FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: State gets F in ethics & integrity-county follows lead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The City was just out of an Emergency manager and council tries to increase spending. In other stories, they usurped the attorney offices and library, trying to move her into the mayor's offices.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007: Flint Council dips into savings to set budget, by Marjory Raymer.
In a 5-4 vote, the Flint City Council passed a budget Monday for next year with $2 million more in general fund expenditures than proposed by Mayor Don Williamson. The mayor has one week to review and veto the budget, if he so chooses. It would take two-thirds of the City Council - six votes - to override his veto.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:30 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk
Steve included a video of Bill Ayres speaking to council and appealing to them to consider the risks.

Topic: City Council is Risking losing Millions in grant monies

Steve Myers
Site Admin

Flint City Council Spacial Affairs Meeting July 23, 2007

Grants at risk to be lost:
MSHDA Cities of Promise
5 MDOT Road Projects
3 Avenue Enhancement
Kearsley Steetscape

Link

Call these people and remind them they work for the people of the City of Flint!

City Council Members
Darryl Buchanan -1st Ward
Council President

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48504
810-766-7418
dbuchanan@cityofflint.com

Jackie Foster Poplar- 2nd Ward

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48504
810-766-7418
jpoplar@cityofflint.com

Kerry Nelson - 3rd Ward
Chairperson - Governmental Operations

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48505
810-766-7155
knelson@cityofflint.com

Sandy Hill - 4th Ward
Vice Chairperson - Finance Committee

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48506
810-766-7418
shill@cityofflint.com

Carolyn Sims - 5th Ward
Vice Chairperson, Governmental Operations
Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, Mi 48503
810-766-7418
csims@cityofflint.com

Sheldon Neeley- 6th Ward
Council Vice President

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, Mi 48504
810-766-7418
sneeley@cityofflint.com

Jim Ananich - 7th Ward
Chairperson - Finance Committee

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, Mi 48503
810-766-7418
jananich@cityofflint.com

Ehren Gonzales - 8th Ward
Chairperson - Legislative Committee
City Hall
Room 310
Flint, Mi 48504
810-766-7418
egonzales@cityofflint.com

Scott Kincaid - 9th Ward

349 Bede
Flint, MI 48507
810-742-4375
skincaid@cityofflint.com

The Council Secretary at 810-766-3154
Next Council Meeting August 13, 2007

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:11 pm

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Forget about emailing Carolyn or Jackie. They "don't have anything to do with computers".

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:39 am

Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Not at risk yet! It will be in two weeks.

Well Why should they approve it? You'll only turn around and give Don Williamson credit for getting it done?

Hmm Don't you think they had just as much to do with the roads getting paved or the houses getting torn down as the DON did?

Here now your claiming that they are about loose money for Roads and Bridges. I thought the Don did all that?? Are you now telling me that DON didn't do all that? That City council had something to do with it also? Hmmm I'm really confused now!

Hey did anyone notcie all the council members missing?

Sarcasim aside. I do agree that they need to approve this stuff. If Bill is telling the truth. That it isn't costing the City anything.

Post Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:35 pm

Steve Myers
Site Admin

The Bob Leonard Show 24July 2007

quote:
We’re talking about millions and millions of dollars in grants that are there for us, that we pay taxes on through the federal government, the state government, what have you.

No money coming out of the general fund for any of this. It’s a gift. And the Mott Foundation is making a gift. The feds and the state government are making gifts. So there’s millions of dollars.
But the resolutions have to be passed by the city council and what do we hear from Scott Kincaid? He’s a friend of mine, and I like him, but he says, ‘Hey, we’re not going to vote for any resolution for any of this money – millions and millions of dollars – until the Mayor gives in on the budget and whether he’s right on the budget or we’re right on the budget. It has nothing to do with the budget! This is extortion.

The Mayor takes a position –he’s right on the budget. The council says they’re right on it. It’s a legitimate issue. So trying to coerce someone by saying we’re not going to take millions and millions of dollars that will help our people – it’s ridiculous. Now you send it to the affairs committee – and it was turned down just this week. Turned down! I mean, and it won’t come up again for 30 more days. This money can be lost in that time. What are these people thinking of?

I can understand why Kincaid is upset with the mayor. He says he and the mayor got into it and he says the Mayor said some things I don’t think he should have said but, hey, don’t let that personal animosity directly impact the quality of life for our citizens! Demolishing and run down houses and drug dens.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 pm

00SL2
F L I N T O I D

SCOTT KINCAID: ‘Hey, we’re not going to vote for any resolution for any of this money – millions and millions of dollars – until the Mayor gives in on the budget and whether he’s right on the budget or we’re right on the budget."

Was this grant money projected as income in the budget?

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:53 pm
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:39 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Burton Council thinks their charter should be followed

Adam
F L I N T O I D

Unlike the city of Flint apparently Burton's city council believes their mayor should have to follow the charter.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-46/119133484069340.xml&coll=5

BURTON - City Council members voted Monday to pursue charges of charter violations against Mayor Charles Smiley.

Councilman Jeff Major led the way, proposing a series of resolutions, including asking a special prosecutor to look into pressing criminal charter violation charges against Smiley for giving an employee an unauthorized raise and for awarding an architectural contract to a firm without going through the council.

"(Smiley) must be held accountable," Major said.

Smiley could not be reached for comment.
.....................................................................................................
Although these could be "minor" and/or "petty" charges but it is nice that our neighboring council feels their charter should be followed. Personally I do think Flint could find it beneficial to have a master plan, economic developement plan, crime reduction plan and official police chief. I think it would also be beneficial to either enforce or repeal our dozens or hundreds of city ordinances
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:43 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Sisters United - for WALLING

*Note: Sisters United was a 401(C) 4 and yet they actively participated in politics with Walling (even a tv show) and Ed Taylor (campaign literature in their Sisters United coats on election day). They also came to council in their group attire to intimidate those who criticized Jackie Poplar. Violations of laws.

FlintCat
F L I N T O I D

I believe this article was not posted on Flint Talk.

Endorsement marks start of fight for black votes
Posted by Marjory Raymer | The Flint Journal September 17, 2007 11:49AM
Categories: Breaking News, Endorsements, Walling, Dayne
A group of African-American woman announced their support of mayoral challenger Dayne Walling today -- the start of crucial battle for candidates to win votes from the black community.

Sisters United made its endorsement at 10 a.m. today in front of City Hall. Co-chairwoman Donna Poplar called it "diversity in action."

Winning votes in the black community is key to the Nov. 6 election. Flint is a majority-black city, but both Walling and incumbent Mayor Don Williamson are white.

"Walling exemplifies integrity, credibility, leadership, commitment and other valuable leadership skills and attributes that we feel are essential for the betterment of Flint government," Sisters United founder Denise Smith Allen said.

Williamson has his own network of support in the black community. He has the backing of key church leaders and won historic support from the black community when he was elected in 2003.

Smith Allen said Walling was able to convince her during a three-hour interview that she could be comfortable with him representing her best interests.

The grassroots organization plans to go door-to-door in the black community to educate voters, Smith Allen said. The group includes staunch critics of Williamson, including Poplar and City Council woman Carolyn Sims.

"We have a shared commitment to diversity and a representative administration," Walling said. "This is the beginning of a great coalition of people coming together."

After the primary -- in which none of the four black candidates made it through to the general election -- Poplar said the city has "too many sell-out black folks" who back Williamson.

She said today she still believes the black community needs to do a better job of fighting oppression and backing its own, but that she and others are now "boldly supporting this white man."

"I stand with him because he's qualified," Poplar said.

When asked by a reporter why not Williamson, Smith Allen replied: "How much time do you have?"

When the laughter subsided, Smith Allen said Williamson takes credit for things that would have happened regardless of who was mayor and that she is tired of the way Williamson is running the city.

"We are very tired of a bully administration," Smith Allen said.
[/i]

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:27 pm

last time here

with all due regards and respect. ms.poplar is radioactive.
most mature black folks are tired of ANY rhetoric that could
be construed as inciteful. Embarassed Crying or Very sad Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:21 pm
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: flint city council....
*Note- many are critical of all of the media and their perceived bias towards the downtown groups and their candidates.

last time here

does anyone know if city council has signed off on the budget so the
audit can begin or are they (5 members) still holding out solely to
embarrass the mayor and my city??? ananich is my councilperson and
if this is indeed true, it'll be time to write a letter.. Cool Mad Mad Mad Mad Shocked

Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:04 am

terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
does anyone know if city council has signed off on the budget so the
audit can begin or are they (5 members) still holding out solely to
embarrass the mayor and my city??? ananich is my councilperson and
if this is indeed true, it'll be time to write a letter.. Cool Mad Mad Mad Mad Shocked

Good Morning Flint!
11/15/07
by Terry Bankert
First posted to FlintTalk
http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=18392#18392

The City Council has only legislative power and budget setting power. By holding up the budget the council may in effect be violating the charter and interfering with the executive function. Of course this mess started before she was council president. With Carolyn Sims in power possibly her leadership will straighten out this mess. This will be her first test.

CHARTER OF THE CITY OF FLINT: 7-102 ...the city council shall no later than the first Monday in June, adopt the budget with or without amendment.....

The Flint Journal editorial was intended to embarrass the mayor.

Their man did not get elected so here it starts.

The Sims council has yet to meet, the new council president barley has had any time to show her ability to do her job and work with the administration with credibility.

Don’t be confused as of this moment it’s the Flint Journal looking to demean the mayor and to say they were right their man should have been elected.

The ball is in Sims court. As to the 7th Ward Council person he is the finance committee chair lets see his stuff. This issue should be settled at the next Flint City Council meeting.

Ananich should become the swing vote allowing this city to move forward. I live in the 7th ward I’ll be watching also.

But, We should all be watching how this local newspaper tries to start fights between the mayor and council.

The Journal titled their editorial”Wrong way” I guess they think the only way is their way.

Then they say Impass won't help pave downtown, Flint's future. How can there be an impass? The mayor just got re-elected and the council just got effective leadership.

Look at their anti -Williamson propaganda at
http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1195138322259250.xml&coll=5#continue

FIRST EDITION, Thursday, November 15, 2007 ,By Journal Editorial Board cited as [FJ11/14/07]

Well, that didn't take long. [FJ11/14/07]

What did not take long, the Journal attacking the Mayor?

Its been less than a week since the swearing in of the 2nd Williamson term. Carolyn Sims the new, highly talented, council president has yet to have a meeting with a reorganized council.

What did not take long is for the Flint Journal to attack and undermine the government of the City of Flint to sell a few newspapers.

Just a day after reports of Flint Mayor Don Williamson and members of the City Council reaching across the divide between them, news arrives of an important downtown development imperiled by the two sides' inability to work together. [FJ11/14/07]

The news arrived at the Flint Journal by somebody with an agenda to discredit , probably somebody in in the Flint Journal, and with the intent to keep old wounds open.

At stake is a $1.6-million state grant to convert one-way streets downtown to two-way traffic. The council has rejected it once - refusing to approve spending while it insists, blaming the mayor, that there is no budget in place. It will take up the matter again Nov. 26, but perhaps more as a political negotiation tool with the mayor than a needed windfall for the center city. [FJ11/14/07]

The only thing they got correct is that the first opportunity to act by the new council president and her 7th ward finance chair is 11/26/07. The Flint Journals approach is to salt old wounds.

Thats not responsible community leadership.

Downtown Flint arguably has more going for it now than at any time in recent history: new housing, new streetscapes and facades, new offices under construction for Rowe Inc. and WNEM (Channel 5), and - permit us a leap - an end in sight for the crumbling hulk of Genesee Towers. [FJ11/14/07]

The Williamson administration should be credited for its role in these great initiatives. They , The Flint Journal,missed that.

But people don't like one-way streets, and many will stay away from downtown as long as looks to them like an unfriendly labyrinth. It's been decades since traffic flow required so many one-way routes, and change is due. [FJ11/14/07]

I love one way streets. Two way would be a mess.

Overdue, really. Some say the city can just reapply for the grant next year, but that kind of thinking gets us nowhere. [FJ11/14/07]

Who are the “some” you quote Riha, Dearing or was it Foren, strike that I like Foren,... Heller?

So this is a test for Flint's elected representatives: What matters more, waging an internal power struggle, or improving downtown's prospects for revival? [FJ11/14/07]

It couldn't be easier to say "yes" to money here for the taking. Would it be too obvious to say success will be a two-way street? [FJ11/14/07]

There is no free lunch, there are always strings attached, success for this city is measured by what the citizens want ,not the small journal editorial board.

The new council president Carolyn Sims should be allowed to show her stuff.

Posted here by
Terry Bankert
attorneybankert@yahoo.com

Last edited by terrybankert on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:46 am
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:00 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

: State takes over audit of Flint city finances
c

00SL2
F L I N T O I D

State takes over audit of Flint city finances
Posted by Marjory Raymer | The Flint Journal November 20, 2007 19:30PM

FLINT -- The state Treasury Department usurped Flint City Council authority Tuesday to ensure the city's finances get checked over as required by law.

Under the City Charter, the City Council has sole authority over the city's annual audit, the start of which has been delayed because of the ongoing budget dispute between City Council and Mayor Don Williamson.

The administration appealed to the state two weeks ago and filed a lawsuit against City Council to try to force the audit, City Attorney Trachelle Young said.

The Treasury Department stepped in Tuesday.

Deputy State Treasurer Thomas F. Saxton, in a fax sent to Williamson Tuesday, hired an auditor -- even without Council approval. He cited a state law giving the Treasury Department authority to do so.

The city still will be billed for the audit. Saxton hired the city's traditional auditing firm, Plante & Moran.

"I don't think it's the best way to do things. I hope it doesn't happen in the future," said City Councilman Jim Ananich, chairman of the Finance Committee. "We need to work these things out."

Ananich said he plans to not focus on the state intrusion into city business because he is focused now on rebuilding a working relationship between Council and the administration. He said he and Williamson have met and plan to continue to meet to work out differences.

The audit is of the city's finances for the fiscal year that ended June 30 and is due Dec. 31.

"It is evident that each day the City fails to engage a certified public accounting firm increases the likelihood that the city will not be able to timely file its audit," Saxton wrote.

A majority of the City Council maintains that the current operating budget is at least partially invalid because they believe it was adopted improperly.

The Council has steadfastly refused virtually all spending -- including the $115,000 set aside for the annual audit -- to try to pressure Williamson to negotiate several items.

Source: http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/11/state_takes_over_audit_of_flin.html

Sorry, Terry, this deserves its own thread.

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:14 pm

00SL2
F L I N T O I D

This is one time I'm glad to see the State step in--to initiate the audit for fiscal year ending June 30, 2007. It is totally irresponsible for certain members of City Council to refuse to issue the letter requesting the auditors commence the audit so it can be completed by the December 31, 2007 due date.

There should be a law to provide for the automatic removal of an elected council person from office for refusing to take action such as the five council members have done in this case. Their repeated refusal is on video tape of council meetings.

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:38 pm

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Unfortunately, it sounds like business as usual. Council accuses the Mayor of all sorts of things, but doesn't seem to mind violating the Charter & State law themselves.

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:27 am

last time here

clowns will be clowns...........

i predict recalls if this foolishness does'nt stop. Mad

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:31 pm

necroped
F L I N T O I D

quote:

"I don't think it's the best way to do things. I hope it doesn't happen in the future," said City Councilman Jim Ananich, chairman of the Finance Committee. "We need to work these things out."

That's interesting. Wasn't it Ananich who told CC, "If you want to write the letter [requesting an audit] go ahead but I'm not going to sign it."? ... Bob Leonard has a replay on his November 13 show.

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:52 pm

last time here

ha ha ha yup, i just saw it again on bob's show!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:06 pm

necroped
F L I N T O I D

I'm sure Ananich likes that title "Chairman of the Finance Committee" but it's obvious Neeley and Kincaid keep him on a very short leash.

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:48 pm

last time here

i think kincaid keeps them BOTH on a short leash!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:56 pm
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:13 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Ombudsman calls for censure of Sims

FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Ombudsman calls for censure of Sims
Posted by Ken Palmer | The Flint Journal January 04, 2008 22:11PM
Categories: Flint
FLINT -- City Ombudsman Brenda L. Purifoy says Council President Carolyn Sims should be censured for violating election rules during the 2005 Council election campaign and for disregarding the City Charter during the ombudsman's investigation.

In a report released Friday, Purifoy said she substantiated a complaint by election challenger Bennie Spence that a member of Sims' campaign staff mishandled absentee voter applications.

One of the applications belonged to a woman who ultimately was denied the right to vote, Purifoy said in the report.

The ombudsman recommended her findings be forwarded to the City Clerk's Office, the Flint Election Committee Commission and the state elections bureau "for full investigation of this matter and to take appropriate legal action against those involved.

"Additionally, Councilwoman Carolyn Sims should be censured for her actions and those of her campaign staff in violating the law, violating the City Charter, her lack of respect for the City Charter and for the resultant denial of a citizen's right to vote," Purifoy said.

Sims said she hadn't read the findings in detail but called Purifoy's conclusions "absurd."

Various other agencies, including the city and county clerk's offices and the state police, already have examined the allegations, she said.

"I would hope ... she referred it to the proper agency and let them deal with it," said Sims, who represents the 5th Ward.

Sims declined to respond to the specific findings in the report.

"I did not take time to read it," she said. "Let's see the voters of this city make their own determination."

Spence alleged that a member of Sims' campaign staff, John Bates Jr., solicited and improperly collected 25 to 30 absentee ballot applications at the River Village senior citizen complex. He also said some residents never received their applications.

Smith's complaint was first sent to the Genesee County Clerk's Office in early 2006 and forwarded to the county prosecutor's office and the sheriff's department, which conducted interviews, the report said.

He forwarded his complaint to the ombudsman's office in November.

One voter who received an absentee voter application from Bates never received an absentee ballot after indicating she was not a Sims supporter, the ombudsman said.

The woman claimed she tried to vote at her polling place but was turned away because she had applied for an absentee ballot.

Sims is responsible for violations made by their campaign workers, Purifoy said.

She also said Sims refused to cooperate with her investigation and improperly disclosed confidential information from the investigation during a public meeting.

"Councilwoman Sims did not cooperate, thereby depriving the citizens ... (of) information they have a right to know and furthering the appearance of questionable activity during her campaign," Purifoy said.

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/01/ombudsman_calls_for_censure_of.html

ok...so when has any Flint politician cared about the law or the City Charter (unless, of course, it benefited them).

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:37 am
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:20 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

http://www.thelandbank.org/Landuseconf/Reimagining_Chevy_in_the_Hole.pdf
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:29 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Tim Herman, Uptown Reinvestments and the Truth....

Should Tim Herman Resign?

WhatsUpDowntown
F L I N T O I D

Should Tim Herman be permitted to profit from both the GRCC and Uptown?

Collusion and Conflict of Interest:

Collusion is an agreement, usually secretive, which occurs between two or more persons to deceive, mislead, or defraud others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically involving fraud or gaining an unfair advantage. It can involve "wage fixing, kickbacks, or misrepresenting the independence of the relationship between the colluding parties."

More generally, conflict of interests can be defined as any situation in which an individual or corporation (either private or governmental) is in a position to exploit a professional or official capacity in some way for their personal or corporate benefit.

Depending upon the law or rules related to a particular organization, the existence of a conflict of interest may not, in and of itself, be evidence of wrongdoing. In fact, for many professionals, it is virtually impossible to avoid having conflicts of interest from time to time. A conflict of interests can, however, become a legal matter for example when an individual tries (and/or succeeds in) influencing the outcome of a decision, for personal benefit. A director or executive of a corporation will be subject to legal liability if a conflict of interests breaches his Duty of Loyalty.

There often is confusion over these two situations. Someone accused of a conflict of interest may deny that a conflict exists because he/she did not act improperly. In fact, a conflict of interests can exist even if there are no improper acts as a result of it. (One way to understand this is to use the term "conflict of roles". A person with two roles—an individual who owns stock and is also a government official, for example—may experience situations where those two roles conflict. The conflict can be mitigated—see below—but it still exists. In and of itself, having two roles is not illegal, but the differing roles will certainly provide an incentive for improper acts in some circumstances.)

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:44 pm

WhatsUpDowntown
F L I N T O I D

Uptown, the GRCC and their buddys are removing the chance for any private ownership of downtown property.

They would love for business to come downtown, as long as they get the credit and the business becomes their tenant.

LANDLORDS! LANDLORDS! LANDLORDS!

Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:59 am

Adam
F L I N T O I D

Whats Up, This is Michigan not Texas! Maybe Uptown and Timmy can start a film company and really cash in. A good percentage of Michigan businesses move to other states so they don't have to pay for stuff like this.

On a more somber note just think about what all these millions could have done for the rest of Flint.

Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:55 am

WhatsUpDowntown
F L I N T O I D

Very true Adam.

Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:49 pm
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:45 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Flints Neighborhood Stabilization plan HUD

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

I notice Greater Eastside is no longer an spproved HUD counseling organization. Surprising info for for-profits.

http://www.cityofflint.com/DCED/pdf/NSP_Q_A.pdf - - Cached

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

thanks for passing that along Untanglingwebs!
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: crawleys condos

*The city gave Crawley HUD money twice for this project despite a long running lawsuit after the first loan. That lawsuit alleged fraud on behalf of Citizens Bank officials. A bridge loan requested by the city (Director Alexander Thomas under Mayor Stanley)to the Flint Area Investment fund was rejected because Crawley had never repaid a loan to CCDC, who managed the fund. The 108 loan resulted in Flint being sued again and Flint is repaying the 108 loan. The records contained a Crawley complaint that the initial advisor from New York asked Crawley if he was setting up accounts in the Cayman Islands

Author Post Post new topic Reply to topic

back again
F L I N T O I D

did they ever get finished?
has anyone ever been inside?
are the condos nice and roomy?

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:36 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

No they were not finished.
The county approved Kildees bid to purchase them an d finish them. Never happened.
2 different versions about what happpened:
1. Kildee thought they had a deal until the end and Crowley wanted more money.
2. The Land Bank thought they were going to get the property for basically back taxes, but Crowley paid them and he wants full value.

This is the second time federal money has been poured into this property. The first time ended with a lawsuit between Crowley and Citizen's Bank.
Crowley owes the Flint Area Investment Fund for a loan he defaulted on.

The 108 Loan specialist from New York angered Crowley when he asked him if he had a bank account in the Cayman Islands and Crowley filed a omplaint with the city. It seems the specialist did not like the idea of Crawley having an office in the building and being the developer, contractor, and sales agent. HUD agreed with the specialist and gave the city findings.

So far the City of Flint is making the 108 loan payments. The Land Bank would have paid off the loan.

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:57 pm

back again
F L I N T O I D

cayman islands?????? Shocked
crawley got it like that?? Shocked

are there any tenants and if so, are they satisfied with the place?

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:02 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

I believe he is the only one living there

He got a loan to build the garages-I am not sure of the status

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

He has about five tenets.

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Reply with quote

Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Someone the other day asked me if the garages were on DDA or City of Flint property?? any truth to that?

Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Josh has it right,, its more than just him living there.

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
He has about five tenets.

Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

At the time of the federal audit, he was the only one there.

I really am trying to pull this from memoy as it took place so long ago. The lawsuit between Crawley and Citizens ran on for years. I believe the land was DDA and Crawley bought it. Now whether he paid for it I don't know as the lawsuit started. Back then Crawley was Chrisdom Properties.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:36 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

The initial lawsuit was filed in November 1996 and was between Crawley and Chrisdom Properties versus Citizens Bank and the DDA. It was settled in February 1999 and in 2000 Crawley started his lawsuit against the City of Flint and the BSI dept. I am sure the details of the property are in that first lawsuit as I remember reading DDA minutes concerning the property.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:50 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Told you it was a long time ago!

DISPUTE OVER PARKING LOT MIGHT BE SETTLED

Publication: Flint Journal, The (MI)
Edition: FIRST
Date: July 28, 1997
Page: C2
Record Id: 0349925905
Author: Michelle Lott JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The developer of an upscale apartment complex in downtown Flint would purchase the accompanying parking lot under a proposed lawsuit settlement approved by the Downtown Development Authority board.

James Crawley, developer of Manhattan Place Apartments and owner of Chrisdom Properties Ltd., would pay $75,000 to regain ownership of the parking area that the DDA built to go with the complex in 1993.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:59 am

Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

75k was a good deal, i wonder if the city offered it up for bids? or just sold it to him?

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Told you it was a long time ago!

DISPUTE OVER PARKING LOT MIGHT BE SETTLED

Publication: Flint Journal, The (MI)
Edition: FIRST
Date: July 28, 1997
Page: C2
Record Id: 0349925905
Author: Michelle Lott JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The developer of an upscale apartment complex in downtown Flint would purchase the accompanying parking lot under a proposed lawsuit settlement approved by the Downtown Development Authority board.

James Crawley, developer of Manhattan Place Apartments and owner of Chrisdom Properties Ltd., would pay $75,000 to regain ownership of the parking area that the DDA built to go with the complex in 1993.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:52 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

If I remember correctly, the garages were part of an agreement with Crawley and were built for him. The intent was for him to buy the land.

Remember at the time Crawley was given the downtown facade program and the Director of the DDa lived in his apartments. They threw some other projects his way.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

gotcha! That was Martha Allis for $500!
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:13 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Mays files compliant aginst council
** Kumar had been caught bringing in an improper paint product from Canada and lying on the paperwork. The paint was being stored out in the elements at a location on Dort Highway. Most of the comments were from neighbors and the trailer park owned by Ophie Holt. Their fears were regarding contamination of their wells and the lack of a water main in that area.

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Eric Mays files complaint after police escort him out of Flint City Council meeting
By Kristin Longley | Flint Journal
December 15, 2009, 4:14PM

courtesy photoEric MaysFLINT, Michigan — Local activist Eric Mays said he filed a complaint with the city ombudsman's office today after he was ordered out of a Flint City Council meeting.

Mays said he is challenging council President Delrico Loyd's ruling that Mays was out of order as he spoke during a public hearing on a proposed zoning change.

After refusing to take their seats, Mays and speaker Sam Sutton were escorted out of the council chambers by police officers.

Mays said he hopes the ombudsman will issue a report that finds the council members in the wrong.

"We will practice civil disobedience if we believe that one, we were germane, and two, our freedom of speech rights were being violated," he said today. "This is bigger than Eric Mays. This is about the citizens."

The public hearing was about a proposed zoning change on Dort Highway for a salvage yard.

A resident spoke first against the change. Then Mays, who said he was being paid as a consultant for the property owner, spoke in favor of the change, asking that the council postpone making its decision.

Mays spoke for 45 minutes before council members said he was getting off topic. Mays disagreed with the council, as did Sutton.

According to council rules, the council president can order someone out of a meeting for not being germane to the topic of the public hearing.

"I hope she (the ombudsman) makes a finding that I was germane," Mays said. "That they were out of order and not me, and they violated my rights in that public hearing."

After Mays and Sutton were escorted out, at least one person spoke in their defense, saying the council was being disrespectful.

At the end of the meeting, council Vice President Dale Weighill thanked Loyd for his actions.

"Thank you for the leadership you showed tonight," Weighill said to applause from the audience and council members. "Free speech is one thing but chaos is another.
"The rules need to be enforced."

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:26 pm

back again
F L I N T O I D

honestly how can anyone drone on about one topic 45 minutes.

P.Y.

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:41 pm

1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Don't know BA, I think if someone kept talking about stopping some of the past actions the city council perhaps they would been prevented some stuff from happening and big money saved. Talk is cheap. Hell I say lets have MORE talk before letting those yutzes vote on something is going to end up costing the taxpayers more cash, cash we don't have. I like some of the stuff Mays talks about,and I am a white guy, why ain't you down with one of your brathers there ol BA?

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:24 pm

back again
F L I N T O I D

ha ha ha pissed.....just because we may share the same "tint" by no means guarantees we feel the same way about issues. our lives may have been totally different. our life experiences may have been totally different.
i am one human who happens to be "tinted". nothing else can be assumed.

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:33 pm

Gooch
F L I N T O I D

I in no way understand Mays and didn't vote for him or even think about doing it. That said I have my own problem in my neighborhood with people talking down to me. I have people doing things "For me and my neighbors" and yet they don't include us even though they claim to speak for us. And now that I have been more involved in the process I find they either try to stiffle me or make me seem like I choose to not be involved in the planning process. Which is very untrue. If i had been contacted that there were meetings going on I would of had a voice long ago. If I had been made welcome and felt I mattered I would have been in long ago.

Then you have people like Sims, who is a neighbor even though she very rarely stays there, do my biding for me yet never invites me to anything. I watched Lawler do it too. We had a young man who was trying his best to get out and do things getting his hands dirty to get elected in Lawlers spot and yet Lawler with his money for block parties and ballon houses won over cause he had more power.

Well maybe Mays is an example of all this. Maybe he is a crack pot or a cronie but that also might be what people need. An example of some one speaking out and taking action. Even if HE is wrong, who is standing up after him doing right? Who else is standing up and questioning the system that seems to be the same people working for "we the people" with out even contact us. They are spending our money. They are spending our grants. And where do we get to see the results. Where is the reciept.

I don't know the full story but Dort hyway is a mess anyways with all the junkyards, scrap yards, and tity bars. Shouldn't we be more concerned that there is a sweet old lady living among all this. Shouldn't we be contacting the landbank and the junk yards into relocating her into a nice new house in a better arera? Quid pro quo.

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:57 pm

back again
F L I N T O I D

the GOOCH has spoken!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

i'm with you 100%!!!!!

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:19 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

The lady has lived in her home since 1932 and does not want to move. Her husband was ill and could not come.

This is the second public hearing on the rezoning and both were recommended for denial by the planning commisssion and turned down by council. Eric was being paid to represent Kumar and filibustered the meeting. Freeman appropriately called Mays on a "point of order" for not being germaine to the subject.

Mays was becoming argumentive and tried to goad Nolden into an argument. He badgeed the lady and repeatedly called her a liar. Loyd, assisted by the City Attorney, read the appropriate council rules and advised Mays repeatedly to be germaine to the subject of the public hearing.

Mays threatened Nolden with a vague political retaliation threat. Mays represented himself as having some great political power that would impact members of the council.

Mays also admitted he was aligned with former councilman Ed Taylor in his efforts to push this rezoning through.

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:21 am

back again
F L I N T O I D

so now there are 2 toothless tigers?

why don't they leave that lady alone!! isn't there some kind of nuisance law that could be used to keep mays OUT of the building?????
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:23 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There is an ordinance regarding lobbying. However none of council ever enforced the ordinance even when Mays admitted to being paid to represent party store owners and Alex Harris represented a developer.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:25 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Land Bank-vacant property & demolition-Flint
Goto page 1, 2, 3 Next

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

It appears the Land Bank does have a vacant property plan!

www.Rent.com Urban property abandonment: From Blight to OpportunityThe Genesee County Urban Land Redevelopment Initiative. National Vacant Properties Campaign. Land Bank Authority Forum. Dan Kildee. Genesee County Treasurer ...
http://www.vacantproperties.org/resources/flint/DanKildee.ppt - - Cached - Similar pages

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:06 am

Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

As an outsider looking in, it appears to me that this plan should be approved and adopted by each local goverment. If I was on city council or a mayor i would want to be apart of discussions about my local jurisdiction.

does the land bank not see it that way?

Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:21 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

The maps were interesting, but I really had to enlarge them to see they were from 2004. Even then sections of the northwest were on track to be demolished.

The City of Flint used to have a representative that they selected to be on the Land Bank Board of Directors. After the law changed so did their bylaws. The Land Bank now chooses who they want from the city on the board. It was Sims and then Ananich. These individuals rarely reported back to the rest of council what was happening. When council was angry, a Land Bank representative came to council.

The structure of the board is 4 County Commissioners and their selections from Flint and Flint Township. It is really a quasi-governmental organization.

I am glad the documents from the Genesee Institute are on line and more recent. Michael Freeman may be of assistance as LISC has a national vacant property plan.

Quite frankly, I am sick of these forums where the public gives input and nothing happens. On the media I saw some of he same people at each meeting. Most of the comments I heard in the community were negative.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:30 am

andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
As an outsider looking in, it appears to me that this plan should be approved and adopted by each local goverment. If I was on city council or a mayor i would want to be apart of discussions about my local jurisdiction.

I remember attending a board meeting a while back where a piece of landbank property was offered to the outbound jurisdiction where I live. The jurisdiction turned it down, I think that it reverts back to the landbank after the jurisdiction makes the decision not to purchase it...

Seems like a neverending flow chart if the land bank doesn't sell it off, especially if they have high standards as to whom they deem worthy to sell it to. That has been my impression in the past. I would love to purchase a land bank property, if I could find the right one in an outbound area....sigh.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:14 am

andi03
F L I N T O I D

Webbie....

I utilize the software in a different jurisdiction provided by LIAA. A lot of the time the maps themselves are not updated, but the databases are. If you want to search the properties, it's best just to use the general "search the database" technique.

The information from the maps I do believe can be exported into a .cvs file which is then converted to an excel spreadsheet. Mackinaw County used to utilize this feature with the maps and never updated them, which is a shame, because I would have liked to have known the value of my property up there without making a phone call to the treasurer or assessor.

The ROI on this software that the landbank is using with the map feature and the outdated excel file is nil. Wink

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:25 am

Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Well, I know from experience the Land Bank sells to the people they like and others get screwed over.

quote:
andi03 schreef:

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

I remember attending a board meeting a while back where a piece of landbank property was offered to the outbound jurisdiction where I live. The jurisdiction turned it down, I think that it reverts back to the landbank after the jurisdiction makes the decision not to purchase it...

Seems like a neverending flow chart if the land bank doesn't sell it off, especially if they have high standards as to whom they deem worthy to sell it to. That has been my impression in the past. I would love to purchase a land bank property, if I could find the right one in an outbound area....sigh.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:20 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

The North End block clubs echo your sentiment.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Then why does it continue?

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Because people let it. They feel powerless against the establishment.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Well people rose up against Woodrow Stanley and recalled him, at the time that was a David vs Goliath task.

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Because people let it. They feel powerless against the establishment.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:52 pm

FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Remeber that Dayne Walling worked hand and hand with the Land Bank. He has a good relationship with Dan Kildee and Company. Dayne will not burn that bridge and it doesn't matter how bad the land bank maintains the property they own.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:31 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Mole is right. Kildee gave Dayne a job consulting at the Genesee Institute which enabled him to run for Mayor his first time. According to the documents about the Genesee Institute their funding is county and Mott Foundation.

Dan Kildee says he is shocked at the political mistakes Walling is making.

Don't forget Walling is a Blue Tiger Dem. and heavily supported by the Michigan Dems. Granholm's assistant, Amanda Stitt, along with Ananich and the Flint guy in Homeland Security threw a fundraiser for Walling in Wasgington DC. Cherry's kids are leaders in the young Dems and theyput out every vicious rumor they could on Williamson in the Young Dems website. This attack gave the appearance of being orchestrated by Brewer.

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:48 am
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:36 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Another ordinance violation in DCED

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Brown tried to protect Tracy Atkinson and gave her a vague Superintendent title and put her under civil service. She remains in that position.

A friend did a Freedom of information on the Director of DCED and was advised this title did not exist. Is Tracy illegally in a position not approved by council? Will the Director position magically reappear?

Will they try to bring in Wendy Johnson for the Director or other position in DCED? She does not meet the mimimal requirements.

§ 2-40 APPOINTMENT OF DIRECTOR OF DEPARTMENT.
The head of the Department of Community Development shall be known as the Director of Community Development and shall be appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the City Council and shall serve at the pleasure of the Mayor.

(Ord. 2074, passed 8-19-68; Am. Ord. 2549, passed 3-8-76)

§ 2-41 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF DIRECTOR.
The Director of the Department of Community Development shall have the following duties and responsibilities:

(a) The administration of Federal and State programs involving housing (except public housing); community development, renewal, preservation and conservation activities; relocation services; social services delivery programs; and such other Federal and State programs as may be designated by the Mayor or Federal statute.

(b) Shall, with the approval of the Mayor, have the authority to establish divisions within the Department and to appoint all subordinates and employees within the Department pursuant to personnel policies of the City developed pursuant to the provisions of Section 4-302 of the Charter.

(c) May, with the approval of the Mayor, adopt rules for the administration of the Department governing all personnel policies not governed by the provisions of Sections 4-301 and 4-302 of the Charter.

(Ord. 2074, passed 8-19-68; Am. Ord. 2431, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 2549, passed 3-8-76)

§ 2-42 MANAGEMENT OF FISCAL AFFAIRS.
The management of the fiscal affairs of the Department of Community Development shall be the responsibility of the Director of Finance of the City.

(Ord. 2283, passed - - )

ARTICLE IX. RESERVED

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:46 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

The reorganization of this department, parks and rec as well as transportation may be ill advised. (ordinances)

§ 2-1.2 CREATION OR REORGANIZATION OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS.
(A) No executive department required or permitted by the City Charter shall be created or reorganized without the prior authorization of the City Council.

(B) Violation of this section is considered a misdemeanor, punishable by a $500 fine and/or 90 days in jail.

(Ord. 3629, passed 11-22-04)

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Well, people say Josh Freeman is the holy highness of the charter, why is he not speaking up?

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:16 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Sec. 4-203 EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS.
A. The City shall, in accordance with law, create such executive departments as may be necessary to administer the responsibilities of the City for public safety, public works, utilities, parks and

recreation, transportation including aviation, finance, community development, and environmental protection.

B. The City may, in accordance with law, on recommendation of the Mayor, create and reorganize departments as may be necessary to meet the needs of the citizens for public services and facilities.

C. The head of each department shall be appointed by the Mayor in accordance with law and with the approval of the City Council and shall serve at the pleasure of the Mayor.

D. There shall be not more than ten (10) executive departments.

(Adopted by the electorate, 11-5-74)

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:14 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

This ordinance covers appointees not department heads. They are illegal hires if their title and salary has not been approved by council:

ARTICLE XXI. PRINCIPAL STAFF OFFICIALS

§ 2-170 MAXIMUM NUMBER OF POSITIONS.
In accordance with § 4-202(b) of the Flint City Charter, the Mayor is hereby authorized to create

additional staff official positions, and their responsibilities, in the manner provided in this article, provided however, that there shall be no more than ten principal staff officials serving at the pleasure of the Mayor.

(Ord. 3195, passed 2-24-92)

§ 2-171 RESOLUTION AND DESCRIPTION REQUIRED.
Except as otherwise provided in this article, the Mayor shall, at least 30 days before a principal staff official position is created under this article, submit a resolution to the City Council stating the title and description of responsibilities of each such position.

§ 2-172 DURATION OF POSITION.
A principal staff official position created under this article and approved by the City Council by adoption of a resolution shall continue until terminated, or its responsibilities are consolidated with another principal staff official position created under this article by the Mayor. The Mayor shall submit prior written notice of the termination of a principal official staff position, or the consolidation of the responsibilities of principal official staff positions created under this article, to the City Council.

§ 2-173 EXPANSION OF RESPONSIBILITIES.
The Mayor may expand the responsibilities of a principal official staff position appointed under § 4-202a of the Flint City Charter or created under this article. In no event shall a principal official staff position be paid more than one salary for the expanded and/or consolidated responsibilities. The Mayor shall submit prior written notice of the expanded responsibilities of a principal official staff position to the City Council.

§ 2-174 CREATION OF AUTHORIZED POSITIONS.
Within 15 days of the effective date of this article the Mayor may submit appropriate resolution(s) to the City Council identifying the title and description of the responsibilities of any position authorized to be created under this article, which position shall then have immediate effect. Thereafter, any position authorized under this article shall be created as prescribed in § 2-171.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:41 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

I am watching the Dec. 21, 2009 council meeting and it was Neeley and Loyd who challenged the newly formed Neighborhood Services Dept. and loyd even quoted the charter. I laughed when City Atty. Peter Bade stated he thought the Administration did not have to go before council to reorganize. The codes were recently revised so I am assuming the codes on the internet are accurate.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:03 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Peehaps the new superintendent position created by Brown in DCED is illegal as he too, illegally restructured the department.

After all Brown and Barry Wolf used this same ordinance on staff positions to dismiss several Williamson appointees as illegal hires.

§ 2-174 CREATION OF AUTHORIZED POSITIONS.
Within 15 days of the effective date of this article the Mayor may submit appropriate resolution(s) to the City Council identifying the title and description of the responsibilities of any position authorized to be created under this article, which position shall then have immediate effect. Thereafter, any position authorized under this article shall be created as prescribed in § 2-171.

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:29 pm

FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Expect more of this stuff to come to light in the next couple weeks, also the public seems to be upset by these things. Tons of phone calls flooded city hall phone lines the last two days regarding the poor conditions of our streets.

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:13 am

FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

I thought Josh Freeman was suppose to be the Messiah when it comes to Charter knowledge?

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
The reorganization of this department, parks and rec as well as transportation may be ill advised. (ordinances)

§ 2-1.2 CREATION OR REORGANIZATION OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS.
(A) No executive department required or permitted by the City Charter shall be created or reorganized without the prior authorization of the City Council.

(B) Violation of this section is considered a misdemeanor, punishable by a $500 fine and/or 90 days in jail.

(Ord. 3629, passed 11-22-04)

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:14 am

Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:
Expect more of this stuff to come to light in the next couple weeks, also the public seems to be upset by these things. Tons of phone calls flooded city hall phone lines the last two days regarding the poor conditions of our streets.

When are they going to get residential streets done?

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 am

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Ours was plowed yesterday afternoon.

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:08 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Streets were dangerous Monday. I saw a car spin out by the Fire Station #1.
Freeman is picking his battles and Kincaid is being strangely quiet. Kincaid knows and isn't saying.
Since Barry Wolf was the lawyer who engineered Brown's appointments and eliminations and is also Walling's neighbor, I am sure he has advised Walling to fix up his mess. Walling is just arrogant.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FlintCityMole schreef:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:54 am

00SL2
F L I N T O I D
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
The codes were recently revised so I am assuming the codes on the internet are accurate. Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:56 pm
For City Ordinances the City of Flint's website redirects to http://www.amlegal.com/library/mi/flint.shtml where it states: " Flint, Michigan Code of Ordinances - This code contains the 2005 S-4 Supplement, current through Ord. 3650, passed 4-25-05."

In cases where it really matters, it would be a good idea to check with the clerk to see if the ordinance you're interested in has been updated since 4-25-05.

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:07 pm
untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

OOSL2 I plan on pulling the ordinance first from the law dept where everything should be accurate. It will be interesting to see if they deny me or make me file a FOIA as they have done that in the past. Just another way to make it difficult . BU it will make the complaint better.

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:21 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

It happened tonight. Eason told council he had been working 3 positions and was stretched too thin, Then he ststed he needed to have a Director of DCED. Remember this is a position the city claimed no longer existed after Tracy was made Superintendent.

Later after Wendy Johnson helped make the presentation, Jackie Poplar dropped the bombshell that Wendy was to be the new director of DCED and asked if it was a conflict-of interest. Johnson finally admitted it was true.

How will the City be able to afford both a Director and a Superintendent. And if Tracy was Superintendent of the department, why did Eason have to run the department?

Another issue is Lawlers desire to make the metawaunenee plan part of the master plan.

!) The process of making this area a historic district cannot be made by council and that is a key element of the plan;
2)The making of a historic district is the purview of the state and only after a lengthy time-consuming and tedious process.(much of the area will not qualify)
3) The desire of the Metawaunenee Hills group to receive state and federal funding may require a Citizens District Council and the city already has CDC's that are not receiving such funding.

The city needs to concentrate on reducing the deficit.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:40 pm

00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Webs asked "why did Eason have to run the department?" With a grin I quote from http://cityofflint.com/mayor/cityadmin.asp:

quote:
City Administrator

The City Administrator is appointed by the Mayor and, in his role as the city’s chief executive, is responsible for implementing City policies and ensuring that the community is served in a responsive manner.

The Office of the City Administrator has overall responsibility for the management and implementation of policies, rules and regulations promulgated by the Mayor.
The City Administrator's office is also directly responsible for several programs and projects of citywide importance, including:

* Organizational effectiveness
* Strategic planning
* Best practices & process improvement
* Intergovernmental relations
* Records management
* Support staff
* City Budget & Financial Planning
Must assume it also includes duties set forth in the city charter and code.

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:26 pm
Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:43 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: