – A group of local pastors say they may start recall efforts against Flint City Councilman Scott Kincaid for saying Mayor Karen Weaver needs to be taught a lesson.

The Concerned Pastors for Social Action held a press conference Monday, Oct. 3, at Flint City Hall demanding Kincaid apologize for comments made during last week's 5-3 vote to table three agenda items from Weaver's office.

The pastors, including some who have politically and financially backed Weaver throughout her campaign, say they may seek recall efforts if their demand isn't met.

Kincaid, who made the motion to table the items, said the move was made to "teach" Weaver a lesson about how government is ran.

"We cannot stand and allow council people to take personal jabs at the mayor," said Pastor Allen Overton, "We will not sit idle and allow this administration and this mayor to be disrespected. By any means necessary we will move forward to bring Flint back together."

The Concerned Pastors were referring to comments made about Weaver during the Sept. 26 meeting where Kincaid used the word "child" when referring to teaching the Mayor a lesson.

"She's one individual that's been elected by this community ... but on this waste collection contract and other issues, Weaver seems to think like she's an emergency manager," Kincaid said during the meeting. "The only way to teach her how government works is to show her ... It's like a young child if you don't correct them the first time they will continue to do what they are doing and it will continue to get worse."

Flint City Council and Weaver's office have been at odds since June over the city's controversial trash contract. The issue has now been taken to both the Genesee Circuit Court and the Michigan Court of Appeals.

"Right now, we are asking Mr. Kincaid to take back what he said and apologize to the mayor," Overton said. "If he does not do that we will come together and make our next move."

Kincaid, who was in a meeting at the time of the press conference with Weaver's administration, other council members and an arbitrator regarding the trash dispute at the Genesee Circuit Court building could not be reached for comment.

Kincaid is spearheading a lawsuit initially filed in August over the city's controversial trash contract. He and seven other members are involved in the lawsuit. Eric Mays is the only council member in opposition with the lawsuit and Kincaid.

Weaver's office maintains that the city switching to Rizzo Environmental Services would save $2 million for residents over a five-year period, but council members against hiring the company say they are questioning Rizzo's integrity and the company's connections to Canada and former Mayor Woodrow Stanley.

Stanley serves as consultant for Rizzo.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:39 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Journal got it wrong!

I just spoke to AC Dumas who was at the press conference. He asked the question of what the Concerned Pastors would do if Kincaid would not apologize. The response was they would consider another action.

Did Woodson contact this Journal reporter as well as Dave Bondy. She should stick to what was actually said.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:37 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

gandalph 45 minutes ago
I agree with them Karen Weasel needs to be recalled she is a total moron with no respect for the American consitution. Her veto was over ridden she lost. She needs to suck

It up and be taught a lesson lick her hiney and put her tail between her legs and head back to the ghetto. If the people of flint want the city to come back they need to step up and do things for the city. These so called men of god and I use that term loosely then by all means go for it and recall weasel, that's what they suggesting and wanting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only a sample of the remarks in the M-Live comment section of the story they printed stating the Pastors called for a recall.This story was inflammatory and untrue. There is a video on the facebook site of AC Dumas.

Nor is this the first time the Journal has deliberately slanted the news.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:06 pm 
BillPayer
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
You have some erroneous assumptions.
The Concerned Pastors are multi racial as is the Flint City Council.
Woodson is AA but some of his followers are white.

Look at the title: Woodson's comments are directly against the Mayor and his battle with the Concerned Pastors. The Pastors will not be intimidated by him.
The Pastors show is on an AA Religious Radio Station, but white christians listen to the show.
Many Pastors attend the council meetings. The meetings are on Comcast 17 on Sundays at noon. It was Kincaid's demeanor and the way he criticized an AA female mayor of being child like and needing his discipline that angered AA viewers.
People criticized Genesee County Chairman Jamie Curtis for calling Michelle Wildman a "little girl" and labeled him a misogynist. he lost the election.

People have "freedom of Speech", however, that freedom can be limited when you are speaking from a political forum. John Carpenter successfully sued Jackie Poplar over her comments and Craig hatch sued some council.

Haters will hate! I read your comments on M-Live and you sided with Alex Harris, one angry man. He railed against Williamson, Trachelle Young, Mayoral appointees and now the Weaver administration. The Flint history by Harris may also be biased.

I was under no assumption that the pastors were all black, but my point still stands that they are the side of the debate bring up race. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been hearing race motivated speech which was pro-weaver/anti-opposition before that one comment by Kincaid?

As for my hostility, siding with Alex Harris, or other overall ignorance I must just say I'm new to caring about Flint politics or politics in general. I'm trying to pin things down and figure out what I believe yet. So far, I do have a feeling that mayor weaver may be overcompensating for the AA community, and I do believe she is way out of bounds on this trash debate. Do I side with Alex? Maybe.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:05 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Arthur Woodson
1 hr ·
Let me give you all some news from the press conference. The pastors were asked did the ever meet with Rizzo in 2015? Pastor Flynn said yes, it was an informational meeting. I don't know what was said in this meeting, but it is mighty strange none of the community leaders are speaking out against Rizzo. The plot thickens now.

Muhammad was big on involving the public. An informational meeting with all potential bidders could have been on her agenda. Bidders are usually asked to address issues.

Once again Woodson has drawn a conclusion with no proof. Did anyone ask where the informational meeting was held or under what circumstances?

Republic sent representtives to block clubs and more.
Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:31 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

AC Dumas and Leroy Jackson shared a link.

A group of local pastors say they may start recall efforts against Flint City…
MLIVE.COM|BY J NICOLE JOHNSON

AC Dumas
5 hrs ·
Connect with MLive.com
·
FACT: The Pastors didn't talk about recall, a citizen brought up the recall issue! FACT: Kincaid was in Farah's chambers along with President Kerry Nelson and NOT "Council MEMBERS"! Where does MLive get its information from?
Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Usually only leadership attends meetings. More than four and you are violating the open meetings act. Therefore all council could not be in the meeting unless it was open to the public.
Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:53 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
BillPayer schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
You have some erroneous assumptions.
The Concerned Pastors are multi racial as is the Flint City Council.
Woodson is AA but some of his followers are white.

Look at the title: Woodson's comments are directly against the Mayor and his battle with the Concerned Pastors. The Pastors will not be intimidated by him.
The Pastors show is on an AA Religious Radio Station, but white christians listen to the show.
Many Pastors attend the council meetings. The meetings are on Comcast 17 on Sundays at noon. It was Kincaid's demeanor and the way he criticized an AA female mayor of being child like and needing his discipline that angered AA viewers.
People criticized Genesee County Chairman Jamie Curtis for calling Michelle Wildman a "little girl" and labeled him a misogynist. he lost the election.

People have "freedom of Speech", however, that freedom can be limited when you are speaking from a political forum. John Carpenter successfully sued Jackie Poplar over her comments and Craig hatch sued some council.

Haters will hate! I read your comments on M-Live and you sided with Alex Harris, one angry man. He railed against Williamson, Trachelle Young, Mayoral appointees and now the Weaver administration. The Flint history by Harris may also be biased.

I was under no assumption that the pastors were all black, but my point still stands that they are the side of the debate bring up race. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been hearing race motivated speech which was pro-weaver/anti-opposition before that one comment by Kincaid?

As for my hostility, siding with Alex Harris, or other overall ignorance I must just say I'm new to caring about Flint politics or politics in general. I'm trying to pin things down and figure out what I believe yet. So far, I do have a feeling that mayor weaver may be overcompensating for the AA community, and I do believe she is way out of bounds on this trash debate. Do I side with Alex? Maybe.

Bill Payer- The Concerned Pastors were created to deal with societal inequity and racial injustice. They stand up for all issues that are unjust. Read Andrew Highsmith's "Demolition Means Progress". It is an eye opening historical discussion of how Mott and his cronies, as well as FHA, HUD, and State government created a cesspool of racial inequality that has led to today;s racial problems in Flint. Baltimore, Md. is very similar to Flint in many aspects and has had numerous race based lawsuits because of it.

Flint has grown complacent and forgotten it's roots of strong leaders fighting for equality and justice. Now every time an organization points out the issues they are accused of racism. There is a difference between asking for civility and fairness in the political system.
Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:03 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Any ordinary citizen should have seen this coming as many council members made comments after the election of Weaver that could be interpreted as they were "gunning for her". The Walling administration, as well as the Emergency Managers, made many grievous errors. When Andy Dillon made his report to the State, he reported how Walling was balancing the city budget by raiding the water fund, sewer fund and others.

Council received a monthly budget to actual report. Kincaid, with his experience in budgets, had to have realized this. But he never went to court against Walling. They held expensive hearings which were in many ways nonproductive and never produced any viable solutions.

Look at downtown Flint, trying to be an "Uptown" community. There are signs indicating office vacancies. In communications with people knowledgeable about HUD rules, the EM use of taxpayer money to demolish the Genesee Towers was illegal. During the Master Planning meeting, suggestions for downsizing were rejected because they had already been decided.

You mentioned North Flint and the Weaver administration. Imagine the chagrin block clubs felt when the City Planners told them the North End would not be considered for rehabilitation for 20 to 30 years. The Master Plan was not designed to last that long. Obviously the North End was being left out AGAIN. Of course there is going to be feelings of anger, resentment, and being discriminated against.
Look at Flint's racist history and know that it is continuing.
Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:22 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: