FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How to depopulate a city

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The title could have been how to depopulate a city and make it a metropolitan community.

First-make sure the public safety is inadequate, especially in the neighborhoods you want to eliminate.

Second-increase the tax burden on the elderly and the low income so they are forced to make tough decisions.

Third- increase the cost of a basic necessity, like water, so the elderly and others on a fixed income are forced to make decisions regarding their heat, food or water.

Fourth- Lower the property values so low that homes become expendable and not worth saving.

Fifth- Commit all available funds from federal grants towards a project that most expect to ultimately fail while knowing that after the next census the city will no longer have control over these funds.

So many residents that were just holding on are now making a decision to leave. The value of their homes are negligible so they become expendable.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:50 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Residents have been concerned about the area on the north border of Smith Village.

Last October there were 2 murders in the 200 block of Mary Street, the northern boundary of Smith Village. The Journal articles related the level of gunfire and violence in this area as a serious fear factor.

The homes on Mary Street are the older rehabbed homes that still mostly fail to blend in with the new.

Residents cannot believe that the city left so many abandoned homes in the area of new homes. They point out crack houses and other drug houses remain in the area.

You can look at the graffiti for the Fifth Ward gang and see the new houses.

At Mary and Donald( the first cross street coming from M L King)look north towards Harriet and Paterson. Most of the houses are burnt down to the ground and this is less than 2 blocks from the new homes.

How can the city ensure the safety of any new residents? The local State Police have been said by other law enforcement to have no gang intelligence. Flint Police claim on M-Live that the State Police "cherry pick" their cases. The State Police are said to be arrogant and that they refuse to "play well" with other law enforcement officers.

The leadership of the Flint State Police is matt Bolger, the brother of the Michigan House Speaker, Jase Bolger. A staunch Republican, Jase Bolger is under investigation for an election fraud case. Perhaps the arrogance is a family trait.
Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:05 am 
westflint
F L I N T O I D

your article, is "right on" everyone is moving because of the reasons you mentioned. It is so sad, that no one will listen. I ask myself, why do they want us to leave? We pay taxes and are good citizens. It is just awful.
Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:15 pm 
theboyzmom
F L I N T O I D

you forgot one - Make sure that even though the property values are next to nothing, you continue to leave the SEV super high so the people pay the value of the property each year in taxes.
Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:18 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: