FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Questions for Flint Talk Posters
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

belonging to this wonderful chat site for over a year now, i have questions i'm curious about. i read where twotap is no longer posting. that's too bad, but it got me to thinking. whatever happened to FlintConservative and Opprimo? how long have all of you been here? who's been here the longest? the newest? come on, everyone - weigh in!

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:13 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I think that some of the posters that have a conservative slant are put off by some of the liberal posters, my humble opinion only!!!!!

I also think that when people talk about politics around presidential elections things get heated. There are many times when FC and TT and myself have posted back and forth to each other privately and we have worked things out or in a friendly manner chided each other, but have never made anything personal. My experiences only....fwiw.....Smile

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:30 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I agree, Andi.

I used to post a lot more, about stuff I kinda knew about. Then I took a long break. Now I just post about stuff I know about, like history, preservation, etc, or have very strong opinions about.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:47 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
I think that some of the posters that have a conservative slant are put off by some of the liberal posters, my humble opinion only!!!!!

I also think that when people talk about politics around presidential elections things get heated. There are many times when FC and TT and myself have posted back and forth to each other privately and we have worked things out or in a friendly manner chided each other, but have never made anything personal. My experiences only....fwiw.....Smile

Agreed. A lot of people see those that hold opinions they don't agree with as enemies, or incredibly stupid and in need of enlightenment. MY opinions not agreeing with someone else's does not make me an idiot.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

I apologize for picking on twotap.

I've only created an account in the last couple of weeks, but my partner has been on this site for a long time and we often talk about the silly stuff people post here.

I agree with Dave and Andy. During this election is an especially hard time for conservatives to show that their opinions do not make them an idiot.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:54 am 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

I completely agree with what everyone's saying. I especially empathize with Tegan. Like her, I used to post a lot more, but then took a long break. This is why I started this particular forum.

I still haven't got much response, other than Mellow D (I love that name, by the way), in the form of length of time to this site. Me - a little over a year.

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:56 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Opinionated schreef:
I still haven't got much response, <> in the form of length of time to this site. Me - a little over a year.
You can click on the Memberlist above to see the date others joined.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:48 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

wow thanks, 00SL2! I guess I didn't know that. interesting. lots of people who didn't continue posting.

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:14 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

I still have a pulse....Im sure several people are happy to hear that!

Post Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:03 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:

No apology necessary and someone picking on me was not why I cut back on my posts. It seemed like I was spending way too much time bickering with those of different political persuasions when I would look out the window and see what a beautiful day I was missing. When the snow starts flying and the weather turns cold and Baracko is about to take us back to the days of Jimmy Carter hang on to your ass cause Twotap will be back. Shocked Meantime I just give a quick glance and leave. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:34 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I think I've been here for nearly a year, though I guess I should check my own join date Smile

I came here because I like debating and hashing things over, and I couldn't stand the mindless "your not smart" kind of insults on Flint Town Talk at Mlive.

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:07 am 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Opinionated schreef:
belonging to this wonderful chat site for over a year now, i have questions i'm curious about. i read where twotap is no longer posting. that's too bad, but it got me to thinking. whatever happened to FlintConservative and Opprimo? how long have all of you been here? who's been here the longest? the newest? come on, everyone - weigh in!

You Called?

Smile I'm still around, just have spent a lot of time recently on other sites. I still pop in to look around though occasionally to make sure things haven't gone horribly awry...

Post Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:37 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:

No apology necessary and someone picking on me was not why I cut back on my posts. It seemed like I was spending way too much time bickering with those of different political persuasions when I would look out the window and see what a beautiful day I was missing. When the snow starts flying and the weather turns cold and Baracko is about to take us back to the days of Jimmy Carter hang on to your ass cause Twotap will be back. Shocked Meantime I just give a quick glance and leave. Laughing Laughing Laughing

You never fail to amaze me with your computer pictures TwoTap. This is nuts!!!!
I've been on for about a year or so and have cut down as well but due to having a very busy summer. It does get heated with political stuff but that makes the board exciting, just have to take a deep breath and remember we are all human and have personal thoughts and beliefs.
Richard
Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:33 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

I just got tired of being called names because I hold different beliefs. Let's see...I've been called "pig" because I'm male pro-life. I've been called "idiot" because I'm Christian. And then there's trb. Disagree with him and you have "a tiny, tiny brain and a large anus." I say, again, whatever happened to the "civil" in civil discourse.

I started on here because I enjoy debate and want to learn. I lost interest because I learned, again, people hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe...irrespective of facts or reality.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:47 am 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I started on here because I enjoy debate and want to learn. I lost interest because I learned, again, people hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe...irrespective of facts or reality.

This struck me as funny. I think a lot of us on forums think to ourselves that we are here to learn, but really we are here to teach, and then we get mad when no one learns our lessons.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: