FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint fires

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Don't believe the arson fires are gang related. There was a fire previously at the north end of Thayer Street. Thursday or Friday of this week the Marathon gas station and gas pumps on Court Street at Thayer Street were yellow roped and closed. According to the Flint Journal, Saturday, April 03, 2010, 7:08PM: "About 3:30 a.m., two more fires at abandoned homes were reported within minutes of each other. One was near East Hazelton and Second Street, and the other was on the 700 block of Thayer Street."

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/04/flint_fires_vacant_homes_arson.html

The 3:30AM Saturday house fire on Thayer was directly next to the gas station that was roped off 24-48 hours before the fire. Who roped off the station and why?
Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:22 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

That area has had a long time serial arsonist who has never been caught. I travel that area regularly and many homes have been burnt . The home on Glenwood was a lovely old brick home. I once knew one of the two families who lived west of that home, and both homes were burnt down.

The rumors are that specific homes linked to rival gangs are being burnt and this comes directly from the gangs. They don't claim every fire. Some fires may be for insurance.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:22 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
The rumors are that specific homes linled to rival gangs are being burnt and this comes directly from the gangs. They don't claim every fire. Some fires may be for insurance.
"Rumors" and "this comes directly from the gangs?" Are you saying the "rumors...comes directly from the gangs" or that you are acquainted with the gangs and the information comes directly from them?

Many of the structures are (were) owned by the Land Bank. I doubt there was any insurance on those.
Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:12 pm 
flint79
F L I N T O I D

The 3:30AM Saturday house fire on Thayer was directly next to the gas station that was roped off 24-48 hours before the fire. Who roped off the station and why?[/quote]

The gas station has been roped off for about a week (long prior to the fire). They were cleaning it out last weekend and the pumps and building were closed as of Monday last. The building was roped off by the person that was leasing the station.
Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:44 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Many of the addresses given for the fires just give the block, or the intersection. Of the 12 unoccupied houses I could find addresses for, 9 were on the demolition list. Four of the 12 were land bank houses, with one on the demo list.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
The rumors are that specific homes linled to rival gangs are being burnt and this comes directly from the gangs. They don't claim every fire. Some fires may be for insurance.
"Rumors" and "this comes directly from the gangs?" Are you saying the "rumors...comes directly from the gangs" or that you are acquainted with the gangs and the information comes directly from them?

Many of the structures are (were) owned by the Land Bank. I doubt there was any insurance on those.

I know a person that was told this by a gang member.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: