FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Ok!! lets hear all her qualifications.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
back again
F L I N T O I D

are you kidding?? Laughing Laughing Laughing caroline has done more the last 2 years
than palin did her whole career. palin did have a nice set of legs but knowledge of everything else was, er, well, lacking? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:11 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

REALLY. Libs and their fantasy world. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I would imagine Caroline did learn one thing, never ride with uncle Ted behind the wheel. Shocked

Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:39 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ahhhh. a typical ploy by the likes of hannity, limberger and the sniveling
twerp michael reagan.......deflay the discussion by introducing anything
unrelated to the subject at hand. thats why america got tired of republican
misdirection....by the way 2tap, uhhhh, i was wondering if'n you would
ship that nova to vegas so i can "floss" this weekend??? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:35 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Caroline is a good person, however is she the best person to fill that seat in this dire situation that were faced with?

Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
.by the way 2tap, uhhhh, i was wondering if'n you would
ship that nova to vegas so i can "floss" this weekend??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Why sure Lt as long as ya dont let Ted drive.

Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:40 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

nah not ted but i did see your boy michael jackson in a mall riding a
wheelchair with his 2 kids covered with cloth type head covers......

maybe i'll let your boy micky drive it down las vegas blvd.....ALONE! Shocked

i vote for caroline......why not??
Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:20 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
i vote for caroline......why not??

Well the main reason is nobody gets to vote for Caroline. Laughing

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:03 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ahhh, the o'reilly misdirection move again. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:19 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
are you kidding?? Laughing Laughing Laughing caroline has done more the last 2 years
than palin did her whole career. palin did have a nice set of legs but knowledge of everything else was, er, well, lacking? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah how can people expect her to show up at the polls when she has all those important board meeting to attend.
Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:05 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Isn't it immoral to disrespect royalty?

Better be careful...after Jan 20th the Civilian Security Force will be hunting perps like you down.
Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:59 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey shes a KENNEDY what do you think. Laughing I worked with a couple guys named Kennedy I guess they are qualified to be senator or governor or Hell even president i mean look who we wound up with MR. no experience. Laughing

Kennedy declines to make financial disclosure
By David M. Halbfinger Published: December 23, 2008

If she were applying to be, say, an undersecretary of education in Barack Obama's new administration, Caroline Kennedy would have to fill out a 63-item confidential questionnaire disclosing potentially embarrassing text messages and diary entries, the immigration status of her household staff, even copies of every résumé she used in the last 10 years.

If she were running for election to the Senate, Kennedy would have to file a 10-part, publicly available report disclosing her financial assets, credit card debts, mortgages, book deals and the sources of any payments greater than $5,000 in the last three years.

But Kennedy, who has asked Governor David Paterson to appoint her to succeed Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton — and who helped oversee the vetting process for Obama's possible running mates — is declining to provide a variety of basic data, including companies she has a stake in and whether she has ever been charged with a crime.

Kennedy declined on Monday to reply to those and other questions posed by The New York Times about any potential ethical, legal and financial entanglements. Through a spokesman, she said she would not disclose that kind of information unless and until she becomes a senator.

"If Governor Paterson were to choose Caroline, she would, of course, comply with all disclosure requirements," said the spokesman, Stefan Friedman.

Today in Americas
Shoplifting rises in U.S. as economy dropsClinton moves to bolster role of U.S. State DepartmentImpeachment panel hears of Blagojevich fund-raisingPaterson's office said his choice for the Senate would undergo the same background check as any cabinet-level officer in Albany, including verification of employment and education, a review of tax returns, and a criminal background check by the State Police. The governor's vetting process drew criticism this fall when it surfaced that his top aide at the time, Charles O'Byrne, had failed to pay income taxes for five years. The Paterson administration has since said it is requiring more extensive background checks.

The Senate's self-imposed ethics rules do not require any disclosure by potential appointees, although sitting senators are required to file financial disclosure statements by May 15 each year. (The latest filing by Kennedy's uncle, Edward M. Kennedy of Massachusetts, showed a net worth of at least $43.8 million, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, which ranked him the seventh richest senator.)

But several ethics experts, good-government advocates and scholars, who called Caroline Kennedy's situation highly unusual — because of her overt pursuit of the job, her celebrity and her lack of previous political experience — urged her to reveal information on her finances now, if only for appearances' sake.

Kennedy made headlines around the world last week after alerting the governor that she wanted the job. She then began a public tour, meeting with political leaders around the state, and quickly cemented herself as the dominant contender for the seat.

"Precisely because there is no campaign or election, she should be more willing to disclose and subject herself to a greater level of public scrutiny than is required," said Dick Dadey, executive director of Citizens Union, a nonpartisan watchdog group. He noted that other major contenders for the Senate seat — officeholders like the attorney general, Andrew Cuomo, and Representative Kirsten Gillibrand — have mounted runs for office and filed public disclosures before.

Others wonder if Kennedy's unwillingness to disclose personal information suggests she lacks the stomach for the kind of intrusive questions that could come her way as a candidate in 2010.

"If this were an open primary, and all the people seeking that position had to run, she'd have to make all those disclosures, so why not in the appointment process?" said Bob Edgar, president of Common Cause, a watchdog group that lobbies for tighter ethics rules. "She can't simply ride in on her name recognition or place in history. The voters and people of New York deserve that full disclosure."

Fred Wertheimer, president of Democracy 21, another watchdog group, warned that requiring financial disclosure by "anyone who is speculated about" for such a vacancy could be untenable. "I would think it would be up to her," he said. But he called Kennedy's campaign for the appointment "kind of unique."

So far, on her tour, Kennedy has taken just 11 questions from reporters, has granted no interviews, and responded only in writing to inquiries about her positions on significant issues.

"She needs to deepen the public's idea of who she is," said Paul Light, a professor at New York University's Wagner School of Public Service. "To the extent she can be more transparent, she dispels the notion that it's all about her name. We obviously know that she's quite wealthy, but beyond that, we don't know much about where she gets her income, how she's invested, whether she has followed her own principles in her investing activities, and so forth. That would be very useful to know."

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:12 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

aw jeees. yet another right wing blog.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:49 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Boot leg whiskey and BIG OIL can you imagine that if she were a Republican.

Caroline Kennedy: The $100M Woman
BY MICHAEL SAUL
DAILY NEWS POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT

Wednesday, December 24th 2008, 4:00 AM

Heupel/AP

Caroline Kennedy

The former First Daughter is refusing to release financial information as she seeks to become New York's next senator, maintaining her family dynasty's longstanding practice of keeping its fortune tightly under wraps.

Public records paint a portrait of an enormously wealthy 51-year-old woman, whose dad, 35th President John F. Kennedy, is featured on the half-dollar coin.

Her crown jewel appears to be the 366-acre ocean-side estate on Martha's Vineyard passed down by her mother, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.

Onassis bought the swank vacation getaway for $1.1 million in 1978. Tax records show the property is valued at nearly $40 million.

Experts predict it would sell for far, far more on the open market.

"If you were going to sell it it, it would be between $50 [million] to $75 million," said Cathy Goudy, owner of American Real Estate on Martha's Vineyard. "It's breathtaking. It's extremely unique."

Caroline Kennedy cashed out rather than own two Massachusetts waterfront homes, selling her father's Hyannis Port house for $3 million several years ago to her uncle, Sen. Edward Kennedy.

Onassis, upon her death in 1994, also handed Kennedy and her brother, John Jr., the gift that keeps on giving: JFK's share of a massive family trust - with never-disclosed millions invested in real estate, gas and oil. Shocked Shocked Shocked Family patriarch Joseph Kennedy launched the far-reaching financial empire for his children more than 60 years ago, split among JFK, Robert F. Kennedy, Edward Kennedy and their three sisters.

In 1998, Caroline Kennedy received an estimated $38 million from her share of the family's sale of Chicago's Merchandise Mart and other related properties.

Joseph Kennedy bought the Merchandise Mart, once the largest building in the world, in 1945.

Onassis also gave her children a sizable fortune, valued at $43.7 million by the executors of her will, though various auctions of her assets may have increased the value to upward of $70 million.

In 2005, a Sotheby's auction of more than 700 pieces of Kennedy family furniture, artwork and knickknacks amassed $5.5 million for Caroline Kennedy.

That's on top of the 1996 auction that raised $34.5 million - including $2.5 million for her mom's engagement ring from Aristotle Onassis.

And her brother left an estimated $50 million estate following his death in 1999, with Caroline Kennedy and her three children the prime beneficiaries.

Kennedy and her husband, Edwin Schlossberg, live on Park Ave. on Manhattan's upper East Side. From 2002 through 2004, she worked for $1 a year for the the city Education Department.

Aides said Caroline Kennedy will not release her tax returns if appointed to the Senate by Gov. Paterson. Her spokesman Stefan Friedman declined to comment Tuesday on her finances.

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:02 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

So ya gotta wonder is their any candidate thats actually worked a friggin day in their life for what they have instead of living off the gains illicit or what ever that someone before them made. The Kennedys what a joke. How come all the libs are just drooling all over themselves to place in the senate someone who is an rich elitist which is what they claim to despise. OH WAIT shes a lib herself well no problem let her rule. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes F___ing hypocrites.

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:26 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

libs??? Laughing Laughing actually, i consider myself a "progressive"

wait a minute....big oil?????? what about george bin laden Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:40 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: