FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: You're Invited to Boot the Don
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
andi03
F L I N T O I D

It's kept up with the theme that people think that Con is a boob......it's udderly funny, eh?

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:46 pm 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

I have to say that I was very impressed with the organization and strategy presented last night at the first recall meeting. There were about 50 or so people that showed up – seemingly from all parts of Flint and Genesee County. A very diverse bunch – including laid off police officers, city workers, and community organizers. I didn't catch the last name of one of the speakers and founders of the Committee For a Better Flint (Dennis something). But he gave an amazing speech about why this recall needs to be successful. He said that this was the first time he has ever 'put himself out there' for a political purpose like this – but that given the state of things and the prospect of 3 and half more years of the Don, he was compelled to take action. His thoughtful, evenhanded, anything-but-inflammatory speech somehow managed to make allusions to 'mutiny' and 'sniper tactics' while remaining even-keeled. No small feat. Alex Harris too, was prudent, admitted to his reputation for high-strung, vocal opposition, and being more conservative than other members leading this effort. But he, like Dennis, urged people not to get bogged down in personalities, history, who did what when and who should've gotten credit (or blame) but didn't – but rather to think only of the future of Flint for ourselves and our children. Right on. They fielded questions, most of which leapt directly to "who would be our next mayor?" The CFBF was adamant that they didn't know and didn't care – that had nothing to do with their mission: removing a poison so that we can start again healthy. And that such speculation will be used by Williamson's backers to discredit the recall effort. Don't fall for it. I'm as skeptical as they come, and I believe them when they say they simply want the rotten apples out for a fresh start. They're looking to collect 10,000 signatures by September 14th. If you're a registered voter in the city of Flint, you can pick up or sign petitions at the campaign headquarters across from the Whitehorse Tavern (at the intersection of Court St. & Ann Arbor), 818 Ann Arbor St, Flint 48503 beginning next Wednesday. If you're sick of only being able to complain about the direction Flint is heading, take action.

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:45 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

All questions regarding this effort to recall Flint Mayor Don Williamson should be directed to Alex Harris at (810) 238 – 9017 or (810) 625 - 4192
Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:05 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

Should someone tell Lakewoman that Alex puts his # out there because he likes the calls?

We sure could use more money in the public school system. Something tells me it isn't working too well.
Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:54 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Yes this is Dayne Wallings idea and he is pushing it. He has never gotten over the fact that Flint voters don't trust him.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:40 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Hey Layoff Mellow D, Alex is a good guy!

quote:
Mellow D schreef:
Should someone tell Lakewoman that Alex puts his # out there because he likes the calls?

We sure could use more money in the public school system. Something tells me it isn't working too well.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:41 am 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

Hey, LakeWoman50, then you should agree with both Alex and Dane. From what I'm reading, they are both against same thing - which is that Williamson is an idoit. Do I have it wrong? [/b]

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:01 pm 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:
Yes this is Dayne Wallings idea and he is pushing it. He has never gotten over the fact that Flint voters don't trust him.

There are, and have been, a lot of people with this idea – even prior to the last election. Personally, I could care less about Walling's motivations, involvement, or emotional state. I'm pretty sure Lakewoman can't speak to Walling's psyche any better than she can speak for 'Flint's voters.' Such speculation does no service to this effort, Flint's future, or Alex Harris for that matter. Let's keep the cart behind the horse, folks.

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:58 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: