FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Why Flint keeps paying back HUD $
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Other times people wanted to complain but not file a police report.
Example #1
In April of 05 a bar owner was in the Mayor's office for a meeting. He told myself, the receptionist and another how a councilman had attempted to extort money from the bar and he had taken the councilman outside the bar and beaten him. After that friends of the bar owners vandalized the councilman's home. When I pressured the bar owner to make a complaint, he told me he had refused to give the story to the Flint Journal 3 years prior. I also found out some officers knew the story. I was able to verify a complaint made by the councilman over the broken windows, etc.. Without a formal complaint, the story was urban legend.
Sam Riddle called from Detroit about an individual alleging FAIF was demanding a kickback in order to purchase a bar. Allegedly there had already been some price gouging in an appraisal. He refused to give me the prospective buyers name. Before I could get very far the bar on Dupont burned. Years later I was complaining about this in the White Horse and Big Cheese started laughing. He told me who was trying to buy the bar. The FBI had even questioned the prospective buyer about the fire.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The wall of FAIF held a drawing of a prospective business in downtown on ML King. Half of the building was owned by FAIF from a failed loan. I contacted the creator of the drawing in Swartz Creek. He explained that the Director of FAIF contracted for the drawing and never paid for it. The director and another businessman planned on obtaining both properties for two businesses, one a tapdance school. The tap instructor admitted he had been approached about locating there but declined to talk about the project.

The problem really got stinky in the bid process. Although Ryan Eashoo was the high bidder , the board was told there was a sole bid. To resolve the issue the property was rebid. The problem was resolved without involving criminal action.
Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:32 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=9453&sid=3ec582e0b1fa2ba13eca5a755c6dcb3c
Paybackfor Flint West Village and Greater Eastside
Post Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:37 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: