FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Back to the Bricks

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

A gearhead buddy of mine said he heard that Back to the Bricks may be in jeopardy this year. He said the city told organizers they would have to pay for security this year. Anyone heard anything about this?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Why do they need security all we keep hearing is how safe downtown Flint is. Confused The guy to contact would be Al Hatch. I do see that burnouts of any kind will not be tolerated and if caught doing so your ride will be impounded along with fines to follow.

Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:58 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The city needs revenue. The story was on tv recently.

Actually some of my family members were downtown on Tuesday about 2 p.m. near blackstones. When a car came to close to a person with them, the older woman shouted for them to not hit her. The angry driver got out of his car and confronted the older woman. When he reached for the gun tucked at his back, one person shouted for everyone to duck. Luckily a special operations unit was close by and they charged in and arrested the guy. Two other officers then came in and took over. This could have been tragic.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun May 02, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:40 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

The Mayor has told all organizations that the city has no money to pay for police/fire/DPW/baracades/traffic control. He is making different groups foot the bill now for those services. However, groups associated with Tim Herman, Dan Kildee , Mott Foundation or Uptown are given special treatment. Those people named are ones who calls most shots at Flint City Hall.

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
A gearhead buddy of mine said he heard that Back to the Bricks may be in jeopardy this year. He said the city told organizers they would have to pay for security this year. Anyone heard anything about this?
Post Sun May 02, 2010 12:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

I heard the very same thing. Plus the mayor is turning his back on the churches and Juneteenth.
Post Mon May 03, 2010 5:05 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

he suports the white events but not the black ones
Post Mon May 03, 2010 8:14 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

Get some event that is fun to a part of and white people may want to show up. But who cares about black churches and Juneteenth? But if white people show up to a predominatley black event all they will be is a target for black rage. So why show up?
Post Mon May 03, 2010 9:08 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Doesn't Mott Foundation pay for officers downtown?
Post Mon May 03, 2010 11:43 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

boy, some of you are locked in racial discontent to the dismay of this city. the police did their job with the fool speeding downtown. it takes time for a city to become pedestrian-minded like an ann arbor type of ambiance. pissed, you need your basement checked for cell destroying mold. this type of racial attitude does nothing good and never has.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:11 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Heres my favorite forum racist Very Happy
quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:45 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: