FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Osama Bin O'Reilly

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FStar
F L I N T O I D

So, what's the difference between Bill O'Reilly and Osama Bin Laden?

Bin Laden has not actually killed anyone but has inspired crazy, gullible followers to kill the infidels.

Bill O'Reilly hasn't killed anyone either, but his words in the minds of equally craze, gullible followers inspires murder of people they consider "infidels". Whether it's Dr. Tiller or the neo nazi in yesterday's killing in DC.

To me, there is no difference!
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:06 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

There's also no difference between those that advocate abortions and those that advocated killing all the Jews.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FStar
F L I N T O I D

well, actually there is quite a big difference. For one, abortion is legal in the United States. Murder is not legal. Abortion, regardless of what you believe, is not murder. You may not agree with it, but until the law is changed, it is not murder.

By painting doctors who provide a safe and legal service to women in need as murderers, and by using such inflammatory language in doing so only feeds into the growing public perception that the so called pro-life movement is nothing more than radical, religious fanatics who have lost all sense of reality. This, in turn, only stokes the flames of hatred within weak people and they end up killing a doctor in a church. A f* &$ing church of all places! Yeah, real christian of him.
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:00 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

1. Abortion is the taking of a human life.

2. That shooter is beyond religious fanaticism; he's a total nut case. He hated Bush, felt the government was behind 9/11, etc.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Your right Dave but all the lib talking heads are trying to paint him as a typical rightwinger. As far as this comment from Fstar "Abortion, regardless of what you believe, is not murder." What I would like to see done is every highschool in the country herd all the 9th graders into the auditorium much like they do for Al Gores dumbass movie or the latest Mike Moore pack of lies documentary. Dim the lights and show them an actual movie of a late term abortion where the baby is half way out and the " womens healthcare provider" sucks the brains out of the screaming squirming child. After the students get done fainting vomiting or whatever their lib educated instructor can than explain to them that it wasnt really murder and it wasnt really a human child. ill bet in about a month or two after that presentation legal late term abortion would be a thing of the past.

Last edited by twotap on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:03 pm 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

Applause Applause Applause
quote:
FStar schreef:
....By painting doctors who provide a safe and legal service to women in need as murderers, and by using such inflammatory language in doing so, only feeds into the growing public perception that the so called pro-life movement is nothing more than radical, religious fanatics who have lost all sense of reality. This, in turn, only stokes the flames of hatred within weak people and they end up killing a doctor in a church. A f* &$ing church of all places! Yeah, real christian of him.

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:21 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

damn 2tap, theres a job for you holding one of those sick signs.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:05 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

FStar,

If your trying to connect Bill O'Reilly to a radical racist, lets be fair. How long did Obama attend church with Rev. Wright? Lets be honest, the first time I heard a sermon bashing any race, I would get up and leave. I would leave because I don't agree with the message and therefore I wouldn't agree with anything else the pastor taught. Yet Obama continued to go there until the heat was too much and he left. You can't tell me that he would attend for years and not agree with the message. Lets see what the Rev. Wright and Obama have to say about this issue, not the politically correct one he released.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_wright_0610jun10,0,7603283.story

"Them Jews ain't going to let him talk to me," Wright said. "I told my baby daughter that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office. ...

Since you are attaching Bill to the racist, why not attach Obama to his Preacher. I think his preacher has an idea on what he believes. I know mine does. I often talk to him about my beliefs and problems. That is what a pastor does. I have one question, would we have been so quick to forgive McCain, or any Republican, if he attended a church that preached the KKK values? I don't think so. We shouldn't let Obama seperate himself from this radical.

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:56 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

I apologize for the length of this post in advance Embarassed

On the abortion issue. Lets take religion out of it.

The government should stay consistent. FStar you mentioned that murder was illegal. The argument is if the fetus is a living human being or is it just tissue? If the unborn child is alive then it should be considered murder, right? So here is my argument.

Lets look at the endangered species act. We will take two endangered animals to use as an example. The bald eagle and the sea turtle. Everyone knows that if I go and shoot one of these animals, I am facing court time. That same law also states that if I destroy the eggs of these two animals, I am also facing prosecution.

This tells me that the government sees unborn eagles and turtles as living. Yet when it comes to a human embryo, it is just tissue? Is it alive because it is surrounded by an egg? That doesn't make to much sense to me.

Lets look at the human aspect. Lets say I decide to drive drunk and crash into another vehicle, killing the driver. I would be charged with Manslaughter. Why is it then, that when the driver is pregnant I get charged with two counts of Manslaughter? I thought the embryo was just tissue, right?

I can hear it now, its the womans choice. This isn't about choice. I also removed religion from the debate. This is all about whether the embryo is tissue or alive. The government already has a history that shows it is alive. That would make abortion murder by there standards. If you acknowledge that the embryo is alive and still feel that it is the mothers choice, then where does that choice stop? At what age should it be illegal?

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:14 am 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

FStar,

I would be interested to see the comments that O'Reilly made against the jewish nation. Is it because he maintains a balance with the other media? I admit I don't listen to him that much, but from what I have seen, he doesn't appear to be a NAZI.

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:19 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: