FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Bishop Bernadel Jefferson running for office

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Bishop Jefferson is running for the Genesee County seat being vacated by District 1 commissioner Omar Sims. After hearing her speech below, she must be running for the wrong office as the issues she rallies the people behind are dealt with on the state level.

She rallies behind the Civil Rights movement and supports democracy as opposed to the Emergency manager laws, and voter suppression.

She supports recalls for those who were "elected to say what we say" (the voters).

"We won't stand for it". "We won't sit down". "We won't shut up". are only a few of her slogans in support of her positions, She also is a party to the lawsuit filed against the Emergency Manager law.

Bishop Jefferson Talks Democracy, Voting Rights at ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4tiifHRN6w

By peaceedcenter ·
10 min ·
114 views ·
Added Apr 29, 2012

Bishop Bernadel L. Jefferson of Faith Deliverance Center Church in Flint, Michigan, talks about democracy, voting rights, women's rights, and Michigan's ...
Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:56 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Bishop Jefferson was on th Mike Killbreath radio show this morning. Either she has not thought out her reasoning for running well or the show host was unable to direct her in the right direction.

I was surprised to hear the promo that she was running against an unqualified candidate. It appears she is alleging Flint City Councilman Bryant Nolden is unqualified to run for county office because he did not vote as she and other activists wanted him to vote on the transition phase. The anger is being directed at Nolden when the vote was 5 to 4 in favor of telling the state the council was willing ti initiate this phase. I don't know how the state would interpret a no vote but Earley could have entered the plan without council.

All she discussed was the Flint City Council, her anger about the Emergency manager Law and her anger at Nolden. This is outside the purview of the County Commission and seems more lke revenge.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:10 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... - Religion - Nairaland

Aug 28, 2013 ... One of those scriptures we've misused and quote out of context is Ps. 105.15. An individual in the place of leadership, within the body of Christ ...

www.nairaland.com/1414885/lie-preached-pulpit
Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:13 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

₦airaland Forum
Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1235970 members, 1644672 topics. Date: Friday, 18 April 2014 at 06:13 PM

The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... - Religion - Nairaland
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... (20645 Views)
Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? / Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)
The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... by infonubia(m): 2:02am On Aug 28, 2013
"..Saying, Do not touch My anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm..." - Psalms 105:15.

Someone once told me that " when a man takes the TEXT out of CONTEXT, he becomes a CON - An instance of deceiving or tricking someone".

And in my experience in church and "Christianese" that is what God's word has become to many of us, a means to an end.

We want money we quote "..Give and it shall be given to you..", meanwhile that scripture has nothing to do with money.

When we want to teach people greed that we call Prosperity, we quote "..money answereth all things...", but on the contrary, that scripture points out clearly those things that money have answers to, if only we would read in context and not read our GREED into HIS CREED!

One of those scriptures we've misused and quote out of context is Ps. 105.15. An individual in the place of leadership, within the body of Christ has misused his/her authority or abused his/her office, instead of taking up the cloak of humility, we respond with either by citing the story of Moses and his siblings in Numbers 12:4-10, then back it up with Ps. 105.15 or 'we' place people under a curse { I wonder if we understand scriptures at all ... we place God's people under a curse, after that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the Law, being made a curse for us} HABA!!! O ga ooo. I hope to look into that another time, if God wills.

The truth about Psalms 105:15.

This psalm was written by David, it was first delivered up into the hands of Asaph (a Levite, Chief of those appointed by David, to minister before the Ark of God) and his brethren in the day they brought the Ark of God into the midst of tent that David pitched (that is what the bible would latter call the tabernacle of David).

This Psalm was PROBABLY rewritten (or formatted, in today's language) as additional verses were latter seen to be added, which were not originally there. Compare [1 Chronicles 16:8-36 <=WITH=> Ps. 105:1-15(THEN check verses 16-45 of Ps. 105)]

Who is [are] the anointed [ones] and the prophets?

1. This Psalm was a psalm of thanksgiving from the position of what God has done in the history past of Israel as a nation or a people. So David was not talking about himself or someone or some people in the future.

2. Read this scripture from any translation, you will discover that it is talking about a COMMUNITY of people not AN INDIVIDUAL!!!

Read Ps. 105. from verses 12-15
When they were few in number, Indeed very few, and strangers in it.
When they went from one nation to another, From one kingdom to another people,
He permitted no one to do them wrong; Yes, He rebuked kings for their sakes,
Saying, 'Do not touch My anointed ones, And do My prophets no harm.'

These verses summarize the past of this community of people, and how God kept them.

There are three major events in scriptures that spells out what these verses are talking about:

a.) Dinah, Jacob's daughter got Molested: Gen 34:1-35:1-5.

When Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite Molested Dinah and afterwards will want to marry her, Simeon and Levi her brothers through deception killed all the males in that city because of what Shechem had done to their sister.

Hear what Jacob said from where the statement "When they were few in number" came in Gen. 34:30
Then Jacob said to Simeon and Levi, You have troubled me by making me obnoxious among the inhabitants of the land, among the Canaanites and the Perizzites; and since I AM FEW IN NUMBER [ did you see that? ], they will gather themselves together against me and kill me. I shall be destroyed, my household and I.

See how verses Ps. 105:15 then occur in this case: Gen. 35:5
..And they journeyed, and the terror of God was upon the cities that were all around them, and they did not pursue the sons of Jacob...

So, the anointed [ones] and the prophets here is the whole community not just an individual. [For the record, Simeon and Levi were punished for that action later by their father.]

b.) Twice, Abraham traded his wife for his safety: Gen.12:10-20,20:1-18.

If you read these verses,
When they went from one nation to another, From one kingdom to another people,
He permitted no one to do them wrong;Yes, He rebuked kings for their sakes,..

You wonder how? This correlate with the life and times of Abraham. He had married his own sister i.e Sarah (from the same father but NOT the same mother). She was very pretty so much that at an old age of Sixty plus, kings were still "running" after her. Abraham knew that his wife was beautiful so he had a pact with her saying " always tell them you are my sister!" for his own safety.

Twice, this happened, and twice God rebuked kings!! In fact, in one case, God told the king in a dream you are a dead man. Why? "....because of the woman whom you have taken, for she is a man's wife.?" and called Abraham a prophet, who will pray healing for him and his household "Now therefore, restore the man?s wife; for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you shall live. But if you do not restore her, know that you shall surely die, you and all who are yours.?"

God was not only protecting Abraham here, he was also protecting Sarah and all of their household that later became a nation.

These were the primary events that form the backdrop on which these verses 12-15 of Psalm 105 was written.

Who then are the anointed [ones] now?

Please let me quickly say that these gifts of Christ as stated in Ephesians 4:11-16, has nothing to do with TITLES or POSITIONS. I wonder why we have Pastor so and so, Apostle so and so, etc but we don't have Teacher so and so. These gifts of Christ were given (not attained or achieved) for FUNCTIONS!

So, who are those that are anointed, If we are to "apply" the scripture Psalms 105.15 today?

a.) Scripturally, Psalms 105:15, is for our exhortation not "shut-ING-up" words. To see what God has done in the past, and so believing in him that he would keep his words in the NOW.

b.) You will also notice that the scripture is not for a certain individual within the community against another group of persons within THAT family or THAT community of anointed ones and prophets! In fact, God used the plural PROPHETS!!! NOT PROPHET!! Read any translation!

c.) We are all ANOINTED !!!

That is God's word!
..But you have an anointing [unction] from the Holy One, and you all know..... But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him [ the anointing is not OIL, it is a person ]. 1 John 2:20,27,
Of course you have to read from the verse 1 to see these in context.

In conclusion: There is of course, a place of honor for those who labor and who are put in charge as leaders or Shepherd by God [ We are all the same before God, it's our functions that defers, just like body parts ].

However, we are charged by scripture "..Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith...", it is when we do this that we realize that Jesus is the same Yesterday, Today and Forever. Why? Because what God is working in their lives following the Lord, will be the same if we follow him so!

We are to CONSIDER the OUTCOME of their way of LIFE and FOLLOW their FAITH!!! God doesn't have grandchildren!!!

Clearly it obvious that Psalms 105:15 is not the exclusive reserve of the elitists within the church!

I can only Pray that the Lord grant you understanding in all these things!!

- Timothy Adigun

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/08/the-lie-we-preached-from-pulpit.html
Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:14 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

One of those scriptures we've misused and quote out of context is Ps. 105.15. An individual in the place of leadership, within the body of Christ has misused his/her authority or abused his/her office, instead of taking up the cloak of humility, we respond with either by citing the story of Moses and his siblings in Numbers 12:4-10, then back it up with Ps. 105.15 or 'we' place people under a curse { I wonder if we understand scriptures at all ... we place God's people under a curse, after that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the Law, being made a curse for us} HABA!!! O ga ooo. I hope to look into that another time, if God wills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will probably draw a lot of wrath for this, but are those we endorse as God's anointed beyond our criticism? Does "touch not God's anointed" mean our religious leaders are to be given unconditional authority and the right to self-righteously judge or to judge hypocritically.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:22 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

To find out who is a candidate for any Genesee County office, simply go to the Genesee County Michigan Clerks office and look at the elections division. Bryant Nolden has been a candidate for county commissioner for over a month.

It was embarrassing to have Bishop Jefferson tell Mike Killbreath that she was relying on rumors that Nolden was not even a certified candidate. She had to admit that she had also been told that he was certified. Killbreath could have gone on line on his show and verified the issue.

Bishop Jefferson is not the only one to be upset that the UAW endorsed before the filing deadline. Some are complaining the UAW endorsed the same old candidates. There does seem to be some confusion about the endorsement for Woodrow Stanley's House seat. Sims says he was endorsed, but Neeley was sent a letter saying the UAW was not endorsing in this race. Many are surprised because Neeley is a long time union representative and supporter. Sims has never belonged to a union.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Killbreath relied upon the alleged recall organizers who said they plan on recalling some council members.

They all need to check the new laws on recalls. Instead of an August recall,they will be lucky to get a February 2015 recall election. And they only have 60 days to get their signatures.
Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:09 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

THE CHICKEN GEORGE STRATEGY

I only heard the last part of the radio show of Pastors Flynn and Threckheld, but that was enough to be confused. Threckheld wanted the citizens to come up with a strategy to regain control of the city and he used the example of Chicken George in Roots.

Chicken George trains and fights chickens for his sometimes drunken master. Part of the story revolves around the Nate Turner rebellion, a former slave who tells George that being free is better than anything. Things get rough for slaves whose masters fear will rebel until Nate Turner is caught and hanged.

Chicken George is lost by his master when his chicken loses his fight and George goes to England with his temporary owner. When he returns most of his family has been soldoff. Using trickery, George achieves his promised freedom. However the law is such that if he stays 60 days in a slave state, he is once again a slave. He goes to Canada and returns to reclaim his family after the Civil War.

The part that Threckheld was referring to was when George retaliates against Evan Brent, an individual who terrorized George's family before the end of slavery. George tied Brent to a tree and threatens him with a whip, but never whips him.

I am unsure what this symbolizes. Threckheld equates Flint to a state of slavery now. So is he advocating we terrorize the state?
Post Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:58 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: