FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: State gets F in ethics & integrity-county follows lead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This project produced HUD findings including one that Salem Housing was unsuccessful, little benefits, and lawsuits with Operation Unification.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:27 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

HUD Swat Team coming to town?
Goto page 2,

ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
**After a review of the data on American Recovery and reinvestment Act Programs as of the December 31, 2009, The City of flint has not drawn down any funds under the CDBG-R or the HPRP. Also little progress has been made on the Neighborhood Stabilization Program.

When Walling was running for office against Williamson, I was upset that grants were returned when Williamson's buddies did not get the contracts. I asked Walling if he would make sure that the grant money that Flint received would be used and administered properly. His reply was of course that he would. Now it seems that Walling is even worse than Williamson. It's very disappointing to me because I had such high hopes for Walling.

But what is more disappointing is that it sounds like Flint may lose one grant for 7 MILLION dollars and another grant for 22 MILLION dollars. And the blame is not on the people in the DCED department; HUD puts the blame squarely on the AMINISTRATION! Walling wants to get rid of the remaining staff in the DCED and play cronyism again by appointing Tracy Adkinson, Wendy Johnson and who know whom else to fill those positions. These people have no qualifications to run this department. When Interim screw-up Michael Brown removed Nancy Jurkiewicz, he removed the most knowledgeable person Flint had to run this department. And as you can see, that may end up costing Flint at least 29 MILLION dollars, and that may just be the beginning.

In my opinion, it’s not a matter of liking Walling or not, FLINT CAN’T AFFORD WALLING!

PS If you’re wondering where the jobs are from the stimulus money, some of them are part of the 22 million dollars that Flint was supposed to have put into the community. The same money that we are now at risk of losing. NICE JOB DAYNE!

PPS Who's got the recall petitions?

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

So Webs what do you think of the two men who spoke to City Council last night about HUD, MSHDA, and Ms. Tracy Atkinson and the administration? I believe one was from MSHDA and the other was a consultant.

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Consultant: A person that gets business cards printed saying they are one. A person paid large sums of money for pointing out the obvious.

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

They explained the program but they never discussed compliance issues with Flint.

The State of Michigan srewed up in their monitoring of the federal Enterprise fund and did not monitor for three years. When they realized there was a problem, they wanted Flint to pay back the money. Their failure to monitor became an issue, but the problem is still not resolved with HUD. What I heard is they are determined to not let flint fail and are working hard. Failure will reflect badly on the state and the federal government as it will make Obamas stimulus programs seem less plausible.

Did you notice how quickly Ballard distanced himself from the NSP1 dollars?

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Well I'll be honest, I don't remember every last detail, but I was able to reach this summary and conclusion; The city under the Mayor and Tracy are doing a improved, not great job in terms of these dollars. I am ignorant to all the technical terms and rules, but these 2 men left the public and council the impression that we are doing good.

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:33 pm

ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
Well I'll be honest, I don't remember every last detail, but I was able to reach this summary and conclusion; The city under the Mayor and Tracy are doing a improved, not great job in terms of these dollars. I am ignorant to all the technical terms and rules, but these 2 men left the public and council the impression that we are doing good.

Pachuco,

What basis are you using to say they did "a improved , not great job"? Improved in relation to what? HUD liked the job that Nancy Jurkiewicz did, but refused to deal with Tracy Adkinson because she had no idea what she was doing and had no qualifications. Tracy even admitted that she had never written a grant, yet they put her in charge of DCED. And I realize Tracy has packed on a few pounds, but "the 2 men" are actually a man and a woman. You figure out who is which.

This city is millions of dollars behind in disbursements of HUD money. These are moneys that could be out there helping Flint and in some cases result in jobs, but there it is, sitting doing nothing because Tracy Adkinson and Dayne Walling do not know what they are doing. And now you add Wendy Johnson to that equation and you have added what I believe is a very devious and self-serving individual. Just what we need, another person that doesn't have the Flint residents at heart. (Read my post about her in the thread, "New Community and Economic Director.")

Pachuco, you know I try to shoot straight from the hip, but I believe your lack of financial experience in the real world shows on this one. Especially as it relates to business and governmental issues. But keep watching, listening and learning, because it sounds like you are way ahead of most of your piers. These forums are actually a good way to learn about different points of view and how the same issue can be viewed differently by people.
Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Unconcerned citizen, I was reffering to the two men who presented last night to the City Council, Webs knows who I am talking about. But again I am going off the impression they left me, I could and probably am wrong. And thanks for the compliment by the way, I'll guess I'll have to listen and obserbe better.

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:31 pm

Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Swat Team for what?

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O ID

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
Swat Team for what?

I found out this term goes back years and was used by HUD in some of their investigations. My friend has HUD experience in Flint and Detroit areas, so he found the use of this term appropriate.

Under Tracy Atkinson, the performance of the office is sliding and we are not drawing down the funds we should. HUD must perform as they have gotten some bad raps from the OIG and others for their lack of performance. When Flint does not perform, it looks as though HUD is not properly monitoring.

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:04 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Pachuco- Some old timers in the audience told me they were not fooled by the charade and MSHDA was here for an assessment of capacity. Here we are almost in March and the contracts have not been given out for the NSP2 funds. Allegedly they have been ready for several weeks. I am sure the reason is Tracy Atkinson did not know how to do them and that is why she and the new Director were to go to Lansing the next day. Most likely training. MSHDA told some that they had to be extremely cautious about what they said, and that is a very proper attitude to take. It was unusual to have 3 MSHDA and a consultant people in town to simply explain the program. Flint staff should have been able to do that.

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:54 am

ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Pachuco- Some old timers in the audience told me they were not fooled by the charade and MSHDA was here for an assessment of capacity. Here we are almost in March and the contracts have not been given out for the NSP2 funds. Allegedly they have been ready for several weeks. I am sure the reason is Tracy Atkinson did not know how to do them and that is why she and the new Director were to go to Lansing the next day. Most likely training. MSHDA told some that they had to be extremely cautious about what they said, and that is a very proper attitude to take. It was unusual to have 3 MSHDA and a consultant people in town to simply explain the program. Flint staff should have been able to do that.

Is it just me, or does it seem like we are going back to square one. Having to train a new director because she also has no idea what she is doing. For the kind of money they are paying Wendy Johnson, I bet that somewhere in this country is a person well versed in grants that is looking for a job and would gladly move here to get that job. I seem to remember during Walling's campaign that he said he was not going to have the cronyism of old. That he was only going to hire qualified people that had no "baggage".
OH, THAT'S RIGHT, THAT WAS A POLITICAL PROMISE! SILLY ME!

And if that isn't bad enough, there is serious talk that Walling is planning on forcing the rest of the DCED department out so he can replace them with more CRONIES! Then the department will have the blind leading the blind! OMG Mr. Walling, if you would pull your head out of your A*S, you might see how a Rhoades Scholar can still be a moron.

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:15 am

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Will he drop his pants, or talk through them, for his state of the city speech?

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 pm

back again
F L I N T O I D

this is so sad.... Crying or Very sad

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

What I found odd was the number of MSDA heads and staff here. There was a total of three MSHDA, Ballard, Newell and Davis, plus the conractor.

That was a lot of staff for a simple explanation. My sources at MSHDA said they were concerned they had to be very cautious about what they said at that meeting.

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:37 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

FY 97 Homeownership Zone
Flint, Michigan

AMOUNT OF AWARD:
Homeownership Zone Grant — $2,013,000

NEW HOMEOWNER UNITS:
319 (269 new construction, 50 rehabilitation)

PROPOSED COMPLETION:
Unknown

HOMEOWNERSHIP ZONE SITE:
The University Park Homeownership Zone (HOZ) is a 265 acre area located in the middle of Flint. It is near the Central Business District and the Flint campus of the University of Michigan. The Homeownership Zone consists of two subtarget areas that are distinct but connected. The west subtarget area is bounded by Mary Street on the north, Saginaw Street on the east, Fifth Avenue on the south, and Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue on the west. The east subtarget area is bounded by Harriet Street on the north, Industrial Avenue on the east, Cornelia Street on the south, and Saginaw Street on the west. At the time of the Homeownership Zone designation, nearly half of the area consisted of vacant or boarded-up properties, and there had been no new housing development in 12 years.

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
Flint encountered a number of problems that prevented the implementation of the City's original Homeownership Zone proposal. The original proposal called for the development of new homeownership housing located in two subtarget areas - University Park and Smith Village. The City also proposed to rebuild streets and infrastructure, rehabilitate and expand a local community center, create new parks and green space, and initiate a small business support program. While the University Park subtarget area is complete, redevelopment of the Smith Village area stalled. The City is revising its Homeownership Zone strategy and developing a "restart" plan.

FUNDING:

PARTNERS:
Smith Revitalization, LLC — Project Manager
Rowe, Inc — Project Engineer

PROJECT OUTCOMES:
Underway

INNOVATIONS:
Underway

BEST PRACTICES:
Underway

LESSONS LEARNED:
Underway

AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
None

MAP

PICTURES (not available at this time)

Content current as of 23 September 2008 Back to top

FOIA Privacy Web Policies and Important Links Home
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112 TTY: (202) 708-1455
Find the address of a HUD office near you

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:30 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

In federal fiscal years 1996 and 1997 a total of 11 cities were eatabished as Homeownership Zones. Flint, Michigan was approved in 1997 and was funded with $20 million of recaptured Nehimiah Grant funds. No new funds were have been authorized since 1997. The funding grant award of $2,013,000 was awarded on March 27,1998 for the University Park Homeownership Zone. Flint was to construct 319 new units of homes, of which a minimum of 51%, or 163 units were to be sold to low to moderate income families. Completion of the Home Ownership Zone was originally December of 2003.

The premise of the Homeownership Zone is the idea that the construction of mixed income single family homes near near centers of employment will help revivie neighborhoods in need of revitalization.

The majority of home buyers assisted must have incomes that do not exceed 80% of the HUD median income, which is adjusted by family size.

University Park was constructed, but Smith village stalled.

In 2004 Hud officials, concerned with the lack of progress, advised flint they must have a reasonable strategy for completion of the Homeownership Zone. In february of 2005 HUD demanded notice of Flints intention of coming up with a strategy or terminating the zone. HUD's College of experts came in to facillitate the execution of a new strategy. Flint was advised not to draw down any new funds until notified by HUD.

Nancy Jurkiewiicz-rich complied with all requests made by Anna Maria Farias, Deputy Assistant Secretary for grant Programs at HUD for the restart of the program. Failure to complete this project would have resulted in repayment of $1.1 million from the city's general fund.

Problems arose within the structure of the Citizens District Council and an inability to get approval of plans designed for the district. After the developer backed out because of the delay, a second developer was turned down because the group now wanted the first set of designs. Issues related to purchase prices within the Smith village area arose as the city was concerned the asking prices were out of line. The council became involved in political activities and may have held an illegal forum The forum was shown on channel 17 9comcast) and one of the leaders endorsed a candidate.

John Carpenter reworked the program to tie in to Hurley and their rehabilitation efforts. Williams street leads from near Doyle Ryder school toward 8th that goes to Hurley.

At the City wide advisory council grant review of CDBG and HOME funds from HUD, Flint Odyssey House was advised their request for $2 million of HOME funds was too high as only $1.4 million was available for grants. Odyssey House proposes building 22 townhouses for a total cost of $4.8 million in Smith village. They are also requesting MSHDA money and recovery funds.

Odyssey House was the proposed developer over 10 years ago before they encountered IRS and other tax difficulties.

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

The September 2009 OIG audit erroneously attributed funds of $2.5 million to Flint area Enterprise Community Inc. The funds were actually earmarked, with the assistance of HUD officials, for the Flint Area Enterprise Community Zone, as part of the Homeownership Zone. This was done during the Stanley administration under the direction of DCED Director Alexander Thomas. Thomas also approved the Manhattan place and OK Industries 108 loans, both of which are in default

This finding is expected to be cleared..

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

There's a couple letters from HUD to the city at
http://flintspotlight.com/?page_id=106

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 am
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:41 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: council showdown on Eason's tangled webs coming

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive'"
Shakespeare-Twelfth night

This monday nights council meeting will be a showdown of sorts because some in council have quietly been gathering information behind the scenes. There won't be a screaming match just some resolute council stating the facts and refusing to get tangled up in the web of deceit being spun by the administration.

The presentation on Neighborhood Stabilization Project 2 funds by the MSHDA contractor,Capital Access will take place in the council chambers. As always in a tangled web of deceit you will find pieces of the truth. Sarginson called HUD and was told these contractors were here for an asessment while Eason tried to spin it in a positive manner. Word is their asessment will result ina report of of Flint's progress and capacity to manage the program in March. Lawler specifically asked Eason if failure to complete NSP1 successfully would result in the loss of NSP2 funds and Eason said no. Lawler has been to the Cities of Promise and other state meetings and contradicted Eason.

Eason and Atkinson blamed the previous DCED director for not developing the higher level of performance standards required in the NSP funding.

But many in council know that Nancy kept council advised of her progress by coming to council and explaining the process. Most of the work was done when Brown replaced Nancy jurkiewicz-Rich with Tracy Atkinson as Nancy was prepared to go forward with the performance measures and contracts in May, 2009. DCED will now be "burning the clock" and leaving themselves little leeway on the 18 mo commitment time frame. Kincaid asked Tracy Atkinson some direct questions as he knows the process. Expect more of the same.

Eason has pulled staff off key projects and wants to reorganize the office by making job titles very specific. Nancy always credited Jack Litzenberg for teaching her to make the job descriptions more generic so that people could work on a larger variety of projects. Thus there would not be HUD findings over staffing issues and the work would get done.

Kincaid specifically asked about who was getting the Director's pay and Eason kept up the mantra that he was running the office. Tracy Atkinson has been receiving the pay, which is important as any supervisor of the department is required by HUD to be paid primarily with general fund money as they work on more than HUD projects. Word is that Tracy has used so much general fund money there may not be enough to pay the employees who are 50% general funded for working on state projects like Cities of Promise.

That means Wendy Johnson would allso have to be paid her $80k salary (this year) out of general funds as she could not be Director and be paid out of NSP administrative funds. She would only be able to work on NSP programs. Freeman has the informaation.

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am
untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Hud is required to perform an annual monitoring visit. They have usually made trips to Flint more than once per year. Expect them next week.

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:20 pm
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:48 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: The best little whorehouse in Flint?

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

If you saw the 1982 movie "The Best little Whorehouse in Texas", one of the most memorable scenes was Charles Durning as the Governor as he performed "The Sidestep".

"Ooh I love to dance the little sidestep/ Now they see me, now they don't/ I've come and gone/ And, ooh, I love to sweep a wide step/ Cut a little swath/ and lead the people on!"

Flint doesn't have a Charles Durning, but we do have the great team of Greg Eason, playing the City Administrator, and Peter Bade, playing the City Attorney. Together they can create a sidestep worthy of Broadway.

Sidestep #1
City administration supercedes resolution 090784, (which allowed the money from the Attorney General settlement with Countrywide Financial to be used for a magistrate in 68th district Court) with resolution 100102 to now use the money for code enforcement. Only problem is the District Court has been paying a magistrate since July 2009. According to Eason, the state "had issues with the city using the money for the magistrate", but approved it's use for code enforcement.

Kincaid repeatedly asked Eason where the money came from to pay the magistrate, but each time Eason went into a discussion of the AG's decision (made many months ago) and the administrations new resolve to use the money for code enforcement.

He then went on to say this would give council $50k more for cose enforcement than the $200k they took from plans to do energy improvements on the Oak Business Center. He said they would be bringing a resolution to restore the 200K to oak.

A second response was to advise council that he and Bade were working on a tribunal for code enforcement to eliminate the need for a magistrate. Bade had to manuever around this one because the issue has not been completely worked out.

Bottom line is Eason never had o explain where the money was coming from to pay for the magistrate.He also never had to explain why Judge Hayman still believed it was from the settlement. A frustrated Kincaid quit asking, but the resolve to settle the issue was all over his face. In other words, the saga will continue!

Sidestep #2 (attempted)
Who is in charge of Code Enforcement and is it legal? Neeley repeatedly asked who was in charge of code enforcement and he refused to be sidestepped. After Eason avoided the situation, attention turned to Tom Mccabe, former purchasing director and once in charge of DPW, who replied he was not responsible for that task. Attention finally landed on Parks Director Patrick Gerace, who had illegally been apppointed Neighborhood Services Director until reined in by Council. He is in charge of code enforcement, but did not know he was supposed to be planning it now. The public hearing on the reorganization to give Gerace that power has not even been approved yet. Kincaid said little, but you can be sure he will remember it.

Sidestep #3 (went down in flames)
Resolution #100092 Appointment/ Wendy Johnson/Director of Community and Economic development

When the discussion didn't go her way a frustrated Jackie poplar demanded that Eason confirm her assertion the appointment was because "HUD expected us to hire someone so we (city) will be in compliance".

Council wanted Johnson there so they could question her credentials for the job. She was not there at this time of the meeting so it was postponed and the discussion was for how long. That is when thing got heated!

Eason shocked everyone when he resolutely told council he had an executive order to fill that position. Peter Bade chimed in with a need to review the law to see exactly what city council approval meant. Inez got out her copy of the charter and it was read into the record .Bade hemhawed around about reviewing to see if the appointment could be made by executive order and if it could supercede council.

An upset Josh Freeman told Eason the charter gave clear role to council to vet the position. Neeley reminded Eason the mayor personally came to council to apologize for illegally violating the charter when he appointed Gerace. Now he appears to be telling us he will be doing it on purpose. Kincaid and other council told Bade and Eason that all they had to do is review the last 10 years of lawsuits between council and the mayor's office to see council does have the right to vet the position.

Eason alleged he had been running this department for 6 months. This was despite the OIG report of 9/30/09 which stated on page 4 :
"The city did not renew it's contract with the former director of the department and hired a superintendent of the deparmen on May 1, 2009 to replace the director."

When asked about Superintendent Tracy Atkinson by Josh Freeman, Eason had little to say He did not answer Freeman as to whom was receiving the salary of the director while the position was not filled and would only say he was running the department. Eason forgets Tracy is the one who comes to council to answer questions. Her poor leadership is making the strides of the past years under Nancy decline.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 am

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Webs, what was up with the scanner call about 8:30 requesting a police officer at the council chambers? it would have been ironic if none were available.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:45 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

I can't imagine as council was over. Eric Mays was angry at Bade for not following through on a referral.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:57 am

FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Don't just talk about it, Recall his ass.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:20 am

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
I can't imagine as council was over. Eric Mays was angry at Bade for not following through on a referral.

That might explain it.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:01 am

back again
F L I N T O I D

why is eric mays even allowed in the room? Shocked

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:54 pm
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Eric Mays is a disrespectful, childish, fool and wanna be bully. He was cursing loudly for about ten minutes, and was literally in the faces councilpeoples and of city officials. He should have been arrested, it was unacceptable and embarrassing.... Good job to the people for being so calm during this whole thing and not dropping down to his level... Yeah that meeting was crazy... I was in the blue tie and grew zip sweater btw Surprised

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 pm

back again
F L I N T O I D

isn't there some type of law disallowing continually disruptive persons from entering city hall? Shocked Shocked

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:54 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

It turns out that the answer given to Kincaid was by Eason about general fund money used for DCED was probably deliberately misleading. As a superintendent, Tracy Atkinson must be paid primarily out of the general fund. HUD assumes the person in charge is also handling duties other than HUD, such as Cities of Promise, etc. and those duties cannot be charged to HUD.

Glenda Dunlap is a person who has duties with HUD and other entities such as Economic Development and is considered a 50% HUD reimbursement. Eason made it seem as though she was paid 100% out of general fund. I have been told that only a small portion of general fund money went to pay Robert Goodman as he is primarily Flint Area Enterprise Community and may not have been paid this fiscal year for duties with the EDC.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:34 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Back Again= It didn't help when Jackie Poplar told Mays to go on and get out of here.

Mays was furious that the City Attorney Peter Bade did not complete the investigation requested by Neeley regarding allegations Mays made of charter violations by Eason. he was also angered when Jackie Poplar disrespected Sam Sutton and two of her colleagues. Loyd stepped out of the meeting for a brief time before the meeting got a little crazy. When Loyd returned he appropriately demanded that both council and the public learn to behave in a professional manner.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:43 pm

Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

No, Eric Mays is a grown man, he need's to behave like one, there is absolutely no excuse, it's not Jackie's, Peter's or whoever's fault, it's his... I haven't seen that kind of behavior since I was in elementary, when kids would scream and pout if they couldn't speak... Atleast back then we didn't cuss or get into our teachers face.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:00 pm

FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Greg Eason is on crazy pills you know

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
If you saw the 1982 movie "The Best little Whorehouse in Texas", one of the most memorable scenes was Charles Durning as the Governor as he performed "The Sidestep".

"Ooh I love to dance the little sidestep/ Now they see me, now they don't/ I've come and gone/ And, ooh, I love to sweep a wide step/ Cut a little swath/ and lead the people on!"

Flint doesn't have a Charles Durning, but we do have the great team of Greg Eason, playing the City Administrator, and Peter Bade, playing the City Attorney. Together they can create a sidestep worthy of Broadway.

Sidestep #1
City administration supercedes resolution 090784, (which allowed the money from the Attorney General settlement with Countrywide Financial to be used for a magistrate in 68th district Court) with resolution 100102 to now use the money for code enforcement. Only problem is the District Court has been paying a magistrate since July 2009. According to Eason, the state "had issues with the city using the money for the magistrate", but approved it's use for code enforcement.

Kincaid repeatedly asked Eason where the money came from to pay the magistrate, but each time Eason went into a discussion of the AG's decision (made many months ago) and the administrations new resolve to use the money for code enforcement.

He then went on to say this would give council $50k more for cose enforcement than the $200k they took from plans to do energy improvements on the Oak Business Center. He said they would be bringing a resolution to restore the 200K to oak.

A second response was to advise council that he and Bade were working on a tribunal for code enforcement to eliminate the need for a magistrate. Bade had to manuever around this one because the issue has not been completely worked out.

Bottom line is Eason never had o explain where the money was coming from to pay for the magistrate.He also never had to explain why Judge Hayman still believed it was from the settlement. A frustrated Kincaid quit asking, but the resolve to settle the issue was all over his face. In other words, the saga will continue!

Sidestep #2 (attempted)
Who is in charge of Code Enforcement and is it legal? Neeley repeatedly asked who was in charge of code enforcement and he refused to be sidestepped. After Eason avoided the situation, attention turned to Tom Mccabe, former purchasing director and once in charge of DPW, who replied he was not responsible for that task. Attention finally landed on Parks Director Patrick Gerace, who had illegally been apppointed Neighborhood Services Director until reined in by Council. He is in charge of code enforcement, but did not know he was supposed to be planning it now. The public hearing on the reorganization to give Gerace that power has not even been approved yet. Kincaid said little, but you can be sure he will remember it.

Sidestep #3 (went down in flames)
Resolution #100092 Appointment/ Wendy Johnson/Director of Community and Economic development

When the discussion didn't go her way a frustrated Jackie poplar demanded that Eason confirm her assertion the appointment was because "HUD expected us to hire someone so we (city) will be in compliance".

Council wanted Johnson there so they could question her credentials for the job. She was not there at this time of the meeting so it was postponed and the discussion was for how long. That is when thing got heated!

Eason shocked everyone when he resolutely told council he had an executive order to fill that position. Peter Bade chimed in with a need to review the law to see exactly what city council approval meant. Inez got out her copy of the charter and it was read into the record .Bade hemhawed around about reviewing to see if the appointment could be made by executive order and if it could supercede council.

An upset Josh Freeman told Eason the charter gave clear role to council to vet the position. Neeley reminded Eason the mayor personally came to council to apologize for illegally violating the charter when he appointed Gerace. Now he appears to be telling us he will be doing it on purpose. Kincaid and other council told Bade and Eason that all they had to do is review the last 10 years of lawsuits between council and the mayor's office to see council does have the right to vet the position.

Eason alleged he had been running this department for 6 months. This was despite the OIG report of 9/30/09 which stated on page 4 :
"The city did not renew it's contract with the former director of the department and hired a superintendent of the deparmen on May 1, 2009 to replace the director."

When asked about Superintendent Tracy Atkinson by Josh Freeman, Eason had little to say He did not answer Freeman as to whom was receiving the salary of the director while the position was not filled and would only say he was running the department. Eason forgets Tracy is the one who comes to council to answer questions. Her poor leadership is making the strides of the past years under Nancy decline.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:03 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

What is a crazy pill?

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 pm

back again
F L I N T O I D

mays may very well have had a valid concern but there are ways to conduct oneself in a public setting. if i was a councelperson he would have been put out immediately. i really hate when he comes off with that wino street shit in public. it's disrespectful. (calm down ba........) Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

someday the old guy's coming home to run for council damnit!!!!! Cool Cool

Last edited by back again on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:59 pm

ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
No, Eric Mays is a grown man, he need's to behave like one, there is absolutely no excuse, it's not Jackie's, Peter's or whoever's fault, it's his... I haven't seen that kind of behavior since I was in elementary, when kids would scream and pout if they couldn't speak... Atleast back then we didn't cuss or get into our teachers face.

Pachuco,

Some may think this is a first, but I partially agree with you. I totally agree that Mr. Mays needs to handle himself in a more mature fashion. What is unfortunate is that Mr. Mays is an intellegent man. The first time I actually held a conversation with him, I was shocked at his level of intelligence. Unfortunately, he has not figured out that by ranting and raving and acting the fool, a lot of people do not take him seriously. If you want to be taken seriously, you have to be able to act seriously when the need arises.

With that said, I saw a tape of the meeting council had a couple of Wednesdays ago. Jackie Poplar could not keep her mouth shut when it came to making comments about Sheldon Neely. Every chance she got, she made personal jabs at Mr. Neely. If she has an issue with a proposal or issue dealing with council, then by all means discuss it. That is what she is elected to do. But these personal insults are an unfortunate carry over from the childish behavior of the previous council. Though I have a few issues with Mr. Neely, I will give him props for maintaining a professional demeanor.

With that said, I would like to applaud Mr. Lloyd for intervening and trying to get all sides to act like adults. As I have said before, I will give credit where due, even if I am not a fan of a particular politician (and no, I am not a big fan of Mr. Lloyd's).

I am cautiously hopeful that this council will have the cajones to stand up to the Mayor when needed. But as the saying goes, "Talk is Cheap!" Let's see if that talk carries over into action. Our charter spells out how the different branches of City Government can check and balance the other branches. Unfortunately, our past administration did nothing but blow smoke up our A**es and do whatever they wanted without any recourse.

I have especially high hopes for Mr. Weighill and Mr. Freeman. Though I must say that when Ms. Poplar was making her personal attacks on Mr. Neely, Josh threw in a few of his own. Here again, we have an intelligent individual that may let childish behavior get in the way of him being taken a seriously as he could be. Mr. Freeman, if you are reading this, please save your personal comments for your memoirs. Please stay focused on the issues of our City and Council and maintain a professional composure, especially in these very trying times.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:07 pm
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:57 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: The best little whorehouse in Flint?
page 2

back again
F L I N T O I D

well said CC, well said.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:12 pm

ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
What is a crazy pill?

It's a euphemism. It's just like saying some body got beat with an "ugly stick" intead of saying "YOU UGLY!" It's a slightly less offensive way of saying Mr. Eason is crazy.

Personally, I don't think Mr. Eason is crazy. I think he knows exactly what he is doing. I personally believe that he is intentionally trying to sabotage Mr. Walling's administration to set himself up for another run at becoming Mayor. I see two flaws with that. The first is that many people see him as being as bad as Walling because he is pleading ignorance of issues regarding the charter. Who wants to elect a mayor that does not understand the charter that he is swearing to uphold? The second issue is that Walling needs no help at destroying his administration; he is doing that very nicely on his own.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ConcernedCitizen schreef:

quote:
Pachuco schreef:

Pachuco,

Some may think this is a first, but I partially agree with you. I totally agree that Mr. Mays needs to handle himself in a more mature fashion. What is unfortunate is that Mr. Mays is an intellegent man. The first time I actually held a conversation with him, I was shocked at his level of intelligence. Unfortunately, he has not figured out that by ranting and raving and acting the fool, a lot of people do not take him seriously. If you want to be taken seriously, you have to be able to act seriously when the need arises.

With that said, I saw a tape of the meeting council had a couple of Wednesdays ago. Jackie Poplar could not keep her mouth shut when it came to making comments about Sheldon Neely. Every chance she got, she made personal jabs at Mr. Neely. If she has an issue with a proposal or issue dealing with council, then by all means discuss it. That is what she is elected to do. But these personal insults are an unfortunate carry over from the childish behavior of the previous council. Though I have a few issues with Mr. Neely, I will give him props for maintaining a professional demeanor.

With that said, I would like to applaud Mr. Lloyd for intervening and trying to get all sides to act like adults. As I have said before, I will give credit where due, even if I am not a fan of a particular politician (and no, I am not a big fan of Mr. Lloyd's).

I am cautiously hopeful that this council will have the cajones to stand up to the Mayor when needed. But as the saying goes, "Talk is Cheap!" Let's see if that talk carries over into action. Our charter spells out how the different branches of City Government can check and balance the other branches. Unfortunately, our past administration did nothing but blow smoke up our A**es and do whatever they wanted without any recourse.

I have especially high hopes for Mr. Weighill and Mr. Freeman. Though I must say that when Ms. Poplar was making her personal attacks on Mr. Neely, Josh threw in a few of his own. Here again, we have an intelligent individual that may let childish behavior get in the way of him being taken a seriously as he could be. Mr. Freeman, if you are reading this, please save your personal comments for your memoirs. Please stay focused on the issues of our City and Council and maintain a professional composure, especially in these very trying times.

Well said Surprised . But hey I am just curious, what comments did Ms. Poplar and Mr. Freeman say to Mr. Neeley? What was it about and how did it all start.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

The word on the street is that certain council persons were going to isolate Neeley, sort of an unofficial censure. This doesn't make sense as Neeley usuallly offers a consistent and logical point of view.

Poplar appears to be attacking the integrity of the Economic Development Corporation (EDC) and she made a vindictive jab at Neeley because he sits on that body. In my opinion, it is inappropriate to use the names of individuals in reference to their loans as Poplar did, especially when you don't have all of the details. Charter and ordinance prohibits council from representing an individual or a business in the course of their duties as a councilperson. Poplar appeared to be advocating for a particular business to receive a loan from the EDC.

When working with loan packages, especially when using federal money, you must adhere to recommended safe lending practices. Poplar had a list of loans in arrearage, and it appeared a list of loans approved and loans denied. Without reviewing the contents of the credit report and the rest of the loan package, no one can assert whether or not an individual is deserving of a loan. She then made disparaging remarks about 2 other individuals, one of Middle Eastern descent. Her demeanor was extremely unbecoming.

Josh, for whatever reason, got sharp with Neeley over the discussion items and whether or not to postpone them as the meeeting was running long. He implied most of these items were Neeleys and they were frequently being postponed. This was not the case and Freeman joked with Neeley regarding the discussion items at last nights meeting.

Eric is like some other people I have encountered who are quick to anger if they believe they have been disrespected.

I have to give props to Loyd who exhibited a strong resolve to lead council in a respectful and professional manner. He has grown significantly.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 pm
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:03 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Freedom of Speech Blocked By Dayne about Public Saftey

Bluecat1122
F L I N T O I D

Just wanted to bring this post to everyone's attention that may not have heard about it. It's alleging that Dayne Walling is removing comments on his own blog that support public safety. The argument is based on the fact that since the blog is linked directly to the city's official website, AND encourages citizens to come to the blog and post their comments, he's violating First Amendment Rights by editing out what he doesn't agree with.

If this is true, it's completely unfair and to the public to hear biased information (that only he wants to read), and it's a clear that he can careless what the public thinks.

http://www.tellwallingno.com/tellwalling/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9

Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:06 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

From TellWallingNo

Freedom of Speech Blocked By Dayne about Public Saftey
by Bobbyljohnson » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:54 pm

I use Facebook as a Platform to post the truth as others do on Mayor Wallings Facebook Page.. On or around the 10th day of March 2010 I was posting on the facebook site the fact that the Mayor was Violating his oath to Office by not up holding the constitution of the State of Michigan which says the we have equal protection of the Law... I was blocked.. I then pointed out to the Mayor via private Message that the Facebook was attached to the city of Flint web site so there for is not a Private Facebook and he had no right to block any person to censor their Freedom of Speech and now he was violating the the Constitution of the United States.. I also Pointed out that he could not us the budget as why they were blocking people due to Facebook is a Free service..
I soon Found that Others had been blocked also for there support of the Flint Fire and Police and not wanting the Lay offs.
I wrote a Letter to the City Council that Very same day I was Blocked notifying them of the violation of the Freedom of Speech.. I then Printed the city web site page with the Mayor and the link saying Join us on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Mobile and another service.. I will point out to you that the link for Facebook and Myspace was Removed due to you can post documents that we can prove our side of an Issue.. Twitter you can not have the interaction as you can on the other two.. I then went on the Radio 1470 during a Call in and asked the Mayor why they blocked me from the Facebook account.. I was cut off and then I heard the answer was he did not like people posting VICIOUS things on his PRIVATE facebook page.. However by them cutting me off I was not able to Defend My self... and what I was posting.. and I was also not able to point out that the account was hooked to the City site. there for is not a Private facebook acct.. I feel that he has Taken a Form of Media away from the people that was offered to cover his Rear. and has taken mine and others Freedom of speech by defending the Police and Fire employees as they were... I feel this is not right and another way to stop the word and the true of what is really happening due to I was Posting the Paper work. as well others was posting the budget and other documents and websites to show the Facts of what ever we where exercising our Freedom of Speech.. By Blocking us from the Public advertised and linked Site they are in Violation and we need your support telling them so..Bobbyljohnson

Private message

Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:08 pm

munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Pahahahaha you say he is violating the First Amendment!? Ok to do that he would have to be suffocating all free speech, and I'm pretty sure if you want to picket on city hall, you can. If you want to go to open office hours, you can. If you want to write a letter to the editor, you can. Lets think did flint even have a blog a year ago? No. Free speech is quite free, heck look at this forum. A grand example of free speech (no matter how pathetic the logic). To say that he is violating free speech is not only hilarious, but shows a gross misunderstanding of the Constitution.

Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Putting a link to his facebook page in the city's web site implies that it is not a private page, and is endorsed by the city. ALL comments should be allowed, just as they are here, at tellwallingno, and flintspotlight. Walling's actions remind me of the daily kos, huffington post & little green footballs, where commenters are regularly banned. If he only wants suck-up posts, he should clearly state that on his page.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:07 am

Furnitureguy
F L I N T O I D

The spoiled little brat did that to me also. I posted a something which was not in support of him getting rid of cops and apparently he did not like it so he erased it. We have a spoiled child in office folks...

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:30 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Munnbreslin- once again your stupidity is showing! Council violated certain individuals first amendment rights by not applying the rules uniformly. Certain individuals were allowed extra time when speaking if council agreed with their message. Those who had a message that council did not like were not given extra time. Rules on first amendment requires that all individuals are given the same rights. So if extra time is given for one, then it must be given to all who ask.

The Mayor appears to have created an open forum and in that venue, he cannot discriminate unless the person slanders an individual or gets profane. Even then the rules need to be posted and applied uniformly.

Attorney Tom Pabst has communicated with the administration over a similar issue and has put the council on notice. If they continue to violae individuals rights, they and the taxpayers will pay.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:32 pm

back again
F L I N T O I D

tom pabst takes NO prisoners....

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:47 pm

munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Whoa whoa whoa webs, where did you read the first amendment? The constitution says that the government shall not deny the right, not that all shall be given the right exactly equally. My lord have you ever taken an american government class? (i'm guessing no, its usually with an economics class, something this forum has never heard of.)

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:11 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

The Public Forum: Minimum Access, Equal Access, and the First Amendment
Sheila M. Cahill
Stanford Law Review, Vol. 28, No. 1 (Nov., 1975), pp. 117-148
(article consists of 32 pages)
Published by: Stanford Law Review
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1228229

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:56 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

quote:
munnbreslin schreef:
Whoa whoa whoa webs, where did you read the first amendment? The constitution says that the government shall not deny the right, not that all shall be given the right exactly equally. My lord have you ever taken an american government class? (i'm guessing no, its usually with an economics class, something this forum has never heard of.)

SPEECH DISCRIMINATION
the First Amendment's aversion to content-based speech discrimination, ...... John E. Fee, The Takings Clause as a Comparative Right, 76 S. CAL. L. REV. ...
http://www.bu.edu/law/central/jd/organizations/journals/bulr/volume85n4/Fee.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:27 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

When it comes to public forums, having rules that prohibit speech discrimination is central to the argument of Free Speech. When council creates rules that inhibits the free expression of ideas becauses it descriminates as to the speech content, then it violates the first amendment.

See above, John Fee on the subject.

"The first amendment means that governmrnt has no power to restrict expression because of it's message, its ideas, its subject matters, or its content."

Councils rules that give greater expression of speech to those whose ideas please them discriminates against those who are not accorded the same opportunity of expression.

read the First amendment center materials. I have! They have one piece of literature that specifically states that public forum time limits should be uniform and not discriminatory.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:40 pm
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:13 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Wendy Johnson and Nancy Jurkiewicz Rich teaming up?

FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Don't look now but it looks as though Wendy J. and Nancy J. are teaming up together!

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:08 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Bad information Mole. Nancy doesn't even know Wendy Johnson nor does she have any inclination to return to the city. She has plans for the next month and they don't include partnering with Wendy Johnson.

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:53 pm

FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Give it a couple weeks and it will come out as it always does.

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:37 pm

ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

If Walling wanted to bring Nancy back, and Nancy was interested (which the last I heard she had no interest), it would be the best thing Walling could do for the DCED. But if Nancy came back, there sure would be no need for Wendy Johnson. She's not qualified, especially ethically .

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:04 pm

FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Wendy J has talk to Nancy J about bring The Fourteenth Annual Statewide Preservation Conference to Flint next year. Wink She is pushing to make her neighborhood a historic district, now sitting in city hall she has more power than ever to do that.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:29 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Word is she has promised certain residents that she can give them $35,000 grants for renovation if they help her historic district efforts. Anyone for extortion?

I don't believe she has spoken to Nancy, especially recently.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:09 am

Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

At our last Historic District Commission meeting the chairwoman of the HDC Nancy Sinclair mentioned that these two would be working together on bringing the conference here next year.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:13 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, I take it you mean Nancy Sinclair and Wendy Johnson and not Nancy J?

Isn't there a conflict-of-interest for Wendy to be still involved in the historic district when she oversees the grants? Word is Lawler thinks the historic designation will allow them to receive federal money.

When the Concerned Pastors couldn't even put a complete grant application together for the CWAC, both Lawler and Nolden came running to their aid.

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:19 am

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Since when did conflicts of interest or shady dealings of any type bother the walling administration or the council?

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:34 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
????

Quite simply Derrick:

Wendy Johnson is the new Director of DCED
Wendy Johnson is also the driving force of the attempt to make Metawaneenee Hills into a historic district.

Wendy Johnson is in a conflict if she uses the resources of her office in anttempt to realize her goal of a historic district.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:06 pm

ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

I just read an article in East Village Magazine. It talks about Wendy Johnson and HER plans for the Metawanenee Historic District. She said “many of the homes in the Metawanenee neighborhood are architecturally significant because they were built in the first half of the 20th century, a historic district designation is needed.”

Just because a building was built 60+ years ago, does not mean that it is “historically significant.” The house I live in was built in 1950. Does that mean that it is not historically significant? But if it had been built one year earlier it would now be historically significant?

Are there historically significant houses in the area being discussed? Yes there are, but why designate the entire area when those individual houses could be designated historical? Is this to massage Ms. Johnson’s ego? I have stated before that I believe this woman is not ethically qualified to be the Director of DCED, and I truly believe that she will try to use her position to push this historic district into existence. My hope is that the decision makers outside of Flint have the ability to see through the lies and only designate individual buildings that are truly worthy.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Drive down Welch in the megaweewee hills areas & look at the signs advertising their meeting that are put in the median of Welch. Are they exempt from the ordinance banning this?

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:33 am

Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Well Lynne Waybright and Wendy Johnson are friends.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:05 am

Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ConcernedCitizen schreef:
I just read an article in East Village Magazine. It talks about Wendy Johnson and HER plans for the Metawanenee Historic District. She said “many of the homes in the Metawanenee neighborhood are architecturally significant because they were built in the first half of the 20th century, a historic district designation is needed.”

Just because a building was built 60+ years ago, does not mean that it is “historically significant.” The house I live in was built in 1950. Does that mean that it is not historically significant? But if it had been built one year earlier it would now be historically significant?

Are there historically significant houses in the area being discussed? Yes there are, but why designate the entire area when those individual houses could be designated historical? Is this to massage Ms. Johnson’s ego? I have stated before that I believe this woman is not ethically qualified to be the Director of DCED, and I truly believe that she will try to use her position to push this historic district into existence. My hope is that the decision makers outside of Flint have the ability to see through the lies and only designate individual buildings that are truly worthy.

Wendy now has the poltical office and mayor behind her. Those of you who fear her better!!!

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:46 am
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:31 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Wendy Johnson and Nancy Jurkiewicz Rich teaming up?
page 2

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
Well Lynne Waybright and Wendy Johnson are friends.

HA! That's as far from the truth as you can get.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:05

ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
Wendy now has the poltical office and mayor behind her. Those of you who fear her better!!!

Wendy Johnson should not yet have that position according to the Charter. Yes she was approved by the Council and her salary was approved. But that is supposed to happen a minimum of 30 days before the actual appointment. She took the position immediately. Once again, Walling and his gang of Political Thugs are violating the City Charter, the document he swore to uphold .

I thought violating the charter was grounds for removal from office. He has violated the Charter so many times, it would seem that some sort of process is available to save the taxpayers the expense of a recall and legally remove him from office. Josh Freeman, you are quite familiar with the charter. If you are reading this, please weigh in on the topic. I haven't had time to research the issue yet.

And Derrick, "Those of you who fear her better!!!" That statement doesn't even make sense. Better what? And for the vast majority of us that don't fear her, then what?

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:40 am

Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Concerned,, if Walling has violated the charter why aren't you getting an attorney, going to the ombudsman's office, David Leyton's office, attorney generals office? Why aren't you approaching City Council? Why are you as a citizen of Flint in derelict of your duty as a resident and allowing him to do it?

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:53 am

ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
Concerned,, if Walling has violated the charter why aren't you getting an attorney, going to the ombudsman's office, David Leyton's office, attorney generals office? Why aren't you approaching City Council? Why are you as a citizen of Flint in derelict of your duty as a resident and allowing him to do it?

1) If you read the post I stated that I believed that is possible, but that I have not researched it yet. That is why I asked for Josh Freeman's take on it since he is well versed on the Charter.

Sec. 1-603 FORFEITURE OF OFFICE AND REMOVAL FOR CAUSE.
A. The City Council shall declare the forfeiture of the office of any elective officer or appointee and may remove for cause any person appointed to an office for a fixed term. In every case there shall be a public hearing before the City Council with notice published in the same manner as notices of proposed ordinances. A Council member charged with conduct constituting grounds for forfeiture may not participate in the resolution of the charge.

B. The position of an elective City officer or an appointee shall be forfeited if he or she:

1. Lacks at any time any qualifications required by law or this Charter; or

2. Violates any provisions of this Charter punishable by forfeiture ; or

3. Is convicted of a felony while holding the office or appointment.

My problem is I have not yet located the section that defined " punishable by forfeiture ."

2) If I had the money available, and if these offenses are "punishable by forfeitur", I would indeed be in the courts fighting to remove Walling. As a matter of fact, one of the things you suggested is an avenue that is currently being pursued!

3) If you look at the Constitution of the United States, it gives citizens RIGHTS ; it does not assign DUTIES to them.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:25 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

As I stated in another thread, Lynne does not want to be in an historic district, so that puts her and Wendy in adversarial roles.

Just living near someone does not make you their friend. Wendy knows why they could never be friends.

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:31 pm
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:37 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: University Park tax breaks passes
page 1,

Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mackinac.org/12198

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:23 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Too bad this could not have been enacted a year ago as several homeowners were struggling. Allegations of loans that created hardship as some may have been fraudulent in nature.

Thanks Adam!

Introduced by Rep. Woodrow Stanley (D) on October 29, 2009, to extend "Neighborhood Enterprise Zone" property tax breaks to the University Park Estates subdivision in Flint, which is less than 10 years old, and is in a "renaissance zone" whose tax-exempt status is expiring soon. Under current law, these particular NEZ tax breaks are for subdivisions built before 1968. They cut the owner's local property tax liability on the structure in half.
Referred to the House Urban Policy on October 29, 2009.
Reported in the House on December 1, 2009, without amendment and with the recommendation that the bill pass.
Substitute offered by Rep. Woodrow Stanley (D) on December 8, 2009, to replace the previous version of the bill with one that revises details but does not change the substance of the bill as previously described. The substitute passed in the House by voice vote on December 8, 2009.
Amendment offered by Rep. Tom McMillin (R) on December 8, 2009, to tie-bar the bill to Senate Bill 945, meaning this bill cannot become law unless that one does also. SB 945 would authorize the creation of local “right to work zones,” where employers to join or financially support a union as a condition of employment. The amendment failed in the House by voice vote on December 8, 2009.
Passed in the House (89 to 1Cool on December 8, 2009. [Vote Details and Comments]

Received in the Senate on December 9, 2009.
Referred to the Senate Local, Urban, & State Affairs Committee on December 9, 2009.
Reported in the Senate on February 2, 2010, with the recommendation that the bill pass.
Passed in the Senate (38 to 0) on February 23, 2010, to extend "Neighborhood Enterprise Zone" property tax breaks to the University Park Estates subdivision in Flint, which is less than 10 years old, and is in a "renaissance zone" whose tax-exempt status is expiring soon. Under current law, these particular NEZ tax breaks are for subdivisions built before 1968. They cut the owner's local property tax liability on the structure in half. [Vote Details and Comments]

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:00 am

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

A few tax calculations at http://flintspotlight.com/?page_id=90

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:14 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

I understand the loss of revenue implications, but I also understand the concerns of the residents of University Park. Allegations include faulty and sometimes substandard construction practices that were not dealt with in a timely fashion despite resident complaints. The administrations after Woodrow did not know how to properly address resident concerns or did not care. One or more homes have mold problems due to improper landscaping that allowed water into the homes.

The residents did not have adequate resources to correctly assist them with their issues.

Other allegations that have surfaced was fraudulent mortgages or misinformation that resulted in homeowners having mortgages they ultimately could not afford. It is my understanding they have had many foreclosures.

The residents have struggled to fight crime as they appear to have been targeted for B&Es prior to their crimewatch efforts. If the tax abatements help save University Park, then congrats to Woodrow. He had a lot of support, both democratic and Republican.

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:59 am

Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.roweincorp.com/focusweb/UniversityPark/university_park.htm#background info

Maybe Flint and other cities should take a second look at using Rowe.

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:30 am

LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Why didn't they extend all the zones?

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:05 pm

munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Good to hear. If we want flint to rebound, we need to make it business and resident friendly, lowering taxes is great for both categories.

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:53 pm

1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

Well , Lakewoman, because all that matters to the "leaders " of Flint is are the areas where they and their cronies live and work or own property. The resf of Flintites are on their own, as always.

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:57 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Rowe did not build the homes. I believe it was crosswinds that refused to fix the cracked foundations and other problems. The other developer was more ameniable to helping the homeowners.

One lady had so much mold she was told she should move out. There is a time limit on suing a contractor. This is where city inspectors and other deparments should have been involved to help these people.

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Adam
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for clarifying. I wonder if anything happened to the contractor/s who screwed up.

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

So it can be done! I was told earlier this year that the Ren Zones could not be extended. Magically one of the nicer neighborhoods in Flint gets it extend.

quote:
Adam schreef:
http://www.mackinac.org/12198

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:29 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Worth reading

Page 1 of 2 hb5567/0910 NEZ HOMESTEAD FACILITY H.B. 5567 (H-1 ...
Feb 1, 2010 ... City of Flint. The subdivision was designated a renaissance zone, resulting in the ... stabilize homeownership and mitigate ...
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2009-2010/billanalysis/Senate/pdf/2009-SFA-5567-A.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:53 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

FY 97 Homeownership Zone
Flint, Michigan

AMOUNT OF AWARD:

NEW HOMEOWNER UNITS:
319 (269 new construction, 50 rehabilitation)

PROPOSED COMPLETION:
Unknown

HOMEOWNERSHIP ZONE SITE:
The University Park Homeownership Zone (HOZ) is a 265 acre area located in the middle of Flint. It is near the Central Business District and the Flint campus of the University of Michigan. The Homeownership Zone consists of two subtarget areas that are distinct but connected. The west subtarget area is bounded by Mary Street on the north, Saginaw Street on the east, Fifth Avenue on the south, and Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue on the west. The east subtarget area is bounded by Harriet Street on the north, Industrial Avenue on the east, Cornelia Street on the south, and Saginaw Street on the west. At the time of the Homeownership Zone designation, nearly half of the area consisted of vacant or boarded-up properties, and there had been no new housing development in 12 years.

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
Flint encountered a number of problems that prevented the implementation of the City's original Homeownership Zone proposal. The original proposal called for the development of new homeownership housing located in two subtarget areas - University Park and Smith Village. The City also proposed to rebuild streets and infrastructure, rehabilitate and expand a local community center, create new parks and green space, and initiate a small business support program. While the University Park subtarget area is complete, redevelopment of the Smith Village area stalled. The City is revising its Homeownership Zone strategy and developing a "restart" plan.

FUNDING:

PARTNERS:
Smith Revitalization, LLC — Project Manager
Rowe, Inc — Project Engineer

PROJECT OUTCOMES:
Underway

INNOVATIONS:
Underway

BEST PRACTICES:
Underway

LESSONS LEARNED:
Underway

AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
None

MAP

PICTURES (not available at this time)

Content current as of 23 September 2008 Back to top

FOIA Privacy Web Policies and Important Links Home
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112 TTY: (202) 708-1455
Find the address of a HUD office near you

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:30 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

In federal fiscal years 1996 and 1997 a total of 11 cities were eatabished as Homeownership Zones. Flint, Michigan was approved in 1997 and was funded with $20 million of recaptured Nehimiah Grant funds. No new funds were have been authorized since 1997. The funding grant award of $2,013,000 was awarded on March 27,1998 for the University Park Homeownership Zone. Flint was to construct 319 new units of homes, of which a minimum of 51%, or 163 units were to be sold to low to moderate income families. Completion of the Home Ownership Zone was originally December of 2003.

The premise of the Homeownership Zone is the idea that the construction of mixed income single family homes near near centers of employment will help revivie neighborhoods in need of revitalization.

The majority of home buyers assisted must have incomes that do not exceed 80% of the HUD median income, which is adjusted by family size.

University Park was constructed, but Smith village stalled.

In 2004 Hud officials, concerned with the lack of progress, advised flint they must have a reasonable strategy for completion of the Homeownership Zone. In february of 2005 HUD demanded notice of Flints intention of coming up with a strategy or terminating the zone. HUD's College of experts came in to facillitate the execution of a new strategy. Flint was advised not to draw down any new funds until notified by HUD.

Nancy Jurkiewiicz-rich complied with all requests made by Anna Maria Farias, Deputy Assistant Secretary for grant Programs at HUD for the restart of the program. Failure to complete this project would have resulted in repayment of $1.1 million from the city's general fund.

Problems arose within the structure of the Citizens District Council and an inability to get approval of plans designed for the district. After the developer backed out because of the delay, a second developer was turned down because the group now wanted the first set of designs. Issues related to purchase prices within the Smith village area arose as the city was concerned the asking prices were out of line. The council became involved in political activities and may have held an illegal forum The forum was shown on channel 17 9comcast) and one of the leaders endorsed a candidate.

John Carpenter reworked the program to tie in to Hurley and their rehabilitation efforts. Williams street leads from near Doyle Ryder school toward 8th that goes to Hurley.

At the City wide advisory council grant review of CDBG and HOME funds from HUD, Flint Odyssey House was advised their request for $2 million of HOME funds was too high as only $1.4 million was available for grants. Odyssey House proposes building 22 townhouses for a total cost of $4.8 million in Smith village. They are also requesting MSHDA money and recovery funds.

Odyssey House was the proposed developer over 10 years ago before they encountered IRS and other tax difficulties.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

The September 2009 OIG audit erroneously attributed funds of $2.5 million to Flint area Enterprise Community Inc. The funds were actually earmarked, with the assistance of HUD officials, for the Flint Area Enterprise Community Zone, as part of the Homeownership Zone. This was done during the Stanley administration under the direction of DCED Director Alexander Thomas. Thomas also approved the Manhattan place and OK Industries 108 loans, both of which are in default

This finding is expected to be cleared..

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

The groups building in downtown went to Lansing and basically wrote their own extensions for 4 buildings. Citizens from University Park came and requested similar treatment but were told that option was not available.

To Woodrow Stanley's credit, that option for residential did not exist at that time but he managed a revision to get it passed with overwheming support.

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:29 pm
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: University Park tax breaks passes
page 2

Adam
F L I N T O I D

From Woodrow Stanley:

"Flint Residents to Receive Property Tax Relief
On Tuesday, my plan to create property tax abatements for residents in Flint neighborhoods – including the University Parks subdivision – unanimously passed though the Michigan Senate. The plan now heads to the Governor's desk to be signed into law.

I am pleased with the bipartisan support this plan received from my colleagues in the House and Senate and that it was moved quickly through the legislative process. I look forward to working with Mayor Walling and the Flint City Council to get this plan implemented, and help Flint residents get the property tax relief they need.

For more information on this plan, please contact my office toll-free at (888) 966-3034 or e-mail ..."

Last edited by Adam on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:00 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Here is the Request for Proposal (RFP) issued by the City of Flint to work on the Smith Village project. Since the City Wide Advisory Council only heard one proposal it seems that Odyssey House has the project locked up although their funding is iffy st the moment. They propose a 22 unit Townhouse project costing $4.8 million. The sale of these units will be heavily subsidized with taxpayer money. (over $100,000 per unit)

Flint Homeownership Zone/Smith Village Neighborhood Redevelopment Area. •. Near Greenview Manor. •. In the City's University Avenue/Hurley Redevelopment ...
http://www.cityofflint.com/DCED/pdf/RFP_Housing.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Good ole boy network in the works here

Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:49 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Law sponsored by state Rep. Woodrow Stanley could bring tax relief to Flint's University Park neighborhood
By Kristin Longley | Flint Journal
March 10, 2010, 10:42AM

Woodrow StanleyFLINT, Michigan — Residents of subdivisions like Flint's University Park Estates could receive property tax abatements under a state law sponsored by Rep. Woodrow Stanley, D-Flint.

The new law amends the state’s Neighborhood Enterprize Zone Act to extend tax abatements to qualifying Flint neighborhoods — University Park, for example.

The only city that had qualified for the enterprise zone perks under state law was Detroit. Stanley’s measure was signed into law this week.

“Flint has been one of the hardest hit cities during this economic crisis and too many of our residents are struggling to make ends meet,” Stanley said. “This plan is a step in the right direction toward stabilizing and revitalizing our neighborhoods.”

Neighborhood Enterprise Zones allow homeowners within qualifying geographic boundaries to receive reduced property taxes for a fixed period of time. The maximum is 12 years.

The zones are established by local governments who meet the qualifications of an “eligible distressed community.”

Stanley's amendment added language that extends the abatements to subdivisions platted after Jan. 1, 1999, in counties about the size of Genesee County and in cities about the size of Flint.

Flint’s enterprise zone must be approved by the mayor and city council before it can take effect.

There are more than 150 homes in the University Park subdivision.

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:14 pm

FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Here is the Request for Proposal (RFP) issued by the City of Flint to work on the Smith Village project. Since the City Wide Advisory Council only heard one proposal it seems that Odyssey House has the project locked up although their funding is iffy st the moment. They propose a 22 unit Townhouse project costing $4.8 million. The sale of these units will be heavily subsidized with taxpayer money. (over $100,000 per unit)

Flint Homeownership Zone/Smith Village Neighborhood Redevelopment Area. •. Near Greenview Manor. •. In the City's University Avenue/Hurley Redevelopment ...
http://www.cityofflint.com/DCED/pdf/RFP_Housing.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

Look deeper into this, more than beats the eye

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:34 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Odyssey House is not a CHDO or did not request CHDO operating funds..

MSHDA declined to build additional properties for Kate Fields and GECA because the subsidies were too high. The subsidies here are even greater. They need credible proof of additional funding.

They requested an amount greater than this years HOME dollar allocation. Flint would have to reprogram HOME dollars.

They do not have a good prior record when it comes to use of past federal funds with Flint. Within previous years, they lost considerable amounts of properties because of unpaid taxes and had tax liens.

Allegations were raised in the past that they used rehab patients as construction workers without providing workman's compensation and other employment benefits. This would circumvent the prevailing wage component.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:57 am

Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Isn't Odyssey a drug rehab place?

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:17 am

1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

I want tax credits too! Why is it the damn downtown dwellers get EVERYTHING ? Walling and everyone acts like there are no other parts to the dammed city expect Downtown and the East Village. This Fing sucks!

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:13 pm
message Send e-mail Reply with quote

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
I want tax credits too! Why is it the damn downtown dwellers get EVERYTHING ? Walling and everyone acts like there are no other parts to the dammed city expect Downtown and the East Village. This Fing sucks!

Don't forget the northeast village area in the 3rd ward, where 5th ward councilman lawler is a wheel in the citizen's district council. Also, home of Foss Avenue baptist Church, where lawler, eason & Kinkaid are members.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:08 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:

Yes, but they got into home construction and remodeling many years ago. They were unsuccessful then and I don't expect better of them now.. They got into trouble with Career Alliance and the Odyssey House program STRIVE. I don't know if that issue is resolved.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:03 am
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:04 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Page 3
untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

quote:
TheDonSupporter schreef:

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:

Yes, but they got into home construction and remodeling many years ago. They were unsuccessful then and I don't expect better of them now.. They got into trouble with Career Alliance and the Odyssey House program STRIVE. I don't know if that issue is resolved.

Didn't Greg Eason get into some trouble with Job Corps?

Greg Eason got into trouble with Career Alliance. He settled 2 sexual harassment cases without board approval or knowledge. He was forced out. He was with a banking education nonprofit but left shortly after he deposited a fraudulent check for about $57K. He was sued for the money about the time he was running for Mayor. He repaid the money.
I don't know how succcessful his new consulting business was as he applied to be President and CEO of Kate Fields company Advanced Solutions Group LLC. She shows a 51% female owned business, but no board of directors or other members.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:55 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

I forgot to mention that Easons buddy Jackie Foster was also named in one law suit.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:09 pm
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:16 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Williams Street is done!

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

I drove down ML King yesterday and saw Williams street was finally open. What a difference. When John Carpenter told me of his vision for that street, I did not imagine it would be so dramatic.

This formerly overgrown street has been beautifully transformed. While not all of the historic lights have been installed, all of the dead trees and brush are gone, the street is wider and ready for the 5 homes that were to be built, Sewer and water upgrades were completed as part of the street renovation.

Carpenter will drive you nuts with his mantra about what is needed for a successful development and he concluded this was the best place to start the rebirth of Smith Village. Williams Street starts almost at the door of the beautiful Doyle Ryder School. Ie goes west to Ml King and can join 8th Street leading to Hurley. With all the other improvements to Hurley and the demolition of unsafe housing going on in the vicinity of Hurley, this was an opportunity to collaborate on potential housing for Hurley employees.

Good job John!

Unfortunately the dumpers are hitting Chippewa Street again. when is Speed going to do something with the old Florist warehouse on Wood and saginaw. It needs to be torn down. A mountain off tires are appearing on Chippewa Street and some fresh trash bags are behind Speeds building.

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:15 am
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:21 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

* Dumping is still going on. Williams was designed to be a through street only. Smith Village changes placed driveways into Williams and construction vehicle placed dirt over the curb to access the sites.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:25 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: hOMEOWNERSHIP ZONE TERMINATED

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Walling received a letter dated March 20th stating HUD was terminating Flint's Homeownership Zone and the city must repay the $1.2 million from the general fund. Flint cannot use future federal funds to repay. Flint may try to repeal the decision.

Blame Brown and Walling because they got rid of the people who were trying to resolve the 12 year old plan. Nancy Jerkiewicz-Rich got a new start up pan which was being implemented by John Carpenter. Also blame some on the Smith Village CDC and former 5th Ward Carolyn Sims who couldn't or wouldn't decide on a developer and delayed implementation.

Eason and Atkinson have to share a portion of the blame due to their ineptitude and unwillingness to cooperate with HUD.

Hud met with Wendy Johnson. Seems all of these positions Eason has been telling council could be funded with HUD money are a violation of CDBG rules 24 CFR 570.206 and 92.207, When are we going to get competant people in this department and get Greg Eason out.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:30 pm

lacyw
F L I N T O I D

I'm wondering if Eason did not know full well that those HUD funds could not be used for other endeavors. I think he like many in government positions was just hoping to line a few pockets and be on to something else before HUD found it. Then it would be the next persons problem. It just caught up to him before he got out. I think we gonna hear a claim of ignorance, then some stalling, then some begging for repeal.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:02 pm

FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Walling received a letter dated March 20th stating HUD was terminating Flint's Homeownership Zone and the city must repay the $1.2 million from the general fund. Flint cannot use future federal funds to repay. Flint may try to repeal the decision.

Blame Brown and Walling because they got rid of the people who were trying to resolve the 12 year old plan. Nancy Jerkiewicz-Rich got a new start up pan which was being implemented by John Carpenter. Also blame some on the Smith Village CDC and former 5th Ward Carolyn Sims who couldn't or wouldn't decide on a developer and delayed implementation.

Eason and Atkinson have to share a portion of the blame due to their ineptitude and unwillingness to cooperate with HUD.

Hud met with Wendy Johnson. Seems all of these positions Eason has been telling council could be funded with HUD money are a violation of CDBG rules 24 CFR 570.206 and 92.207, When are we going to get competant people in this department and get Greg Eason out.

----------------------------------------------------
They realize they screwed up and now are planning to announce it was not the current administrations fault , rather Williamsons.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:52 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

---------------------------------------------------

They realize they screwed up and now are planning to announce it was not the current administrations fault , rather Williamsons.

This was in effect for 12 years. Under Williamson, the plan was restarted and the reconstruction of Williams street started. Finally homes were going to be built.

Members of the Citizens District Council owned propeerty and wanted to sell it for mega-bucks. A developer was selected years ago and Sims and the Smith Village CDC argued until the developer backed out. After more bids , a new developer. But lo and behold, now the CDC wanted the developer that walked away.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:56 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

HUD has never allowed recipients of federal funds to pay 100% of staff involved with economic development.

The Office of Inspector General in Washington DC and the FBI are the designated agencies to investigate fraud with the new recovery monies.
Because these funds are vulnerable to fraud, they have may the standards to trigger an investigation "a reasonable doubt". Expect news on an OIG complaint soon. And walling won't be able to blame anyone but himself.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:01 am
Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:33 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: