FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Somebody has to save the city of Flint! Don Williamson??

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Da Don

King Don

Pimp Don

A little more than a year after he resigned while facing a potential recall, former Flint Mayor Don Williamson said he’s “thinking seriously” about making another run for mayor.
“It’s a mess,” said the characteristically bold Williamson of city government. “What’s going on down there?”

“Somebody has to save the city of Flint,” Williamson said. “The people are calling me.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/03/don_williamson_considering_run.html

Last edited by Steve Myers on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

He certainly was better than the crew in now.I personally liked his direct no BS manner .However I think he has too much baggage.He made too many enemies,and this is a no go.What's behind door number 2 ?
Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:08 am 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

One major problem with Williamson running again. The last council Williamson haters changed the rules on running for mayor and felons are no longer allowed to run. TheDon has a felony conviction. They couldn't throw him out once he was in office, but they made it so he couldn't run again once he was out.

Thomas Jefferson
Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:44 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I hate to say it, BUT If I had to vote for Don or Walling. I would vote for Williamson in a minute. Walling hasn't done squat for me as Mayor

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

A little more than a year after he resigned while facing a potential recall, former Flint Mayor Don Williamson said he’s “thinking seriously” about making another run for mayor.
“It’s a mess,” said the characteristically bold Williamson of city government. “What’s going on down there?”

“Somebody has to save the city of Flint,” Williamson said. “The people are calling me.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/03/don_williamson_considering_run.html

Last edited by Ryan Eashoo on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

How about Patsy Lou with Don as city manager?
Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 am 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

I didn't mind Williamson. I liked his straightforwardness. He was not going to let the council run him. I watched a debate between him and Walling when Walling was running against him. Walling was just as clueless then.

The council did not like him, because he refused to allow them run unchecked. Yeah they hated him, because he wouldn't bend over for them. They liked Walling because he was spineless-still and would be easy enough to handle. Not to mention, Walling pandered to them endlessly during his first campaign.

I remember watching the debate:

Walling kept trying to paint this Utopia of a vibrant downtown of all the things he wanted to do. Williamson shot back pointing out that stuff takes money, where are you going to get it?

Williamson also pointed out that running the city was a business, he ran the city like a business.

He wasn't trying to make political allies, he was trying to keep this city from the ruin it's in now. If that meant telling city council no, then so be it.

If he can run again, I will vote for him again. Get this current moron out of office and get someone with a spine. If city council doesn't like it...... tough S@#t! vote them out too!
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:18 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

What does everyone think the city would be like if Clack had been elected?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Let's hope that never happens Dave.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:44 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

It's sad that we had to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Isn't that the way it usually works?
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:55 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Kinda like the last prez election.

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:26 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
ConcernedCitizen schreef:
One major problem with Williamson running again. The last council Williamson haters changed the rules on running for mayor and felons are no longer allowed to run. TheDon has a felony conviction. They couldn't throw him out once he was in office, but they made it so he couldn't run again once he was out.

Donna got an expungement why couldn't Don Williamson? Shouldn't be a problem with his money.

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Williamson made us here at City Hall work and now peopl are lazing again. I have switched departments a couple times and used to work directly with the mayors office. He expected you give 110% and if you didn't you would be gone.
Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Mole,

I couldn't agree with you more. I was downtown to pay my water bill last week. One of the reps called me to the counter and made me stand there for 10 minutes while he instant messaged his friend. You could tell it was personal business from his reaction. Most of the city is laid off now and would jump at the chance to take his place.

In most places ignoring customers to chat with your friends online is grounds for disciplinary action. Apparently not at city hall. If Williamson expected people to do their job, there is going to be a massive house cleaning at city hall if he is re-elected. I'll loan him a few brooms and some disinfectant for the job. He would have a hell of a mess to clean up.

Maybe if it happens and we see some dead weight marching out with their boxes of belongings, we can all wave and say "Bye bye, now...."
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:20 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: