FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A salute to Public Safety Personnel

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Last night, my wife & I went to the retirement party for John Deal, a 30 year veteran of the Flint Township Police Department. John is the son in law of a long time friend and coworker. Looking at John's decorations and listening to the tributes to him, it's easy to see that there is a bond between Police Officers and Fire Fighters that only exists in one other place; Troops in combat. These are people that put their lives on the line every day for us, and for each other.
Ladies and gentlemen of Public Safety, I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for you and for what you do. I salute you and thank you.
To the members of the Flint "foot patrol", you're welcome at our house any time.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Lucky he got out when he could, Flint doesn't care about public safety
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:34 pm 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

I agree with Dave Starr, foot patrol members if you are reading this, I don't envy you, but you are more than welcome to stop by our house too!
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:03 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: