FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 565 Welch to be a half way house?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The large georgian style home at 565 Welch may be a half way house if one Flint area Pastor has his way. The Pastor parked his jaguar and told neighbors that he was buying the house for that purpose. We have been told the Pastor is Larry Holley. The neighbors are vowing to fight the zoning change. It is a HUD house and has been two previous offers. Heavily vandalized it will take some money to bring up to code.

This is the same area Metauwaneenee Hills wants to make historic! It is 2 blocks east of Dupont.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Mon May 03, 2010 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon May 03, 2010 2:21 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

THE Rev. Larry Holley of Abundant Life Ministries, the owner of the building DHS just vacated? This, from FJ article:

"State records show problems at the office date to December 2006, when a notice to fix mold was sent to Abundant Life.

'The landlord did not perform the work,' Weiss said. 'The agency (did the work) and withheld the expense from rent.'

In January 2009, the state received a notice of default on the mortgage for the property, directing the state to make future payments to the bank instead of Abundant Life. A final notice about mold problems was sent to Abundant Life in March, Weiss and Holley said."

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/05/moldy_state_of_michigan_office.html
Post Mon May 03, 2010 11:18 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Dat's him. Isn't that the "church" that promises you large piles of cash if you attend their services?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

a pastor in a jaguar.................those types of things have always made me feel.............uneasy.... Crying or Very sad

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I've heard of some churches having multiple "love offering for the pastor" collections every Sunday. I thought pastors were there to guide their flock along the right paths, not get rich off them.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

[/img] [img][/img][/url]

Last edited by twotap on Tue May 04, 2010 11:36 am; edited 3 times in total

Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:40 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I remember watching Earnest Aingley on TV some years back. He was "curing" people, & asking them if they wanted the $50.00 cure or the $100.00 cure. For 50, you could walk again, but would need crutches. For 100, you wouldn't need the crutches. Laughing

Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:48 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ha ha ha ha when i was a mere lad i never missed ernest aingley.....i was always amazed how this guy could create miracles right in front of my eyes. many years later i'd read a few expose's but i must admit. watching those guys can still grab my attention!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed May 05, 2010 9:56 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: