FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Article on Flint now #1 most viewed on Newsweek.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

Congrats David Dicks, you got Flint even more negative press. Flint is rapidly emerging as one of the funniest towns in America. Newsweek couldn't resist getting its 'cracks' in as well...

Fashion Police: Flint Cracks Down on Sagging
http://www.newsweek.com/id/146803/page/1

If you want to get guns/drugs off the streets, you have to do it the right way. Why don't you call Ray Kelly and ask what he does. You might actually learn something or two about law enforcement.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/administration/headquarters_co.shtml
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:58 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****If you want to get guns/drugs off the streets, you have to do it the right way. Why don't you call Ray Kelly and ask what he does. You might actually learn something or two about law enforcement.*****

Um, Shawn there are a plethora of people qualified to lead the Flint Police Department, they are just not "qualified" according to "The Honourable" Don Williamson.

Don still doesn't realize that you CAN'T run a government like a business, too bad for the safety and sanity of Flint.....oy.

Needless to say, a clean slate and and NOT being investigated by the FBI would be a start.....<sigh>.

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:22 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Needless to say, a clean slate and and NOT being investigated by the FBI would be a start.....<sigh>.

That'll narrow the field considerably.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

This whole situation has been blown way out of porportion. The media picked up on it and went wild.
Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Public D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
This whole situation has been blown way out of porportion. The media picked up on it and went wild.

Predictably.

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:21 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:

You mean to tell me that you agree that the cops should be going after butt cheeks?! Is the Chief going to give the cops butt spackle and a putty knife?

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:17 pm 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

This whole country is uptight. Baggy pants, low-cut tops - it's all taboo these days. With those standards, I'm sure David Dicks will soon be arresting plumbers across the state!

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:33 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

If personal responsibility and self-respect were learned at an early age we wouldn't have such problems.
Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:53 pm 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
If personal responsibility and self-respect were learned at an early age we wouldn't have such problems.

What does that have to do with fashion?

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:01 pm 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

Public D, Okay, your pictures taking up space and crutial loading time were cute the first three hundred times. Can we lighten up on them a bit? Not only that, I didn't get the tie in from yuor fashion statement (pardon the pun) to your pictures.

I agree with 00SL2. You asked what that had to do with fashion? Easy. If those traits were learned at an early age, these kids may have more self-respect an dpride in themselves than wearing the ridiculous "fashion" of shorts down to their ankles.

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:18 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

I get it. Old-style kid in baggy pants - clearly the kid didn't grow up to be a gangsta.

Haha

And baby-Blackwater One-sie that clearly does not encourage being gangsta for today's youth.

Haha

Wait.

Are you sure that baby-Blackwater One-sies don't encourage kids to be gangsta?
Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:29 pm 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

Good foresight, Mellow.

I didn't get that, but I'm glad someone got PD's point with the photos. By the way, if that's the message - who says the old-style kid in baggy pants didn't grow up to be a gangsta? Isn't that Capone's baby picture? And those baggy pants are neat. Fashionable. Even tucked in the socks. We're talking about kids with a crooked baseball hat (never did quite get that fashion statement) and wearing pants down to their ankles. Showing their boxers and crack.

Didn't one of the guys on Goodfellows wear a Blackwater One-sie? Okay, maybe not.

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:11 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

At least the clothes in PD's photobucket examples cover the torso. In response to the question, though:

Those with self-respect who exercise personal responsibility have learned to think for themselves and make responsible personal choices to suit oneself and personal circumstances rather than blindly following "fashion" trends in order to be accepted by others. That is, if you're calling sagging pants "fashion."
Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:27 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

Do you think that hot white girls baring their midriffs and allowing their G-strings to show should also be cause for arrest?
Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:54 pm 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

No, because they are hot white girls. With nice midriffs. Even wearing a G-strings would be a plus.

Okay, that's not the right answer. The real answer here is that none of them should be arrested. Not the young, teenage boy with droopy pants that he can barely walk in, or the hot white girls baring their midriffs and showing their G-strings. The common denominator, though, is that they all have a reason for not caring if their crack is showing. Other than be a bit disgusting to me, I wonder what those reasons are. Anyone out there wear their pants baggy or show their G-string?

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:29 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: