FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Barney and Hogarth racism- Poor Flint response

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Racist signs appear in Flint neighborhood, threaten ... - WNEM TV 5

20 hours ago ... Signs posted in a quiet Flint neighborhood seem to be clear. Somebody isn't
happy with some of their neighbors, so they're writing intimidating ...

http://www.wnem.com/story/26432691/racist-signs-appear-in-flint-neighborhood-threaten-some-residents - Similar Pages

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:35 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Racist signs appear in Flint neighborhood, threaten some residents

Posted: Sep 03, 2014 12:10 AM EDT

Updated: Sep 03, 2014 5:30 AM EDT

By Andrew Keller, Multimedia Journalist - bio | email

FLINT, MI (WNEM) -
Signs posted in a quiet Flint neighborhood seem to be clear. Somebody isn't happy with some of their neighbors, so they're writing intimidating and disturbing things to make their feelings be known.

Die [n-word] die, we will kill you, you know, and that's too much," Pamela Sealey explained.

Sealey said racist threats have been popping up on telephone poles in her neighborhood for more than a month. And then on Tuesday morning, Sealey's daughter found a note while waiting at the bus stop with her own daughter for the first day of school.

"It says, don't get you get it [n-word], we don't want you in our hood. Get out before we kill you. White people, something's coming," read Sealey.

She thinks this is more than just a tasteless joke.

"I am really scared, I'm terrified," Sealey said.

And she said so far, Flint police haven't responded to her calls. But on Tuesday when TV5 called police and explained the situation, Flint Police Lieutenant Cindy Herfert said the department will jump on it.

"It'll be assigned to a detective tomorrow, and he will be working on it as much as he can right away," said Herfert.

That's good news for Sealey, who said her family, and other black families in this neighborhood, don't deserve this harassment.

"I hope it stops after today," Sealey said.

In addition to looking into the harassment claims, Herfert said the department will also investigate why Sealey's calls for help seemingly slipped through the cracks.

Of course, Count on TV5 as this story moves forward.

Copyright 2014 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:38 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Earley dismantled the Human Relations Commission, which would have investigated these complaints. The Commission worked with the FBI and other agencies investigating hate crimes.

The Flint Police Department failed to respond until they were notified by Channel 5 WNEM. Even then their response appears tepid and not really concerned about the well being of this and other families who would move into this neighborhood. But then the Police department is so decimated by cuts, there may not be enough officers to respond.

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:45 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I drove some of the west side streets north of Miller Road and east of Ballenger recently. Many blocks off Ballenger had 3 to 4 houses for sale and/or vacant. Obviously this is s neighborhood in transition.

I have spoken to people living in west side neighborhoods and they tell me they are losing neighbors and their streets are becoming abandoned.

Is this rapid abandonment part of the Master Plan? The more houses that are torn down seems to spawn more abandonment.
Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:52 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Both WNEM and WEYI are becoming better sources f local news than WJRT.
Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:54 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I drove by this intersection and parts of this neighborhood are in serious decline. Hate crimes are serious issues and the Earley administration is taking this issue too lightly. We need the FBI on this case.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:46 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: