FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: What is happening with the Brennan Center?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Brennan Community Center was closed for two days this week by the administration. The members had to sign a contract with the city last year and I was old it was supposed to be valid until September. Now the City is drafting a new contract.

First the city turned Haskill into a youth center and then Pierce became a private banquet facility and privately run golf course. There have been attempts to close Brennan before and that may be the administration's goal. If this happens then only Hasselbring remains.

The taxpayers ignored the counties habit of proposing a countywide millage and then making recipients within the county almost beg for funding. That is why the countywide park millage failed. The disparity was obvious from the beginning in the way the county dealt with the Clio/Vienna Township senior center.

Some of our harshest critics have been the county commissioners who allegedly represent parts of the city.

If anyone knows what the issues are with the Brennan Center, I and others would welcome a response.
Post Fri May 10, 2013 4:01 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

This doesn't answer your question directly but may be a source of reference.

"The Crim Foundation, through it's Healthy Kids, Healthy Communities initiative, has focused on Brennan Park and Max Brandon Park. Each has received about $15,000 in grant-funded improvements in recent months."

Source:
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/03/many_flint_parks_in_poor_condi.html
Accessed: May 11, 2013
Post Sat May 11, 2013 1:15 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Brennan center is on the chopping block for a $1 to Loving Hands.
Post Wed May 29, 2013 9:42 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Thanks to a very active advisory group, the Brennan Center my be safe for the moment. Deborah Holmes is the acting director.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:27 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: