FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Woodson and Kincaid against Concerned Pastors
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

‎Arthur Woodson‎ to Ronnie Duncan WNEM TV 5
1 hr ·
Scott Kincaid is not fighting the trash because the mayor is black. He's fighting because Rizzo is trying to take Flint jobs and money and the mayor is listening to Woodrow Stanley. The concerned pastors has entered this fight and the should not have. Let's talk about them not having a 501c (3) since 2004. They will not come out against Rizzo, but they want to come out against the people. If you are a concerned pastor. I am asking you to turn away from this wrong doing. The concerned pastors is getting ready for a battle they can't win. God does not like ugly and I am going to make it that.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:03 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woodson is reacting to the Concerned Pastors Saturday morning radio show on WFLT 1420 am between 8-9 a.m. This show is followed by Sheldon Neeley, (9:00 -9:30 a.m.) and AC Dumas (9:30 -10:00 a.m.). The Pastors and AC Dumas continued in the same vein.

The discussion revolved around whether Scott kincaid has a personal vendetta against Mayor Weaver. There was a call to rise up in the Spirit of Nat Turner.

Scott Kincaid as dictator:
Scott kincaid used his position with UAW Region D to help other council people with jobs and donations.* Kincaid misused city resources to take his battle to court.**

Note: *It is alleged kincaid helped Poplar's son, Delrico LLoyd,and the wife of Wantwaz Davis with jobs. Kincaid has been given significant funding from the UAW Pac and even Jackie Poplar got $2,500 from the PAC. Was there any donated money for events council held?
** Kincaid originally filed he lawsuit without council approval by himself. He had to then have a special meeting to bring council on board.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:17 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Join the Concerned Pastors Monday at 11:00 am at City hall.

The message is we must stand up and addressl council and Kincaid! Weaver has already saved us millions. Why was there no controversy over the no-bid contract with Republic.

Note: Kincaid admitted to WJRT 12 that he was aware the Republic Contract was "inflated" by the EM to assist them in the purchase of the Flint trucks and the hiring of 18 Flint workers.
In addition the Em, in response to Snyder's request for more recycling, entered into a "partnership" with Republic in return for their annual payment of recyling materials for the public.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:36 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The show continued to state their belief that Kincaid and the council won't deal with African American leadership. There was a indication of weak leadership on behalf of Council President Kerry Nelson. "Scott Kincaid orchestrates and the President takes action" It was described as appalling.

The discussion revolved around whether Scott Kincaid enjoyed being part of the controversy. He was part of the movement to bring the EM in and outsourcing all work. The last thing the council wants is an African american leadership that will move us forward.

A meting with UAW 1D to protest Kincaid's "egregious behavior" was advocated.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:57 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

What was interesting was that callers to these shows support Weaver when those who respond to M-Live are usually anti Weaver and are often out-of-town.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:07 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Arthur Woodson
59 mins ·
So when the concerned pastors or any pastor comes out and speak, why do people think they are off limits? When Wayne T. Jackson invited Donald Trump, we got mad and spoke out against him. So when they someone in the black community and still fleece the community it is okay? The concerned pastors are trying to be like him. When they use you to get where they need to be, they will leave you behind also. There is racism in this country I agree with that, but this group of people is using it for their own selfish gains and I'm not afraid of them neither. They have sold out our community for years. You all know this.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:20 pm 
BillPayer
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
What was interesting was that callers to these shows support Weaver when those who respond to M-Live are anti Weaver and are often out-of-town.

First, I'm an East side resident, and do comment on mlive a bit here and there. What seems obvious to me is the difference in media coverage. Weaver came out and claimed victory over the rulings, but what about comments from the other side? Apparently republic said they didn't believe the ruling means they aren't suppose to stop picking trash up. But republic was the only opposition to Weaver's victory that I've heard outside of the comments sections.

Why is that? I can't believe it's entirely the media's fault because they did cover republics statement. It just seems like nobody is speaking out against her publicly?
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:14 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I was just commenting on M-Live. It seems to bring out all of the haters, whether you are black or white. Sadly this situation is bringing more division to our already divided community.

I am not saying Weaver is completely right in this issue. But,it has not escaped the attention of the community that:
a: many council openly supported Walling
b. Council made comments upon her election that they would be scrutinizing her
c. Other communities with tainted water are jealous of the results she has received

Residents did not appreciate Kincaid comparing the Mayor to a child needing discipline.

More and more I hear comments that all of council needs to be replaced next year during election. More nastiness to come. That some of the Pastors are angry at comments Scott Kincaid has made is real.

Why is Woodson so invested in this deision? Enquiring minds want to know!
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:48 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
BillPayer schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
What was interesting was that callers to these shows support Weaver when those who respond to M-Live are anti Weaver and are often out-of-town.

First, I'm an East side resident, and do comment on mlive a bit here and there. What seems obvious to me is the difference in media coverage. Weaver came out and claimed victory over the rulings, but what about comments from the other side? Apparently republic said they didn't believe the ruling means they aren't suppose to stop picking trash up. But republic was the only opposition to Weaver's victory that I've heard outside of the comments sections.

Why is that? I can't believe it's entirely the media's fault because they did cover republics statement. It just seems like nobody is speaking out against her publicly?

Anyone who has visited M-live can't help but notice the nastiness and race baiting on tha site.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:53 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=12360

Thankfully the flint campaign finance reports are now available online. As I reviewed Scott Kincaid's most recent reports,I had to question where his loyalties are.

The three time amended report pivoted on fundraiser held at the Flint Golf Club that raised $ 6,770 .

The big contributors:
*Note : there are many contributors linked to the Genesee-Flint Chamber of Commerce and the Uptown Reinvestment group.

Tim Herman $300
John Matonich $100
Ridgeway White $300
Ghassan Saab $300
Geoge Hamo $300
Lawrence Moon $200
Steven Landall $300
Gary Hurand $300
Universal Ambulance Service $300
Richard King Jr, $300
Dovey Richter $100
Damion Frasier $300
Francis manley $300
Robert McDonald $100
Greater Flint AFL-CIO $$300
*Pifer Inc $150 (corporate donations are not allowed)
UAW Mihigan V PAC $2,000
Genesee landlords Association PAC $300
Page 8 of 9 showed a second UAW $2,000 donation. This one was UAW Region 1 D V Michigan V PAC at 1940 W Atherton
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:56 pm 
BillPayer
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
quote:
BillPayer schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

Anyone who has visited M-live can't help but notice the nastiness and race baiting on tha site.

I totally agree, the comments section on mlive is representative of the internet as a whole. The comments section isn't a great place to get information, and isn't the perfect community to be involved in.

But what I can say is it's the only place that the clear opposition to Weaver is being choices outside of the court rooms and council meetings... Or at least that's the only place I see it. And again, why is that? I can't blame anyone but that opposition.

Weaver is winning Infront of the cameras and that's all it takes. When most people feel like being involved in local politics means watching the local news on TV... It doesn't matter who or what is right. It's all about that screen time.

So why does it seem like citizens support her while people outside the city don't? Because they have different sources of information. If Weaver wants her way all she needs to do is keep portraying she won Infront of the cameras and she will keep public support.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:02 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

You are correct, however she does not put on a positive front when she has Gilcreast by her side all the time. I cringed when I saw Gilcreast and Kincaid face to face on Channel 5's report of the Town Hall meeting. While most of the reasons people point to him as not credible are old, it is a distraction Weaver doesn't need. And if he had respect for her, he would not be so obvious. He is a lightening rod for criticism.

!. His federal numbers case (USA vs $57,000 plus
2. The $400,000 settlement for the 2 Park Rangers after the Gilcreast ticket
scandal. His 68th District Court files show a lot of traffic tickets!
3. The Parks lawsuit against his company, Aonshea, for failure to pay the city for
his golf cart refreshment contract
4. Council allegations years ago about contract rigging, he was furious when he did
not get the contract for the Kennedy Pool
5. Allegations of misconduct during the NAACP elections
6. Being sued by his lawyer over nonpayment who alleges serious threats were
made in depositions

Fair or not, Kincaid was in office when many of these happened. Judging from the comments, on line and on air, residents also have a long memory.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:28 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The AC Dumas show received many callers

Pastor Overtons was upset and stated how this "Donald trump behavior was not going to happen in any community I am in". While encouraging residents to work with the Mayor and support her. While groups were fighting for clean water, he said Walling fought it all . He pointed out how Weaver fights for the City.

In a discussion of allegations of no communication with weaver and the council, that was disputed with You can't make people meet with you.

The pastor again mentioned the commitment of council to Walling. They will not support her, he stated, and he reminded the listeners how they wanted to keep Henderson, when she was part of the problem. "she wants to move the city forward, she said.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:07 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ac Dumas brought up the recent DUI arrest of 5th Ward Councilman Davis. Davis continues to allege Weaver is unfit for office, said Dumas,.

The Pastor noted how Kincaid should be asked to resign or council should remove him.

Dumas noted how Rizzo picked up rash on the streets that had been there for up to 3 weeks. Republic is trying to hold us hostage.

Pastor Overton stated, council members flat out lie. The garbage under walling was stopped and Kincaid did not go running to the Circuit court.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:17 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woodson is alleging the Concerned Pastors are upset about not getting CDBG money towards helping Flint's children. Actually during the meetings on the Master Plan, residents were informed that no revitalization would happen in the north end for at least twenty years. The revitalization plan for the Concerned pastors is through through a separate corporation, distinct from the Concerned Pastors.
Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:46 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: