FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: More FLINT 2013 violence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

:URLhttp://mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/04/some_call_for_closure_of_palm.html/post/2013-04-26/1367010796-265-84.html

The Flint Journal reported that State Statutes allow the State liquor control officials to intervene in a club's liquor license only if the violence occurs inside of the business. Violence that occurs in the parking lot or vicinity is not within their purview. The palm Tree has had no liquor violations since 2004.

The situation is unlike Club Exclusive which had a stabbing within the building.
Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:26 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Those mysterious booms last night kept much of the near north end awake. They seem to happen at random times. They started about 2 am and were replaced by gunshots in the distance about 4:30 am.

My dogs were going crazy and I thought I would never get any sleep.

The Master Planning safety group should spend some nights in the north end and they wouldn't be so sure Flint is safe.
Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:52 pm 
westflint
F L I N T O I D

The east side said they were hearing explosions at 4 am. They had this happen before and no one can figure out what it is.
Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:02 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Maybe it's the bomb squad practicing in case they're the low bidder to take down Genesee Towers.

As fas as the master plan & the North End, various sources tell me that everything North of Welch Blvd is to be completely ignored.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

For those of you who missed it:

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/03/flints_mystery_booms_explained.html

mlive.com
Flint's mystery booms explained: Police confirm secret bomb range
By Blake Thorne | bthorne1@mlive.com
on March 30, 2013 at 5:50 AM, updated March 30, 2013 at 5:51 AM

FLINT, MI -- For years, some residents on Flint's east side have complained of mysterious booming noises rattling their walls.

Residents here have described the noises as sounding like thunder or fireworks. Some people just hear them, others can feel them in the ground.

Nobody seemed to know exactly what was causing it.

B]Now, the Flint police are confirming they have a bomb range in the area at an undisclosed location.[/b]

Flint Police Capt. T.P. Johnson said the police have a "controlled range" on a vacant piece of property owned by the city.

The department's bomb squad runs training exercises there and it's also where police detonate dangerous explosives they recover.

"We've found live shells from mortar guns, old grenades from Vietnam and World War II that people brought home as a souvenir," Johnson said. "And these things are dangerous."

Johnson declined to say where, exactly, the range is, but said it's "far removed from anybody's home."

So, rather than let a decades-old live grenade sit in an evidence locker, police take it to this range and detonate it.

It was also the site of a training session for Transportation Security Administration officers.

"About 15 of our employees attended an explosives safety training and demonstration on Feb. 26 that was conducted by the Flint Police Department," said TSA spokesman Jon Allen.

"The session was held at the police range and was led by police instructors," he added. "These sessions benefit our security officers by increasing recognition skills for explosives components and heightening awareness of the power of explosives."

The range is used as needed and there is no set schedule to when detonations are done there, Johnson said.

Some residents in the area had speculated local scrap yards had something to do with the explosions. Several scrap yard owners in the area denied that they were doing any activity that would be so loud.

Rick Toney wasn't award of the police bomb range until MLive-Flint Journal notified him about it Friday.

"Really? I never knew that," said Toney, who works at J&S Auto Salvage on Dort Highway.

Toney said he's heard the explosions from his shop.

"We heard another one yesterday or the day before," he said.

"This far away, it's a weird sound, it's almost like thunder but it's not."

Blake Thorne is a reporter for MLive-The Flint Journal. Contact him at bthorne1@mlive.com or 810-347-8194. Follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

© MLive.com. All rights reserved.
Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

there was gunshots fired in the vicinity of Welch and Seminole very early Thursday morning and around 4 am this morning gunshots were heard coming from that area.

lots of voices on the streets early in the morning and someone knocked on my door at 4 am and got my dogs going. Three shots about 10 min later. Shots were slow and deliberate, not rapid fire. Maybe they were aiming?
Post Fri May 03, 2013 8:29 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Two were shot in the 3200 block of Gulf lane about 6:30 pm last night. Channel 12 reported no suspects and the Flint Journal reported two were taken in for questioning.

FPO was nearly silent on the issue but Crybabiecry posted the news for them.

The Journal posted that a large fight broke out in the back of the complex. Took a tremendous amount of personnel to stop as Flint, Burton, MSP and the Sheriff's Department all helped.

It did not help that a large group of teens (FPO said 50) started to fight at Summerfield School at Mackin and Milbourne about 6 pm last night.

With summer just starting, how are we going to deal with the violence?
Post Mon May 06, 2013 6:28 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Grace Street was the site of violence on May 3rd. The Journal reported the occupants of a home in the 300 block of Grace were awakened at 4:30 am by loud arguments. Four shots hit the house and one entered the house but no one was injured. Three live 44 caliber bullets were found outside the home.

Amazing Grace Block Club does a great job of cleaning this neighborhood. But they can't stop the violence. The north end has more people leaving and many once nice homes are becoming trashed out eyesores.
Post Mon May 06, 2013 6:34 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Shots have been fired all day (actually all week) in the 500 block of Copeman. Call just came in about a body down. Police then said a shot up 4 door silver Grand am but no body. May have been taken in POV to Hurley. Also a house was shot up.

The 500 block runs from Ramona Park to Seminole.
Post Mon May 06, 2013 8:06 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There was also a car chase from welch and Grand Traverse to Father Dukette dr. . The driver was apprehended.near 5th Avenue
Post Mon May 06, 2013 8:07 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I hear Dave Starr had some excitement on his block of Milbourne Street today. Raid of some sort.
Post Tue May 07, 2013 6:45 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Nope. Just a couple of plain clothes officers looking at the abandoned vehicles. Not sure which law enforcement organization they were with.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed May 08, 2013 7:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint Police called to stabbing

Posted: May 07, 2013 8:42 PM PDT Updated: May 07, 2013 8:42 PM PDT

By Matt Franklin - bio | email

FLINT (WJRT) -
(5/7/2013) - Flint Police are investigating a stabbing that happened on the city's north side.

At last check one person is in serious condition.

It happened sometime before 9 p.m. on Philadelphia near Dupont.

ABC 12 is told that someone took the victim into Hurley Medical Center for treatment.

A home was surrounded by crime tape.

Stay with ABC 12 news for details on this developing story.
Post Wed May 08, 2013 7:39 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There is another site for scanner information: Genesee County Scanners.

North end residents are complaining that many incidents are not being reported. This site seems to be doing a great job!
Post Wed May 08, 2013 3:46 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

And the URL is???????

Post Wed May 08, 2013 6:01 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: