FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Please explain why Flint voted for this guy...

What motivates Mayor Williamson?
A love of his city and desire to improve it for all
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Personal ambition, nothing more
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Mayor Williamson is willing to spend 8-10 million dollars to investigate his political enemies.

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/08/mayor_don_williamson_pleges_to.html

I ask because I don't know; has he spent this kind of money on any other projects for Flint, such as clean-up projects, or has it only been for vanity projects and revenge against his perceived enemies?

He seems completely motivated by ego. From my vantage point, I can't see any evidence of altruism in anything he does.

Does anybody have a copy of the news coverage of the time he paraded around City Hall with a bullhorn and a hard hat screaming that he was going to have City Council members put into jail? He looked absolutely off his rocker, to say the least. I'm thinking that footage on You-Tube and a 30 second-spot for anybody who runs against him for governor would go a long way in sinking his campaign, that is, if the recall doesn't kill it first.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:58 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Oh, and if you catch it before it is fixed, the Flint Journal misspelled "pledges" in the headline.

To quote Andi......"Oy!"
Post Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:00 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Hey, Kevin, you're catching on....you're such a mensch. Smile

#1. Hurry up and buy the domain name...that'll make him happy.

#2 Start transferring all of the website pages to .pdf files to keep them handy in case of libel claims....muwhahaha.

#3. Make sure that he files the appropriate paperwork with the state has been filed correctly, treasury reports, etc..

#4. Make shirts that say: "Pot, Kettle, Black" To indicate what Ms. Poplar did in the article.

Post Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:57 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well, his last project was taking credit for all the clean up in the City. Putting Dumpsters strategically in areas of citizens clean ups and made a little over a million on scrap that was dumped into them.

Then there was the brown paint he had leftover from the racetrack that has been used to paint the city brown.

Then there is the 8 - 10 million he spent in the current budget year that he over spent.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

Looks like they fixed “pledges.” That’s how it looked when I clicked on the link.

Spending $8 million to $10 million to investigate and publicize public corruption, parading around City Hall with a bullhorn, and taking credit for all the city clean up is mere child’s play compared to this schmuck’s other decision-making choices.

Off his rocker, Kevin? Completely motivated by ego? Yes and hell yes! Why anyone ever voted him back into office, or there in the first place, is way beyond me. Excellent choice of words, by the way, with “altruism.” He has never shown any indication of benevolence or selflessness, and does not care about bettering the city of Flint. Governor in 2010? That’s an outrage within itself!

Williamson is targeting Kincaid? That Quincy Murphy said it best. Spend that money to bring jobs here. To pay residents their rightful monies, instead of spending their taxpaying dollars to waste it.

Got to fault that Journal writer again, too, Kevin. Not only did he misspell "pledges" in the headline, but he assumed everyone knew PAC was "political action committee." Yes, it's noted at the beginning, but does not make any direct reference to that's what the acronym stands for.

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:41 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Why anyone ever voted him

Im just speculating of course but after the Stanley fiasco I would imagine the Flintoids were looking for some of that "Change" that Obama is selling.The old cliche "be careful what ya wish for". Laughing

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:38 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: