FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: where are Concerned Pastors now

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

With all of the publicity surrounding the fiery death of the four children in the Carpenter road apartments, the Concerned Pastors were front and center helping with $35,000.

Now the arsons have put at least 2 families out in the cold and no church is stepping forward to help. The family from the Avenue A fire is desperate. Red Cross is limited in what they do and so far only friends and family are trying to help.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The Lady That Cares helped them out as much as she could.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

They are eating getting the meat off the rib bones!
Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:02 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Them concerned pastors are probably taking in enough cash from fleecing their congergations that they could pay off the city's shortfall. I always wanted to know what they were so "concerned" about?
Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I have seen a "pastors appreciation" event bring in over $30,000 for the pastor of some of the largest churches. No wonder they drive luxury cars and wear $1500 suits.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:37 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

That is a very racists thing to say about black folks. I will be calling AC Dumas on you.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:00 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:
That is a very racists thing to say about black folks. I will be calling AC Dumas on you.

Since when is the truth racist? Racism is your standard answer for everything. This applies to white pastors in some areas, especially the televangelist.

"They sing Glory Hallelujah and they really sock it to ya-In the name of the Lord" (Games People Play)

Foss Avenue and other large churches often give huge amounts to their Pastor. Even at the Baptist Center in Saginaw huge amounts of money are given. This is all a very public event and they proudly announce the amounts given! The National Baptist headquarters in Tennesee is no different. Have you seen the luxury cars driven by many pastors?
Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:57 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

My Pastor drives a 5 year old Malibu.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ill bet the price of the outfit this "concerned Pastor Rolling Eyes " is wearing could feed a Flint family for 6 months.

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:48 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

Go ahead LW! lol, going to hear a chastizing from another one of them phony do gooders huh? Sorry, this isn't racism LW, it is the facts. Don't like it? Cry yourself to sleep at night. Churches of all stripes have become "dens of theives". Ask yourself WWJD with all these hucksters and crooks that pose in His name?
Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:25 am 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

I do not go to church because it almost feels like a strip club. They pass the collection plate around several times, for the man up front to do a little song and dance one day a week. I wouldn't mind if it were benefiting the community at all, rather than paying for the ministers new car.

Anyhow, there are other religious based organizations that do more for people without all the recognition and glitz. The Salvation Army does a lot for people here. They might be able to help these families and not lap up all the publicity to do it. They also have one of the lowest administrative costs for a non profit.

I'll skip the collection plate, but I'll always drop a few dollars into a red bucket with a bell ringer.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:25 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Does anyone know if the "Reverand" Rolling Eyes sharpton even has a church??

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:46 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

How about the book written about Rev. Jesse Jackson and his blackmail of corporations.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:57 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: